Big Ships 0.5 - Big Update!

Azimech

2 hours ago, corbett said:

when i tried to download off spacedock, i only downloaded a blank file. when i opened the file it said "application not found" ;.;

What operating system are you using? It's a standard .zip file.

I've decided to combine WW2 Warships and Big Ships and the new name will be Real Ships, aimed at creating the most realistic surface vessels in KSP, both for combat and commercial vessels.

Part of the to do list:

• Custom category.
  • Multiple material types, all with their own unique properties (wood, steel, iron).
  • Armor/strength modifier, will affect part mass. Deck, structural and hull plating A classes will be combined to a single one in the editor.
  • Modified buoyancy/damage system.
  • More custom 3D models aimed at reducing part count, with a more realistic appearance.
  • Adapt some of Infernal Robotics so docks and ships can have working cranes, elevators, doors etc.
  • If possible, a custom version of Procedural Parts and Procedural Wings.

The primary goal is to reduce editor part clutter and hopefully craft part count. After KSP 1.1 has arrived and Firespitter/B9 have been updated, I'll be looking at adapting the plugins to work with Real Ships.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This mod includes the Civilian Hull parts for ships. I want to use this mod for making exploration vessels to travel around the oceans of Kerbin. In the editor, your tutorial says you need to assign action groups to activate the water pumps. But the civilian parts have no actions available. How do you use them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.