[1.2] DarkSideTechnology (Beta)

Badsector

24 minutes ago, Badsector said:

Hi @birdog357 TACLS already add resources and converters to all pods but if you like to add some specific config i'm happy to include it in the package, for ckan i'm sorry but i don't have knowledge about it

Regards Luca

I didn't realize that. I have some addon hab modules that don't have any resources built in when using it. As for Ckan I thought you coud just set a field on spacedock and it was automatic?

As you mentioned, TACLS already adds resources based on the crew capacity, but I figured I would go ahead and add the equivalent of a large circular life support tin and a large circular waste tin to the Cetrifuge25. That gives it, with a max crew of 12: 236 days of life support and 1y 23 days of waste collection (even across all categories for both). I'm not sure what TACLS would have calculated based on its little script, but it wouldn't have been that much.

Feel free to do what you want with the config, @Badsector or anyone else for that matter, hack away at it, repackage it - I don't really care. I take no responsibility if your kerbs starve to death or your ship blows up, yada yada.

Enjoy; mod looks cool (only seen the Centrifuge so far in the VAB).

Here's a link to dropbox for the config.

Here's the config contents incase the above link goes down, or you're just curious:

//Adds Large Life Support & Large Waste Containers Equivalents to the Centrifuge.
//Created by Deimos Rast
@PART[DST_Centrifuge25]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[TacLifeSupport]
{
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		amount = 1038.3
		maxAmount = 1038.3
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 686.3
		maxAmount = 686.3
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 105113.2
		maxAmount = 105113.2
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 172334.5
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 1658.8
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Waste
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 179.2
	}

}

Edited by Deimos Rast
updated link

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

As you mentioned, TACLS already adds resources based on the crew capacity, but I figured I would go ahead and add the equivalent of a large circular life support tin and a large circular waste tin to the Cetrifuge25. That gives it, with a max crew of 12: 236 days of life support and 1y 23 days of waste collection (even across all categories for both). I'm not sure what TACLS would have calculated based on its little script, but it wouldn't have been that much.

Feel free to do what you want with the config, @Badsector or anyone else for that matter, hack away at it, repackage it - I don't really care. I take no responsibility if your kerbs starve to death or your ship blows up, yada yada.

Enjoy; mod looks cool (only seen the Centrifuge so far in the VAB).

Here's a link to dropbox for the config.

Here's the config contents incase the above link goes down, or you're just curious:

//Adds Large Life Support & Large Waste Containers Equivalents to the Centrifuge.
//Created by Deimos Rast
@PART[DST_Centrifuge25]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[TacLifeSupport]
{
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		amount = 1038.3
		maxAmount = 1038.3
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 686.3
		maxAmount = 686.3
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 105113.2
		maxAmount = 105113.2
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 172334.5
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 1658.8
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Waste
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 179.2
	}

}

I don't have personal experience with TACLS and i cant support for future changes, for that i link your post at the first page, thanks for share this cfg

Regards

Luca

11 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

@Badsector First of all, congratulations for this beautiful mod. I have a little suggestion, can you add some lights at the windows of the centrifuge? IMO they can improve a lot the look of that part.

Please wait for the new parttools, i'm using linux and for do emissive animations i need rebuild the asset in windows.

Hi, just a quick question:

Would it be possible for you to create a bearing for custom centrifuges? Basically your centrifuge without the arms, just a section that is static at both ends with a middle part that you can attach parts to? I am currently using Infernal Robotics for that but it is wobbly and part intensive.

20 minutes ago, Xeiki said:

Would it be possible for you to create a bearing for custom centrifuges? Basically your centrifuge without the arms, just a section that is static at both ends with a middle part that you can attach parts to? I am currently using Infernal Robotics for that but it is wobbly and part intensive.

Probably for the iva and for KSP 1.1 i have to switch to IR, but i wait for the release first to do something

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Xeiki said:

The deep space pack has exactly the bearing and counterweight you'd probably be looking for. Centrifuges done with it feel much sturdier than a normal IR one, but they're still a bit wobbly. I think single-part ones will remain more stable even if IR gives you more options.

9 hours ago, FungusForge said:

So, finally got around to playing KSP (and testing the new parts in this mod). Just wanted to say the inline solar panel blew my mind. Great work!

Thanks, i have take the inspiration from the martian (Hermes solar Panels works on this way) but all the credits for the original idea for KSP go to @Dr. Jet , inside Chop Shop you can find different sizes of the inline solar panel.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 0:57 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Any plans of updating to 1.1.2?

Does it need to be?  It's a parts pack, everything seems to work fine in 1.1.2.  Is there something that worked before under 1.0.5 or 1.1.x that is broken in 1.1.2?

@Badsector - awesome mod, I love the centrifuge.  Actually, I love all the parts!  I hope you're still working on the IVA.  One thing you might consider adding is CLS support, especially since it wouldn't require any upkeep.  All you'd need to do is add the following as a MM patch alongside your existing patches:

@PART[DST_25CrewHub]:FOR[DarkSideTechnology]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}
@PART[DST_375CrewHub]:FOR[DarkSideTechnology]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

@PART[DST_375ISP]:FOR[DarkSideTechnology]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}
@PART[DST_375X2CrewHub]:FOR[DarkSideTechnology]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}
@PART[DST_Centrifuge25]:FOR[DarkSideTechnology]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

On 1/5/2016 at 9:57 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Any plans of updating to 1.1.2?

I have some plans but not for updating to 1.1.2 but some balance need to be done, now i don't have enough time for ksp but i haven't drop this mod.

On 3/5/2016 at 11:16 PM, DarkGod said:

Just dropping a line to say how much I love this mod. I cant stop from designing ships & stations with that rotating hub :)

Thanks

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

One thing you might consider adding is CLS support, especially since it wouldn't require any upkeep.

Thanks i add it to the next release and for now i link your post to the first page.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks promising.

Do you plan to implement acceleration of the centrifuge?
Is the rotation speed giving 1 gee exactly? Is KeepFit implementation planned?

Two weeks ago I started kinda request thread, perhaps this is of interest for you:

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.