Station Contracts Question

bpw823

I've recently begun construction of a station for transit to Eve for a contract, but I recently got a contract for a station around the Sun. I've checked and the requirements are exactly the same, and my station/ship will transit to the Sun's orbit, but I'm not sure if it would count as a new ship, as only half of it has been docked and prepped in orbit. Is it considered a new ship once you add another module to it? (I have two more to go). I'd like to hit two birds with one stone to make the most profit. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, bpw823 said:

I've recently begun construction of a station for transit to Eve for a contract, but I recently got a contract for a station around the Sun. I've checked and the requirements are exactly the same, and my station/ship will transit to the Sun's orbit, but I'm not sure if it would count as a new ship, as only half of it has been docked and prepped in orbit. Is it considered a new ship once you add another module to it? (I have two more to go). I'd like to hit two birds with one stone to make the most profit. Thanks!

My understanding is that if you dock a new module to it, it will register as a new ship.

15 hours ago, bpw823 said:

To be honest, I've managed to forget adding an antenna to a contract spacestation, docking something with an antenna to it immediately completed the contract. So yes, it ought to work.

I've recently added a second module and it does not check the contract requirement of the new ship w/ antennae, etc., while it did have it checked for the first contract I built it for. Thanks guys, I'll just pay back 100k :D

8 hours ago, Snarfster said:

To be honest, I've managed to forget adding an antenna to a contract spacestation, docking something with an antenna to it immediately completed the contract. So yes, it ought to work.

In this case, the contract was completed since the station contracts don't limit how many modules you can send up to meet the requirements.  I believe the OP is asking whether his already half-completed station will qualify as a new station since the first module was sent up before the Sun station contract was accepted. As @Nich stated above, in 1.0.4 simply adding more modules to an existing station did not qualify the station as "new", if that station already existed prior to the contract being accepted.

49 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

In this case, the contract was completed since the station contracts don't limit how many modules you can send up to meet the requirements.  I believe the OP is asking whether his already half-completed station will qualify as a new station since the first module was sent up before the Sun station contract was accepted. As @Nich stated above, in 1.0.4 simply adding more modules to an existing station did not qualify the station as "new", if that station already existed prior to the contract being accepted.

You know, I never saw that part of the question... Shouldn't try to answer questions when I am tired. ;)

A while back there was a bug that would allow you to subvert the new facility objective by docking in certain ways. That bug has been fixed. Every piece of the facility needs to be launched after the contract is accepted. The clock doesn't start ticking when it appears on the board, but when the contract is accepted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.