Can't put any crew into my ship

23 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

You need available crew travellerTTT, those are assigned,, so either bring them home or hire some more.

He can't hire, his roster is full (5 of max 5, the 'missing' kerbals are still counted as active).

What he needs to do, since the two missing are orange suits, is probably as simple as letting a day pass of in-game time, and those two will magically reappear as available. Or upgrade the astronaut complex if funds and career settings permit to up the max nr of kerbals he can hire.

Edited by swjr-swis

Well spotted @swjr-swis, though Jeb, Bob, Bill and Val don't respawn if they're dead last time I checked, other Kerbals have their names generated so the same name can appear again.

The missing Kerbals can be dismissed to make room for new ones, one of the three assigned Kerbals can be brought home or like you say the astronaut complex can be upgraded to allow more foolish brave Kerbals to be hired.

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Well spotted @swjr-swis, though Jeb, Bob, Bill and Val don't respawn if they're dead last time I checked, other Kerbals have their names generated so the same name can appear again.

@sal_vager I just tested this in a newly started default settings career. At the space center it took 8 days of advancing to the next morning, instead of a day, so maybe the respawn is a bit more random, but eventually the orange suits do come back:

I then recreated another default career, made them MiA, let a single day pass, then left the game to main menu and reloaded, and all four were back again. So perhaps the randomness can be avoided by simply reloading the game.

In any case, they do come back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.