The days for ULA could be closer to the end.

AngelLestat

On 2/1/2016 at 11:04 PM, AngelLestat said:

[...]Again, it does not matter the destiny of their parents companies.. it matters ULA destiny.
They can have all the senators they want..  but one thing is sure in the world.. everyone will do the best for himself.
This mean that if the company can not compete by a big margin, and its vulcan project seems to follow that trend (when you include the develop cost and lifetime of the business)  then it will be too risky for the same ULA (because they need to make some investments without guarantee that will keep in the business for much longer and that level of failure can impact in the reputation of their parents companies) and for the senators who will put them in a bad spot to protect a company who did not have any chance from the beginning which steal money from the taxpayers and voters.

"Steal money from the taxpayers and voters" is what the military-industrial complex does.  Why in the world would this be any different?  You are claiming some sort of vast sea change in US politics with zero evidence.

zero evidence?

The same words that I use was mentioned by McCain in a public debate.

In fact all the strikes against Russia and ULA starts at 0:00.
Then at 26:28 there is another big hit that ULA politicians can not answer.

This is different because spacex is on the news in lot of media worldwide. Spacex has a lot of followers and this issue is related to their success, so the media aspect is completely different.

By the way.. I am not claiming nothing.. is just my opinion (or prediction if you prefer) . But well, If I don't have evidence.. then show me your evidence that ULA will continue operations with normally by many many years. Because there is no argument of choice that all lead to a bad future for ULA.

Edited by AngelLestat

On 2/2/2016 at 0:59 PM, fredinno said:

No, it has already been done, there was a video on ULA's youtube channel about it too.

do you know about when the video was posted?  Because I am 99% sure that it is not currently implemented on Centaur.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.