The KSC2 is an asset in the game and has always been considered an Easter egg. 

In career mode the buildings can be upgraded.  An alternative could be to purchase KSC2 and have facility upgrades but at lower cost.  The launchpad and VAB have increased limits and a minor upgrade to tracking.  The cost of purchase should be about 2/3 the total cost of upgrading the VAB and Launchpad.   

The latitude will make launches cost more delta-v because launching due East will result in an inclined orbit.  The launch tower is friendly and loves to kiss your rockets goodbye.

A method for creating fuel.  Perhaps a faulty fuel refinery that needs equipment. A Drill-O-Matic assembly to be acquired (part is not in the Advanced Science Tech and is only intended for this site) and with resources in this area are always set to be high.  The power and fuel storage would also need to be implemented to bring it back online and the player could attach these parts to the refinery using docking ports,  A method for pumping fuel without upgrading the R&D for fuel transfer.  Fueling the vessel via docking ports on the launch pad, runway or tower. 

The landing strip could also be added and a pad area for vessel assembly and erecting would add further options to the site for a price.

8KG9dNC.png

Also a barn in front of those mountains would make an awesome picture.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Alternatively, you could give Extraplanetary Launchpads a go - it will require you to move numerous, big, bulky and/or heavy equipment to the site. That's a fun project in itself. Than you can set up a mining rig to get the raw materials for the smelter to make rocket parts, than you'll only need to refine some fuel for the first launch.

Wish I had the patience to do the above.

On 1/30/2016 at 1:35 AM, Evanitis said:

Alternatively, you could give Extraplanetary Launchpads a go - it will require you to move numerous, big, bulky and/or heavy equipment to the site. That's a fun project in itself. Than you can set up a mining rig to get the raw materials for the smelter to make rocket parts, than you'll only need to refine some fuel for the first launch.

Wish I had the patience to do the above.

The idea of moving big bulky and/or heavy equipment seems to call to my inner patient kerbal engineer. 

JcYZABD.gif

Currently I am experimenting in a reduced facility play-style (see caveman challenge).  All facilities remain non upgraded.  To circumvent the 18 tonne weight limit and 30 part count I integrate components using the docking port juniors.  This example I assemble a crane to lift a payload from a horizontal into a vertical position.  The payload once lifted is mobile and will be placed on top of a booster rocket core that again is made up of several components assembled on the launchpad.  Previously I have lifted completed rockets before in much the same manner.

The idea of assembling a rocket has had my attention for at least five or more months.  There has been many successes and many more failures and I still look forward to overcoming all the issues that this endeavor encompasses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.