Modded Comunity Space Station (Not an ISS replica)

I decided to start a community project. A space station around Kerbin. I wanted to do this because I figured why not and also 1.1 is around the corner, which will bring 64-bit compatibility, or so I've heard. Imagine a station we could do with no ram limit?

Spoiler

spacering.jpg

*Daydreaming* Oh... uh...

ANYWAY!

*Clears throat*

It's pretty simple, modded community station.

Rules:

1) One station module per person per week. (Subject to change)
2) First come first serve! I will be making a list of who has requested the next segment. If you're not on the list and post a module, you're contribution will NOT count towards the official station.
3) Must include pics of your contribution.
4) Must upload and share the save file once you have finished adding to the station
5a) Onces docked, the module does NOT MOVE! Once this station gets bigger, it's going to be impossible to move modules around. I made this rule because people might want their module in a certain spot, and moving modules around gets difficult the bigger the station is. In short, once docked, always docked.
5b) Pods and Spaceplanes CAN be moved. They are easier to move than modules.
6) Deorbit ALL your debris! There's nothing more annoying or dangerous than having debris scratching paint on a brand new space station.
7) If your module is ready, but you have no time to launch, you can ask on the thread if someone else will launch for you.
8) More rules may come.

Q&A
Can I add a spaceplane to the station as my contribution?
Yes! The Kerbals need some way to get off the station, and a pod is kind of small.

Can I add pods to the station?
Of course! Pods are just as good as spaceplanes, if smaller.

I want my piece to go in a certain location, can I move other people's modules around?
See rule 5.

How big can our modules be?
As big as you want, but please, be reasonable. Don't go adding a module which can't be launched by a normal rocket... say... one half of an entire station. A gravity ring is fine, but if you complete the whole station by yourself, you will not be apart of the official station anymore.

I want to launch my module now, and the person above me hasn't added anything in two days!!!
I'll send a private to that person and ask if they still want to launch their part. If they say yes, I will give them one more day to do it, if they say no or do not respond to me within 24 hours, you will get the green light for launch.

Can I go ahead of the person in front of me?
If they give the okay for you to go before them, then yeah, you can, but that's up for you two to decide. Private that person and talk to each other.

Can we move the station's orbit?
No. 100KM orbit is a decent orbit. Not to low and not to high, accessible to anyone. Though, if everyone agrees to move it, I'll think about it.

Can we add more mods?
I wanted to keep the mods low so RAM usage was low. (Until 1.1 and 64-bit support) But, if the community wants more mods, we can add them. Just not too many please.

Can our modules be all stock?
Yes! Yes they can! Just make sure you download the mods still.

My module is complete and I know where I want it, but my schedule is so busy right now that I'm going to miss the deadline. Can I ask someone else to launch it for me?
If you can find someone who will do it, yes, but they will have till the deadline to launch for you. If they miss the deadline, you move to the back of the pack. Sorry. :(

Mods used:
Gravity turn
MechJeb2
NearFutureProps(Comes with StationPartsExpansion)
SpaceY extended and heavy lifters
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion
Tantares main and LV
ModuleManager 2.6.16 (comes with Station Parts Expansion)
PorkJet Habitat Pack

Pictures of my module:

Download  (Updated 3/13/16) P.S. Always check the last page of the thread! This download might not be updated with the latest one!
P.S.S: This is the final download for now, until 1.1's performance can help this project grow.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9XSuS0-gok4YTlIOTN2RDIxVlE/view

Module Launch Order:

First Launch: Core Module - GoldForest Launch Date & Time: 1/30/16 @ 11:54 PM CST
-Emergency Launch I: Docking module  - GoldForest, Launch Date & Time: 2/3/16 @ 7:25 PM CST
Second Launch: Spaceplane Alouette: SpaceplaneAddict Launch Date & Time: 2/6/16 @ 8:30 PM MST
Third Launch: MIR Core Module lookalike: pTrevTrevs Launch Date & Time: 2/10/16 @ ?:?? ??
Fourth Launch: Orion lookalike : Mad Rocket Scientist Launch Date & Time: 2/12/16 @ ?:?? ??T
Fifth Launch: Dreamchaser with Science module - TheSpaceManiac - Launch Date & Time: 2/16/16 @ ??:?? ??T
Sixth Launch: Inflatable Habitat Module w/ more docking modules - Delta_8930 - Launch Date & Time: 2/19/16 @ ??:?? ??T
Seventh Launch: Radiator Module - Dfthu - Launch Date & Time: 2/20/16 @ ??:?? ??T
Eighth Launch: Fuel modules and Buran - Scientia1423 -  Launch Date & Time: 3/1/16 @ 15:37 GMT
Ninth Launch: Artificial Gravity module -  SpaceplaneAddict - Launch Date & Time: 3/1/16 @ 6:21 PM MST
Tenth Launch:  XP-104 Unnamed Space Shuttle  - GoldForest - Launch Date & Time: 3/1/16 @ 9:30 PM CST
Twelfth and Final Launch(Until 1.1): Buran Shuttle 'Ptichka' - Scientia - Launch Date & Time: 3/13/16 @ GMT: 11:40

Edited by GoldForest

I hate to burst your bubble but the memory limit is not holding back the number of parts you can have, and while 1.1 can have multiple physics threads each craft is bound to a single thread, there may be performance benefits from other changes but mostly we are still going to be bound to 200 parts per craft to keep reasonable FPS. On the plus side you could have 2x 200 part craft next to each other and as long as you don't connect them it should run fine.

Sorry @GoldForest But I haven't found all the mods in the list:

Here are the ones I've found:

Gravity turn
MechJeb2
ModuleManager 2.6.16

And here are the ones that I'm unable to find:

Station Parts Expansion
Tantares main and LV

Is it possible for you to put links to the mods in the main post so it makes it easier for people to find them (otherwise the space station might become corrupt).

10 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Sorry @GoldForest But I haven't found all the mods in the list:

Here are the ones I've found:

Gravity turn
MechJeb2
ModuleManager 2.6.16

And here are the ones that I'm unable to find:

Station Parts Expansion
Tantares main and LV

Is it possible for you to put links to the mods in the main post so it makes it easier for people to find them (otherwise the space station might become corrupt).

Done

4 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I hate to burst your bubble but the memory limit is not holding back the number of parts you can have, and while 1.1 can have multiple physics threads each craft is bound to a single thread, there may be performance benefits from other changes but mostly we are still going to be bound to 200 parts per craft to keep reasonable FPS. On the plus side you could have 2x 200 part craft next to each other and as long as you don't connect them it should run fine.

If that is true the game is dead man.

I highly doubt that performance for single craft will not improve significantly. At least to how it was in version 0.90. Lag with 200 parts is a joke.

I have doubts as to whether the physics load range will even allow such a massive station, and the amount of modules required will be astronomical, but if you can give me substantial proof that this can be done, I would be more than happy to help.

7 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I have doubts as to whether the physics load range will even allow such a massive station, and the amount of modules required will be astronomical, but if you can give me substantial proof that this can be done, I would be more than happy to help.

It can be done. Ever see the YouTubeers Space station? 

14 minutes ago, zekes said:

What's the first day we launch? I have some stuff to do and installing mods will take a while. 

As soon as you can or when you get time. First module is already up, there's a download in the OP. It is your turn to launch btw.

Edited by GoldForest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.