Modded Comunity Space Station (Not an ISS replica)

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Thinking about putting the 2025 ISS around mun... or maybe just have it in interspace, somewhere between ksp and Duna

That means the modules would have to be smaller to compensate for the distance and in the case of a Kerbin - Duna station would take years to complete because of the distances.

Just now, Scientia1423 said:

That means the modules would have to be smaller to compensate for the distance and in the case of a Kerbin - Duna station would take years to complete because of the distances.

Just an idea, also, the modules don't have to be small. You send several up into lko, Attach them, then attach interplanetary transfer stage.

1 hour ago, Scientia1423 said:

59 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Just an idea, also, the modules don't have to be small. You send several up into lko, Attach them, then attach interplanetary transfer stage.

Why not just give our Minty friend Minmus a station?

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Is the new station going to be in this save or not because it would make for an interesting story?

Also @Andiron, the station is a power-hungry beast toppling over 500 parts so I suggest you turn down the graphics to help with docking; and what are you planning on sending up there?

39 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Is the new station going to be in this save or not because it would make for an interesting story?

Also @Andiron, the station is a power-hungry beast toppling over 500 parts so I suggest you turn down the graphics to help with docking; and what are you planning on sending up there?

I might need some help to launch it, my computer is a real potato. 

I 'd like to put some greenhouse, I don't think that's possible with the mod list. What about a simple robotic arm made with AGUs free pivot mode ?

Edited by Andiron

13 minutes ago, Andiron said:

I might need some help to launch it, my computer is real potato. 

I 'd like to put some greenhouse, I don't think that's possible with the mod list

If it's a green house, then use the stock pipes to make the shape and have the docking ports on the roof and base.

16 hours ago, Andiron said:

What about a simple robotic arm made with AGUs free pivot mode ?

That's an idea. It might be cool to have something longer with a grappling unit at the end to move modules from a dock to another and grab approaching vessel

On 3/5/2016 at 11:17 AM, Andiron said:

That's an idea. It might be cool to have something longer with a grappling unit at the end to move modules from a dock to another and grab approaching vessel

Looks nice. How are you docking those two craft in the image(AKA what is this madness)?

3 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Looks nice. How are you docking those two craft in the image(AKA what is this madness)?

I just dropped the top craft from a "crane" attached to the bottom one. (just some decouplers and girder segment) and I'm trying to create a better system to put the complete module under a reasonable size fairing.

The top part is rotating thanks to the free pivot mode of the Advanced Grappling Unit

Inspiration :

1024px-Canada_arm.jpg

2 hours ago, Andiron said:

I just dropped the top craft from a "crane" attached to the bottom one. (just some decouplers and girder segment) and I'm trying to create a better system to put the complete module under a reasonable size fairing.

The top part is rotating thanks to the free pivot mode of the Advanced Grappling Unit

Inspiration :

1024px-Canada_arm.jpg

Ah, makes sense :)

16 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Oh my god. The station is laggy as heck and the station keeps ripping itself up that I have to reload quicksaves. I think I'm only docking Ptichka today.

And that I suggest that after my docking that you close the station until 1.1.

Agreed. After Scientia launches I will ask a mod to lock the thread. I will put Scientia's download into the OP.

33 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Okay, this project is officially done as of now. I won't close the thread so we can discuss future plans and what not.

Also @Scientia1423 The Buran had 2 jet enignes, not 5 aerospikes. Took some liberties did we? Lol

ZhAB_1999_011_sm.jpg

My reference for Ptichka. And I really can't be asked to put a jet engine in the middle because I don't like shoving the jet fuel in the wings (makes the experience of hard landing spacecraft fun...)

Also here is what It actually looks like:

145-OK%201.02-OK%201.02-bbur91.jpg1293892547272893866.jpg?itok=VszBhNpk

I wanted it to feel complete so I edited the craft so it could Kerbal space program.

Here is an image of OK-MT(Test vehicle in foreground) and Ptichka (Background):

a7f1c5363b8b054a1fca7ed7ed7fb145.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 8/21/2016 at 5:00 AM, AyeLmao said:

So, is this dead still? were up to 1.1.3 and from what i can tell the mods are up to date so.

Did you check every mods on the list is compatible? Download the rar file and mods, put them in the folders and run the save. 

The last time I checked the error came up with missing Auva.RCS.B and the station cannot load and I've requested the Tantares dev to fix this but when I checked the changelog I did not find anything...

Edited by Scientia1423

Just now, Scientia1423 said:

Did you check every mods on the list is compatible? Download the rar file and mods, put them in the folders and run the save. 

The last time I checked the error came up with missing Auva.RCS.B and the station cannot load and I've requested the Tantares dev to fix this but when I checked the changelog I did not find anything...

Sure it was from tantares, Auva does not sound like anything from that pack. if it is and it got lost somewhere along the line of development then you can always rename a Random Part of similar spec in its Cfg.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.