Modded Comunity Space Station (Not an ISS replica)

On 2/23/2016 at 3:35 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Launch status: Give me a go, no go for @Mods_o_joy

:) I really wanna launch....

@Mods_o_joy isn't launching (or forgot to post :P ) and I request that you go ahead as I've already told the OP; but do wait for confirmation. Anyway, are you docking near Alouette because that needs to be clear of any obstructing items but docking it sideways to the station is ok; and maybe after that you can modify the rotation of the spaceships.

47 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

CRAAAP, @GoldForest, I forgot about the launch and still need time to prep the module. Put me down a spot.

Basically, for now, I request that @Scientia1423 go ahead for now.

Spoiler

._.

Oh alright, It'll be due in on tuesday (my launch) at 17:30 GMT.

Edited by Scientia1423

I've heard in 1.1 fairings are going to have invisible struts with infinite strength which would help with launching modules a lot.

Spoiler

Missionwise, I am halfway done, but there's a pesky little part of my module that doesn't want to go to space. I've docked the core parts of my station and I have one of the extension arms ready to dock, It's just that other ARM. That pesky little bugger. Grrr...

7 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I've heard in 1.1 fairings are going to have invisible struts with infinite strength which would help with launching modules a lot.

Hide contents

Missionwise, I am halfway done, but there's a pesky little part of my module that doesn't want to go to space. I've docked the core parts of my station and I have one of the extension arms ready to dock, It's just that other ARM. That pesky little bugger. Grrr...

Did you preform one launch or multiple?

11 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

It's too heavy to go into space in one piece as it keeps toppling over, which is why I commented about the 1.1 fairings which are Soon™ to come.

Yeah, when somethings too big I just put the long bars all over the place and strut the hell out of it lol. That's how I launched the docking module. It's too long to just strut the bottom. I made a makeshift container to hold it in place using the big bars and tones of struts everywhere.

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Yeah, when somethings too big I just put the long bars all over the place and strut the hell out of it lol. That's how I launched the docking module. It's too long to just strut the bottom. I made a makeshift container to hold it in place using the big bars and tones of struts everywhere.

Ah, so that's what you do, thanks for the advice! Also I'm nearly done with the task as I was able to launch the other arm (by attaching the boosters to the docking ports) and I've docked one of the arms to the station so everything should go smoothly.

There are a few things I should point out:

1. The station isn't lined up and straight with the navball; and that the station has leaned onto it's side unlike before where the core and Alouette used to be on top rather than to the left 

2. Burans will come next time I launch with the refueling for the arms (Burans will stay, fuel tanks will go)

3. The amazing work of each contributor has lagged my computer and forcing me to kill my graphics. (Well done guys ;) ).

10 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Ah, so that's what you do, thanks for the advice! Also I'm nearly done with the task as I was able to launch the other arm (by attaching the boosters to the docking ports) and I've docked one of the arms to the station so everything should go smoothly.

There are a few things I should point out:

1. The station isn't lined up and straight with the navball; and that the station has leaned onto it's side unlike before where the core and Alouette used to be on top rather than to the left 

2. Burans will come next time I launch with the refueling for the arms (Burans will stay, fuel tanks will go)

3. The amazing work of each contributor has lagged my computer and forcing me to kill my graphics. (Well done guys ;) ).

Yeah I run at 25 fps whenever I load it up lol

Hey guys, I have another idea for a project(Which might not start till after 1.1).

An ISS, but not replica...

Okay, let me explain through an idea I had:

The year is 2023, the ISS is under threat of a meteor shower. All crew safely left aboard the two Soyuz pods The ISS was later hit by the storm and was destroyed without any chance of retrieving anything of value. It later burnt up over the Atlantic. Nasa and the other space agencies decided not to rebuild it. This did not go well with space enthusiasts who loved the ISS. Under pressure from constant requests NASA decided to build a station. They send up the first capsule. Other space agencies decide to join in. By 2025, all space agencies are working towards a new ISS.

That's the basis of the idea.

Mods that we would use:
Tantares(For Russian modules)
CxAerospace Stockalike station parts(For US modules)
A mod which includes Dragon and Falcon 9
SLS mod(If I can find a stockalike one or one that is stock diameter, and I know there is a stock SLS in game already, but come on, I'm talking about one that actually looks and acts like the real SLS)
An orion mod
An Ares mod(Loved that rocket, sort of don't like the SLS)
And any other mod that I can think of.

So what do you guys think?

Just now, Scientia1423 said:

Docking finally finished @ 15:37 GMT, Pictures and download after I finish deorbiting my tug

Also @GoldForest, nice idea and maybe add KWRocketry but do check the performance of these large amount of mods stacked together...

I will. And KW is a nice mod, I'll consider it. But like I said, I'm going to hold off until 1.1. Lol, I know this is crazy but... I'm going to upgrade my 16 gigs of ram to 64 gigs. Why? ALL THE MODS! Think of the cinematics! The projects! I will make KSP run a hundred mods!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.