[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

I'll try to post back with some shots of my last probe... I didn't catch any last night due to a "D'OH!" On my part; using Kerbal construction time and juggling several contracts, I sent the guy to the mun only to find out that I sent the probe that should have gone in a high polar orbit accidentally. :rolleyes: (F9F9F9!..)

It was made of the smaller box (name?...) with a pair of Quetzal service packs strapped on. It was pretty spiffy, if I might say so :wink: 

9 minutes ago, komodo said:

It was made of the smaller box (name?...) with a pair of Quetzal service packs strapped on. It was pretty spiffy, if I might say so :wink: 

Awesome. Barchetta with 2 ESMs seems to be a developing trend

3 hours ago, akron said:

Awesome. Barchetta with 2 ESMs seems to be a developing trend

Then there is my other model, which I hope doesn't become a trend (as its a bit of a boat anchor) which is a quetzal core with 6 ESM around the rim, offset into one large hexagon. It's a very capable boat anchor, mind you, but it's rather beefy >< ... But soooo symmetrical... :D 

9 hours ago, akron said:

Thanks! I'd love it if you could come back and tell me what you think afterwards!

She may look a little goofy, but it folded up nicely :). This was just a quick build that I slapped together and flung into LKO (on a Blue Dog rocket). Didn't spend much/any time investigating whether or not there was any low powered thrusters I could have used. Love it so far. I prefer this kind of parts look over stock. 

3Lnlo6y.pngRLc9TZI.png

3 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

She may look a little goofy, but it folded up nicely :). This was just a quick build that I slapped together and flung into LKO (on a Blue Dog rocket). Didn't spend much/any time investigating whether or not there was any low powered thrusters I could have used. Love it so far. I prefer this kind of parts look over stock. 

Looks great. The Torekka/Voyager science boom was a bit of a niche part. I am always happy to see it used creatively in designs. Give the new parts a go as well. The 0.14 pre-release is available on Github

3IctdW4.png

BETA 0.14 has been Released!

IMGUR ALBUM (embedding is broken)

Download

Download-Github-brightgreen.png

Download-Dropbox-blue.png

Download-Spacedock-lightgrey.png

Available in Curse soon

I am hoping that everything works and is awesome. Please let me know if you encounter issues by chance and I'll get a patch out. I am still debating if I will still have the some-what regular Friday twitch stream. I will send out an update tomorrow. I may take a little dev time off, or I may jump in to modeling Surveyor. 

Thank you all for the support!

Go explore the Solar System

~Cheers

Edited by akron

Hello Akron!

Just want to say, that You doing great job with it, and i'm wery happy to finally see the official update.

I have two questions about this:

1 - Does the science instruments of Voyager/Pioneer and other works with the "Outer Planets Mod" by CaptRobau?

2 - Where you get this beautifull clouds and atmospheres from Your 0.14 release imgur album?

I'm sorry for, but my english at very basically level, cuz i'm writing this from the "Mother KRussia" and didn't use the translator (google is too "machinery" and strongly incorrect therefore).

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

There is always some part of this forum software that doesn't work at least Vbulletin worked but I digress,  awesome job on the parts and those album pics are outstanding they look so real 

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, G_Force080491 said:

Hello Akron!

Just want to say, that You doing great job with it, and i'm wery happy to finally see the official update.

I have two questions about this:

1 - Does the science instruments of Voyager/Pioneer and other works with the "Outer Planets Mod" by CaptRobau?

2 - Where you get this beautifull clouds and atmospheres from Your 0.14 release imgur album?

I'm sorry for, but my english at very basically level, cuz i'm writing this from the "Mother KRussia" and didn't use the translator (google is too "machinery" and strongly incorrect therefore).

Many thanks!

Thank you very much. Here is a quick answer to your questions:

1 - The orbital experiments work with any planet mod because I wrote generic science results. However, I will be adding custom results for Outer Planets since I am in love with it and will start using it myself. I may also code them for Real Solar System, RSS/SSRSS

2 - This is the latest Stock Visual Enhancement! I use the Medium-Resolution. It bundles EVE, Scatterer, and Distant Object Enhancement

~Cheers!

Quick update. I will definitely be having a quick dev stream tonight starting around 730-8pm EST. I'll be looking at some of the feedback that got reported today at the KSP Reddit and beginning work on the next new thing.

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Congradulations Akron! 

Thanks! That was a cool shout out.

15 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait for it.... Wait for it....

For what? This?

f6so0S6.png

The beginnings of Surveyor. This one is turning out to be a very complex piece to model... 2500-ish polies already  ;.;

The sphere in the middle is the Solid Retro-motor block-in. I forgot to hide it.

In other news. This patch was well received! 6000+ downloads in Spacedock too. I'm thrilled! Again, I gotta keep working on making the rest and making things better. A lot of feedback came back from Reddit asking to re-balance the antenna weights and range in Remote Tech and stock. I will be working on that for a quick 0.14.1 patch. It looks like there was also demand for RSS/RO and Kerbalism configs. I know nothing of those mods so I welcome any suggestions on getting configs made. I'll learn those and try and release support for those mods as well. 

~Cheers

55 minutes ago, akron said:

Thanks! That was a cool shout out.

For what? This?

f6so0S6.png

The beginnings of Surveyor. This one is turning out to be a very complex piece to model... 2500-ish polies already  ;.;

The sphere in the middle is the Solid Retro-motor block-in. I forgot to hide it.

In other news. This patch was well received! 6000+ downloads in Spacedock too. I'm thrilled! Again, I gotta keep working on making the rest and making things better. A lot of feedback came back from Reddit asking to re-balance the antenna weights and range in Remote Tech and stock. I will be working on that for a quick 0.14.1 patch. It looks like there was also demand for RSS/RO and Kerbalism configs. I know nothing of those mods so I welcome any suggestions on getting configs made. I'll learn those and try and release support for those mods as well. 

~Cheers

Just a note from my insane brain: the RT antennas that are shipped with RT are a little nuts as far as balance goes. They are either really heavy or really light. I find it hard to judge "just right", especially in Kerbal proportions. Everything tends to be heavy as so much dv is available/low orbital speeds required. But it chafes still to mount a 1 ton dish on a probe. 

Or, this may be me being ignorant of dish masses; has anyone with more perspective looked at the RT antennas?

i will have to try to find the Reddit thread; irrationally I feel vaguely responsible for the RT antennas... ><

more importantly, that model looks pretty cool. The polys are ok; my body computer is ready. :D

Edited by komodo

Don't know how I missed this.  Love the look!  Haven't read all 32 pages; but does this mod break existing saves?  Meaning, if I download, are all my science probes in flight going to disappear?  Was neck deep in one save, downloaded some mod before and killed many of my ships and crews.