[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

4 hours ago, akron said:

Thank you. Yes, I am working on TST compatibility + orbital telescope (DMagic).

Which one is the irradiance scanner? Is that the soil moisture one? If so, yes. But it's not very high priority right now. I gotta get Viking done first!

Ah yes it is that one, the experiment it runs it Log Irradiance so I always think of it as that. Great to see the telescope will work with those mods. Look forward to seeing the next few releases.

Just wanted to show my appreciation for this pack- it's become a must-have for me. The selection of stock probe cores is very lacking, and it's great to have a lot more variety to work with- plus all the really well modeled science parts. Can't wait to see what comes next after IUE and Viking - maybe a probe core based on the deck of the Phoenix (and InSight) landers?

Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by HerrGeneral

31 minutes ago, HerrGeneral said:

Just wanted to show my appreciation for this pack- it's become a must-have for me. The selection of stock probe cores is very lacking, and it's great to have a lot more variety to work with- plus all the really well modeled science parts. Can't wait to see what comes next after IUE and Viking - maybe a probe core based on the deck of the Phoenix (and InSight) landers?

Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you very much! It means a lot to me that the mod is being used and liked :D

I really gotta get some rover and more propulsion parts done. That's the current plan post-Viking. However, InSight/MPL/Phoenix is in the to-do list at some point after that

19 hours ago, wallum61 said:

I don't suppose you have any partsto resemble TESS? Would be quite nice to play with it right now... :P

Sorry, I thought I had replied, no I do not at the moment

5 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

@akron Will you be adding a Parker Solar Probe?

I wanted to, but I honestly have way too much to do already. As always, maybe. It really depends on what you guys want. The overwhelming majority want Viking and rovers.

33 minutes ago, akron said:

I wanted to, but I honestly have way too much to do already. As always, maybe. It really depends on what you guys want. The overwhelming majority want Viking and rovers.

Yeah, I'll go with the rovers

out of curiosity, what sort of time line do you have for Mod Updates like new parts wise out of curiosity, i know Viking and Mariner are in the works right now but im curious to see what you hope to get accomplished this year ?

its cool if you dont have any sort of time frame, im just asking you know :) 

PS. my Lunar Relay system is working like a treat with the Folding Relay Antenna's

13 hours ago, RyboSenpai said:

out of curiosity, what sort of time line do you have for Mod Updates like new parts wise out of curiosity, i know Viking and Mariner are in the works right now but im curious to see what you hope to get accomplished this year ?

its cool if you dont have any sort of time frame, im just asking you know :) 

PS. my Lunar Relay system is working like a treat with the Folding Relay Antenna's

Nice. I still find it funny that you had the other antennas up for a while and didn't notice :D

I wanted to have a more structured release plan to keep me on task, and I'm mostly sticking to it. Having to move threw a wrench into things but I'll be done this week. This patch seems to be good to go, I should just put it out there. After this, the focus is Viking and its accompanying Mariner hardware (which means a little bit of overhaul of existing Mariner stuff).

Past that set of parts, I am going back to the last poll's results which had Soviet Luna hardware in second place. Depending on how far along I get will dictate whether that Luna pack will include the first planned rover, which is Lunokhod. Probably, but not certainly. I always end up with part creep, so there will likely be some stuff making it in which I did not mean to. If I play the game, I always end up wishing I had made a particular mission (That's how I ended up with IUE).

I feel this is a reasonable goal for the year given that I don't work on KSP full-time

- KSP update fixes (done)

- IUE (needs release)

- Viking Lander and Orbiter

- Mariners 4+ (To support Viking Orbiter parts)

- Luna sample return hardware (Luna 15+)

- Luna landing platform and Lunokhod

Other stuff is likely to also make it in like a Voyager science boom overhaul, some more DMagic parts, and whatever else. I'll try to do more whenever possible

EDIT: I almost forgot the propulsion overhaul. It will be included somewhere. It will be a Fregat resize to 1.875m-ish and a new 1.25m service module/tug

Edited by akron

56 minutes ago, akron said:

Nice. I still find it funny that you had the other antennas up for a while and didn't notice :D

I wanted to have a more structured release plan to keep me on task, and I'm mostly sticking to it. Having to move threw a wrench into things but I'll be done this week. This patch seems to be good to go, I should just put it out there. After this, the focus is Viking and its accompanying Mariner hardware (which means a little bit of overhaul of existing Mariner stuff).

Past that set of parts, I am going back to the last poll's results which had Soviet Luna hardware in second place. Depending on how far along I get will dictate whether that Luna pack will include the first planned rover, which is Lunokhod. Probably, but not certainly. I always end up with part creep, so there will likely be some stuff making it in which I did not mean to. If I play the game, I always end up wishing I had made a particular mission (That's how I ended up with IUE).

I feel this is a reasonable goal for the year given that I don't work on KSP full-time

- KSP update fixes (done)

- IUE (needs release)

- Viking Lander and Orbiter

- Mariners 4+ (To support Viking Orbiter parts)

- Luna sample return hardware (Luna 15+)

- Luna landing platform and Lunokhod

Other stuff is likely to also make it in like a Voyager science boom overhaul, some more DMagic parts, and whatever else. I'll try to do more whenever possible

EDIT: I almost forgot the propulsion overhaul. It will be included somewhere. It will be a Fregat resize to 1.875m-ish and a new 1.25m service module/tug

very good :) i look forward to the upcoming updates. i've done very few "russian style" missions so far in KSP, i think Vostok 1 is my only one using Vanilla KSP Parts and i look forward to sending Ivan to the Moon, with plenty of Vodka ofcourse haha

Insert witty and relevant meme

sYU2P8B.png

Initial pass out on Github. Still working on configs, balance, and some texture weirdness which I think is due to Unity. I finally had to upgrade and it's not been pretty.

1AcZnVf.png

Look at this, kids, you also get a Thiokol Star 24C

F275h27.png

ZZZzzzzzzz

I did another push to Git several hours ago with some tweaks, as well as Textures Unlimited support, along with configs for Research Bodies and Tarsier Space Tech. I was unable to test either TST or ResearchBodies because they are not working for me in 1.4.3. If you guys use these mods and can test, let me know how it goes. I will try again but it's probably just that those mods need to be updated.

1 hour ago, dxeh said:

Love the parts, but somehow i cannot select the different textures on them...
It comes with a **Not Found** error in the Texture Set selection
Image below

Hmmm... Can you post your KSP log? It looks like some issue with Textures Unlimited. Not sure if my config or TU.

Also, you can try the latest repository from Github

30 minutes ago, akron said:

Hmmm... Can you post your KSP log? It looks like some issue with Textures Unlimited. Not sure if my config or TU.

Also, you can try the latest repository from Github

Will post .log tomorrow, as my current log is way to big due to gametime. tomorrow i'll boot up the game, and head straight into VAB and try to change them textures, than upload the .log ;) 

Currently using the latest repository btw.

Somehow the submit reply doesn't work while full log is in  here, so take a look at it Here!

This is a small part of the .log what i might suspect...

Spoiler

[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Silver
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Silver_NA
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Gold
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/CF
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/GoldFoil
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Coatl
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Thermal
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/GoldFoil2
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Silver_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Gold_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/CF_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/GoldFoil_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Coatl_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/Thermal_MM
[LOG 18:20:36.969] Config(KSP_TEXTURE_SET) Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Compatibility/TexturesUnlimited/GoldFoil2_MM

As it refers to that TexturesUnlimited folder inside the mod folder, while this folder does not exist in there and therefor does not have any textures to load?!

Running on 1.4.3 btw. and parts seem to work as they are supposed to be.

Edited by dxeh
link

1 hour ago, dxeh said:

As it refers to that TexturesUnlimited folder inside the mod folder, while this folder does not exist in there and therefor does not have any textures to load?!

It is not referring to textures themselves, it is referring to texture sets. It's a TU thing. Definitely remove and re-install the latest TU. There's some strange stuff going on there as it does not even populate a version:

TexturesUnlimited v0.0.0.0

Also, TU is throwing this error:

[LOG 18:21:30.050] Did not find any MATERIAL nodes in texture set:Silver, searching for legacy styled TEXTURE nodes.
[LOG 18:21:30.050] Please update the config for the texture-set to fix this error.

Which is strange because I updated all my configs to use the new material nodes as you can see here:

KSP_TEXTURE_SET
{
	name = Silver
	title = Silver
	recolorable = false
	MATERIAL
	{
	shader = SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped
	texture = _MainTex, Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/mat_fsilver
	texture = _MetallicGlossMap, Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/mat_fsilver
	texture = _BumpMap, Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/mat_foil_N
	PROPERTY
	{
		name = _Metal
		float = 1
	}
	PROPERTY
	{
		name = _Smoothness
		float = 0.9
	}
	}
}

So just in case, make sure you fully delete the Coatl Aerospace folder before upgrading and please make sure you have this new version of the TU configs. This is very strange indeed

Edited by akron

I still have not been able to get ResearchBodies and Tarsier working in 1.4.3, but I was able to retrofit IUE with my 1.3.1 Career save and it works fine. It did need a boost for OPM zoom levels, but that's an easy MM config. I'm probably just gonna put the patch out there and wait for the fallout, if any. I did get some playtime in that career save and got some incredible pics of IUE in orbit

pgkrox7.png

FCVjYdD.png

I think that's got a nice documentary feel to it. Hurray for post-processing effects! Other pictures here

54 minutes ago, MinimumSky5 said:

The Barquetta core had it's RCS visual issues solved in the latest patch, didn't it?

As far as I can tell. Yes. Let me know if you spot any issues

1 minute ago, MinimumSky5 said:

The issue was me, getting confused! I downloaded the lastest patch, but i must have not installed it, as all of the Coatl RCS is having issues, and there is no IUE in sight!

Oh. Don't download the latest version, download the github repository. It's got all the latest fixes