[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

24 minutes ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

All of the magnetometers, the top soil scoop, and probably a few others I cant think of at the moment.

Update Dmagic Science Animate to the latest version for your KSP install. If that doesn't work, we're going to need your KSP version and logs. Click the faq on my signature for more info

Would you look at that! Happy Birthday, ProbesPlus!

Hard to believe FOUR YEARS have passed since the initial release of this mod. I greatly appreciate all who have contributed and supported the mod throughout this time, specially lately that I have not cranked out any real progress. 

I have pushed everything I have to Github, which should now have updated dependencies, PlumeParty particle FX for all RCS, as well as the latest Barça probe bus. Initial testing in KSP 1.9.1 is good, so long as you have the latest version of all mods.

12 hours ago, akron said:

Would you look at that! Happy Birthday, ProbesPlus!

Hard to believe FOUR YEARS have passed since the initial release of this mod. I greatly appreciate all who have contributed and supported the mod throughout this time, specially lately that I have not cranked out any real progress. 

I have pushed everything I have to Github, which should now have updated dependencies, PlumeParty particle FX for all RCS, as well as the latest Barça probe bus. Initial testing in KSP 1.9.1 is good, so long as you have the latest version of all mods.

Happy 4 year anniversary, Akron!

Also, was the Barca probe bus already released? I installed the latest release on GitHub, but it doesn't show up.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Happy 4 year anniversary, Akron!

Also, was the Barca probe bus already released? I installed the latest release on GitHub, but it doesn't show up.

Thank you.

Yes, it was! Make sure you install the repository, and not the Download. The release download is very very old

Here is a Kerbalism CFG. Should work as long as you have DMagicOrbitalScience AND DMagicScienceAnimate. I have also not bothered to balance transfer rates or data sizes so atm they are all 150 hours. The landing scoop is not patched and I might do it at a later point but since I am new to the kerbalism mod in general I have to look into how samples work a bit better. This is not intended to be added to probesplus but more for people that come here looking for a patch. I do not have the skills to release and maintain it since I basically only copied and pasted Kerbalisms cfgs. 

If you want to change any data rates go into the cfg and just change these numbers. That being said about half the parts are patched by Kerbalism in the Dmagicorbialscience cfgs so they are properly balanced anyway. 

ca_kdex
        {
            ECCost = 0.02
            size = 1100  /Size in MB
            value = 8
            duration = 540000    //Time in Seconds
            requirements =
            ResourceRates =
        }

Download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-IQD899nTdGO13uksHmcL70l8MLfyRB5 and drop into E:\Ksp 1.8.1 Tester\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Compatibility

• 2 weeks later...

Kerbalism is going to be more patch friendly with next update so I wont bother finishing the science patch now. Would be a waste of time. That being said right now it is a disaster patching all the science taking Dmagic and BDB into account. A common science def folder across all mods would make it far easier. 

@akron The solid motors (Stella, Torekka, Landvermesser) have some interface glitches in VAB and in flight. I can replicate the problem by assembling any command module (stock or one of yours; HECS2 is the one I tested with the most) plus 1 of your solid motors (Stella is the one I tested the most).

1. In VAB and on the launch pad, the DV calculation shows zero when the probe is root. The motor has to be a root to get a DV display.
  2. When the motor is root, as I add other parts the vehicle mass increases but DV does not change.
  3. The SRM Jettison Staged/Not Staged toggle changes text when clicked but doesn't seem to have any impact on the VAB staging display nor during flight. Stock VAB always shows a single stage for the solid motors regardless of the toggle while KER always shows 2 stages. As a further test, if I put 2 of the same solid motor on a craft, one motor set to Staged and the other Not Staged, neither jettison is staged.
  4. Note that the part window buttons correctly work to manually jettison the solid motor.

If you and others don't have similar problems I'll try a reinstall.

(Thanks for the mod.)

22 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

@akron The solid motors (Stella, Torekka, Landvermesser) have some interface glitches in VAB and in flight. I can replicate the problem by assembling any command module (stock or one of yours; HECS2 is the one I tested with the most) plus 1 of your solid motors (Stella is the one I tested the most).

** snip **

This happens because the solid rocket motors (SRMs) have both a ModuleDecouple and a ModuleEngines. This kinda messes up with KSP's staging delta-v calculation, it assumes that both modules are activated on staging so the SRM would be jettisoned and not accelerate the spacecraft. 

On 4/6/2020 at 3:19 AM, DeadJohn said:

What satellite is the Barquetta based on? It's a versatile core for tiny relays, but the more I look at it the more I think @akron stuck a joke into the mod. Is it supposed to be a guitar amplifier? I couldn't find any discussion of that in the thread.

If you look in the craft files, it's used for the Mars Odyssey inspired satellite.  See also:  https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Satellites

On 4/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, Friznit said:

If you look in the craft files, it's used for the Mars Odyssey inspired satellite.  See also:  https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Satellites

@DeadJohn I use it for Mars Odyssey, but Barquetta is really a very generic and rather overpowered -though not for long- probe bus.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:22 PM, Marcelo Silveira said:

This happens because the solid rocket motors (SRMs) have both a ModuleDecouple and a ModuleEngines. This kinda messes up with KSP's staging delta-v calculation, it assumes that both modules are activated on staging so the SRM would be jettisoned and not accelerate the spacecraft. 

Indeed. It may be worth removing the jettison module and just create decouplers whenever I get around re-doing those engines.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

por favor ayuda, sucedió algo que no puedo cambiar las texturas, cuando trato de cambiar la textura dice: ** no encontrado ** ¿por qué sucede esto?

Translation:

Please help, I can't change any textures. When I try to change them, it says "Not Found". Why does this happen?

Para ayudarte, deberías instalar B9PartSwitch. Eso te permite cambiar el color y textura de una parte.

Edited by alberro+

19 hours ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

dont work :( **not found again** y reinstalled probes plus but its the same

Hola! Necesitas instalar dos Mods adicionales: Firespitter, y DMagic Science Animate. Esos dos vínculos te deberían llevar a una pagina con la versión mas actual de cada uno. También asegúrate que tienes la versión mas actual de ProbesPlus, que es el archivo de Github. 

Si  instalando esos no resuelve tu problema, voy a necesitar tu archivo de registro. Hay un vinculo para las instrucciones en mi firma (En ingles).

Suerte, y gracias por descargar mi Mod.

Update

First pass of the Odyssey solar panel A remake has been pushed to Github. This new panel has a new design for the offset pivot point which will make any active crafts with that panel installed immediately look janky. Retrieve flights before updating! Just in case I put the old cfg file in the "Optional" folder on Github so you can overwrite it and revert to the old one.

5oSjmfv.png

ocuXsEC.png

Oh, and enjoy that OP Barquetta bus while you can. *cue evil laugh*

~cheers

7 hours ago, akron said:

Update

Oh, and enjoy that OP Barquetta bus while you can. *cue evil laugh*

~cheers

How can one man be so evil?! :0.0:

All jokes aside, Barquetta is really OP, even for KSP standards. Thanks!