[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

oh,I solved the problem of the textures,i just uninstalled TU :D

On 21/4/2020 at 0:33, akron said:

Actualizar

Primer paso del panel solar Odyssey Se ha enviado una nueva versión a Github. Este nuevo panel tiene un nuevo diseño para el punto de pivote compensado que hará que cualquier artesanía activa con ese panel instalado se vea inmediatamente irregular. ¡Recupere vuelos antes de actualizar! En caso de que coloque el viejo archivo cfg en la carpeta "Opcional" en Github para que pueda sobrescribirlo y volver al anterior.

5oSjmfv.png

ocuXsEC.png

Ah, y disfruta de ese autobús OP Barquetta mientras puedas. * señal de risa malvada *

~ vítores

THANKS FOR UPDATE :D :) <3 

and i hope that you fix the problem of textures unlimited

16 hours ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

oh,I solved the problem of the textures,i just uninstalled TU :D

THANKS FOR UPDATE :D :) <3 

and i hope that you fix the problem of textures unlimited

I am actually considering removing so much texture switching and reliance on TU configs. This is why Barça does not have alternate textures (Though I set it up for them just in case. Look at me, thinking forward) and not special TU config

Edited by akron

On 23/4/2020 at 8:59, akron said:

De hecho, estoy considerando eliminar tanto el cambio de textura y la dependencia de las configuraciones de TU. Es por eso que el Barça no tiene texturas alternativas (aunque lo configuré para ellos por si acaso. Mírame, pensando en el futuro) y no configuración especial de TU

ummm,ok :p add more shielded antennas i love them plz

12 hours ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

ummm,ok :p add more shielded antennas i love them plz

There's some more in Restock and I think NFT, if you need more.

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hey just curious about Firespitter ... if I delete its Parts folder but leave everything else, would that mess up Probes Plus at all?

No it will not mess it up. You can safely delete Firespitter parts. Keep the Firespitter database, and the plugin, of course.

Edited by akron

On 4/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, Xander el interplanetario said:

uh, remember the solar panels of the hera probe, when I put two with the symmetry control in two or in a mirror, the panel folded on one side rotates 90 degrees, I don't know why it happens

Couldn't you remove one panel from symmetry and rotate it to fit?

On 4/23/2020 at 8:59 AM, akron said:

I am actually considering removing so much texture switching and reliance on TU configs. This is why Barça does not have alternate textures (Though I set it up for them just in case. Look at me, thinking forward) and not special TU config

So Barça has alternate textures? I was actually wondering if it did or not, but the black color really fits.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:10 PM, alberro+ said:

So Barça has alternate textures? I was actually wondering if it did or not, but the black color really fits.

It does not. But it was created with the possibility of relatively easily adding them in the future, even though there is no current plan to do so.

18 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

That's what I mean, do 3x symmetry and remove one panel from symmetry.

I believe I create it with 2x Mirror symmetry and then add the 3rd panel (With the Magnetometer) by hand. He could have something else weirdly going on. I do not recall having that issue, but I'll need to test it. Can anyone else can test it and report back?

43 minutes ago, akron said:

It does not. But it was created with the possibility of relatively easily adding them in the future, even though there is no current plan to do so.

Just a suggestion, maybe there could be a variant switch that removes the large grey side panels. I find them kinda odd to look at.

10 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Just a suggestion, maybe there could be a variant switch that removes the large grey side panels. I find them kinda odd to look at.

It's not currently planned. That's just how the SSL-1300 bus looks

http://sslmda.com/html/1300_series_platform.php

intelsat-20-press.jpg

There's other probe buses that will have a clean look, without panels. 

Edited by akron

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Will there be more large probe buses? Barca goes great with Tundra's Falcon 9

I'd like to but bigger probe cores also means parts to go along with them and I am just not fast enough to get parts finished. Between the revamp of parts to bring them up to new (re)stock standard and finishing Viking I have plenty to do.

Barça was a special project for me to try out new texture and modeling techniques. I guess you guys like it? and it fits well with new parts? If so I have to slowly move all parts to look like it. The Barca/Barquetta line is what I currently want to finish along with Viking.

43 minutes ago, akron said:

I'd like to but bigger probe cores also means parts to go along with them and I am just not fast enough to get parts finished. Between the revamp of parts to bring them up to new (re)stock standard and finishing Viking I have plenty to do.

Barça was a special project for me to try out new texture and modeling techniques. I guess you guys like it? and it fits well with new parts? If so I have to slowly move all parts to look like it. The Barca/Barquetta line is what I currently want to finish along with Viking.

Barca, at least to me, is by far one of the best things in the mod. It's like the perfect size for a decent, modern satellite.

2 hours ago, alberro+ said:

by far one of the best things in the mod

*cries in Mariner and Cassini*

JK, glad you like it. It's the new hotness after all, with way higher detail than anything before it.

35 minutes ago, akron said:

*cries in Mariner and Cassini*

JK, glad you like it. It's the new hotness after all, with way higher detail than anything before it.

I can safely say that Cassini is one of my favorites! :D

Hi!

I'm having a problem and I think it's caused by this mod (because I installed the others and it worked fine and then added this one and the issue began). Now I have no idea why and maybe I'm totally off my rocker here but it seems slightly plausible to me (someone who knows nothing virtually nothing about computers) so here goes.

Basic rundown of the problem: I load the game (in version 1.8.1) in 64 bit mode (as usual). It takes me to the main menu at which point nothing appears to happen. The main menu loads, the music plays and everything but none of the menu buttons work. As I said before, the issue was not there without this mod in particular but appears with it. I know this because after running into this issue multiple times over the last 36 hours, I re-installed the game and began adding mods one at a time. The issue did not appear until I added the Firespitter, DMagic Science Animate and Coatl Aerospace folders to GameData

Current version: KSP 1.8.1

Other Mods installed:

Dmagic Orbital Science v1.4.3

Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.12.0.0

Kopernicus 1.8.1-1 (which comes with a version of ModularFlightIntegrator)

Outer Planets Mod v2.2.6

Module Manager 4.1.3

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6gvp066w6agq52/Log.zip?dl=0

Thanks, and please tell me if there is any other information you need!

45 minutes ago, Marsboo said:

Hi!

I'm having a problem and I think it's caused by this mod

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for downloading ProbesPlus!

It looks like you are running an outdated version of the mod and its dependencies. I can't guarantee that's the cause, but I would start there. 

Download the latest repository of the mod here: https://github.com/raveloda/Coatl-Aerospace. Instructions are at the bottom of that page. Also, double-check that you have the latest versions of Firespitter and DMagic. Links to those are on the FAQ page on my signature below. I am running the following versions in KSP 1.9 but I think they also work for 1.8.1:

DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.22.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.7287.12431

Just in case, double check you have appropriate latest versions of all your mods as well. ProbesPlus! has no code, so it should not be crashing your game like that.

32 minutes ago, akron said:

It looks like you are running an outdated version of the mod and its dependencies. I can't guarantee that's the cause, but I would start there.

Updating the mod seems to have worked. Thank you very much!

8 hours ago, Marsboo said:

Updating the mod seems to have worked. Thank you very much!

Good to hear! Thanks

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Yep, everything works great on 1.8.1. 

I appreciate you checking and reporting back

UPDATE

First pass on the new Barquetta bus. You're losing the 6-axis RCS control in favor of new MR-103D styled clusters and as you can see, it is slightly larger and heavier. About 25% or so for balancing reasons. I'll also look into a "light" version of it that isn't so tall. 

kbpUw43.png

JQp6DLy.png

4 hours ago, akron said:

Good to hear! Thanks

I appreciate you checking and reporting back

UPDATE

First pass on the new Barquetta bus. You're losing the 6-axis RCS control in favor of new MR-103D styled clusters and as you can see, it is slightly larger and heavier. About 25% or so for balancing reasons. I'll also look into a "light" version of it that isn't so tall. 

kbpUw43.png

JQp6DLy.png

Seems like Barquetta finally had its growth spurt. :D