[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

UZe7v6b.png

I believe I've found the problem. After multiple tests it seemed like one of the mods in this list is causing the problem. Will update this post if I find the mod causing the issue.

(sorry if theres a double posting rule on the forums, can't edit my post for some reason)

EDIT:

fHWtg8s.png

So I've found out the mod I believe. Contract configurator worked it appeared, but the two causing the problem was Research Bodies and its dependency REPOSoftTech.

Will do some extensive testing later but they seem like the culprits.

Edited by NateDaBeast

Greetings,

I believe that these discrepancies are related to your mod and some missing mods but I am not sure which I should be getting (Google is not cooperating).  Can you please point me in the right direction to the proper mods?

... missing part module TrajectoriesVesselSettings

... missing part module KSPTextureSwitch

The missing mods dont seem to cause any issue other than the popup warning.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

19 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Greetings,

I believe that these discrepancies are related to your mod and some missing mods but I am not sure which I should be getting (Google is not cooperating).  Can you please point me in the right direction to the proper mods?

... missing part module TrajectoriesVesselSettings

... missing part module KSPTextureSwitch

The missing mods dont seem to cause any issue other than the popup warning.

Not sure, I don't use explicit Trajectories config and the texture switch errors I think can be ignored. They should not trigger the configs anyway because those are using a ModuleManager patch. 

Seems to be having an issue with 1.10, I checked the dependencies but they both worked fine. When loading the game it gets stuck at "...Parts/Telescopes/explorer_solar/ca_explorer_solar" just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the awesome mod!

21 hours ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

Seems to be having an issue with 1.10, I checked the dependencies but they both worked fine. When loading the game it gets stuck at "...Parts/Telescopes/explorer_solar/ca_explorer_solar" just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the awesome mod!

What other mods do you have? It could very well be an issue with a script mod since KSP v1.10 just released a couple of days ago. I've done zero testing using the new patch

Edited by akron

I tried it with just ProbesPlus! and it's dependencies just to be sure and had the same issue. I checked each of the dependencies alone and had no issues on boot up. I just wanted to let you know, I know it'll take some time before a 1.10 version comes out.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jesse-Lacey said:

Having the same issue.

Last log entry is:

[LOG 21:25:19.980] PartLoader: Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Telescopes/explorer/ca_explorer' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 21:25:19.980] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 21:25:19.985] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ca.explorer'

On 7/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, akron said:

What other mods do you have? It could very well be an issue with a script mod since KSP v1.10 just released a couple of days ago. I've done zero testing using the new patch

I think it's specifically the solar part.  I've noticed similar problems with this and also Bluedog, and the common factor has been parts with integrated solar panels

21 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Having the same issue.

Last log entry is:

[LOG 21:25:19.980] PartLoader: Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Telescopes/explorer/ca_explorer' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 21:25:19.980] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.

This is much more useful than what I posted, thanks, I don't really know how to get the log entries like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I am still trying to make time to do more throughout testing of the Mod in KSP 1.10, but please continue to report any issues.

UPDATE

Began UV and texture work on the Spartan lander (Viking). Before getting so far as to do AO bakes, I started laying out the wiring for it. It's been challenging but fun. I decided to do two versions of the bus. First will be the default Viking skin with all the appropriate bits and wiring. This will be less flexible but there is just no way to do justice to this unique spacecraft without using less generic parts, similar to how I had to do with Cassini. I will also make a stripped-down version of the bus in stock grey that you guys can build more custom landers with.

I still need to do more work on the propellant lines and all the engine wiring harness. I probably will not do the detailed propellant lines and valve wiring because it's just too damn complex. The current harness is abstracted enough as it is.

~cheers

pkBAfoc.png

H1T3vN8.png

ie9jQp3.png

3 hours ago, akron said:

Hey all, I am still trying to make time to do more throughout testing of the Mod in KSP 1.10, but please continue to report any issues.

UPDATE

Began UV and texture work on the Spartan lander (Viking). Before getting so far as to do AO bakes, I started laying out the wiring for it. It's been challenging but fun. I decided to do two versions of the bus. First will be the default Viking skin with all the appropriate bits and wiring. This will be less flexible but there is just no way to do justice to this unique spacecraft without using less generic parts, similar to how I had to do with Cassini. I will also make a stripped-down version of the bus in stock grey that you guys can build more custom landers with.

I still need to do more work on the propellant lines and all the engine wiring harness. I probably will not do the detailed propellant lines and valve wiring because it's just too damn complex. The current harness is abstracted enough as it is.

~cheers

pkBAfoc.png

H1T3vN8.png

ie9jQp3.png

Looks sick! Can't wait to use this.

Here's a realfuels patch for the torekkaPM engine to make both RCS modules use hydrazine:

@PART[ca_torekkaPM]:NEEDS[RealFuels]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX],*
	{
		@resourceName = Hydrazine
	}
}

that is for within Coatl's folder

here's for within Realfuels-stock folder:

@PART[ca_torekkaPM]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX],*
	{
		@resourceName = Hydrazine
	}
}

Pick one or the other. Will likely be included/fixed in RealFuels-Stock by default in next version (current version = 5.0.1)

Edited by Iodyne

On my quest for a few historic re-creations, here's Surveyor's final approach to the moon. I love having these parts! I use them in every save.

Side note ... I did have to add a bunch more solid fuel to the SRM to pull this off. In JNSQ, my pre-braking velocity was 1100m/s and increasing. Cancelling all of that plus gravity wasn't gonna happen on 17 solid fuel. The video shows it set to 50, and I have 129m/s remaining after touchdown, so I may try something closer to 42ish next time. 

Spoiler

Everything seems to load in 1.10, I'll report back if I find anything that's actually broken.

Disregard that, I'm loading the wrong instance again... OK, so the only part causing a loading issue is ca.explorer_solar. The drag cube is messed up according to the log, which seems to be a consistent thing with mods in 1.10.

The only other issue I can see is the textures unlimited fancy shaders aren't there. I also don't play with all the possible compatible mods so ymmv

The engines that I put on the surveyor lander body attach nodes also seem to be changing orientation when the craft is loaded for some reason

Edited by oniontrain

On 6/30/2020 at 3:59 AM, NateDaBeast said:

UZe7v6b.png

I believe I've found the problem. After multiple tests it seemed like one of the mods in this list is causing the problem. Will update this post if I find the mod causing the issue.

(sorry if theres a double posting rule on the forums, can't edit my post for some reason)

EDIT:

fHWtg8s.png

So I've found out the mod I believe. Contract configurator worked it appeared, but the two causing the problem was Research Bodies and its dependency REPOSoftTech.

Will do some extensive testing later but they seem like the culprits.

See this, bad MM patching.

Edited by hendrack

if you allow, I will be happy to localize this mod! I love it very much and am looking forward to the update! I have made localizations for some plentpacks, for example BH, corelian and others .... and I think it will be easy to do this for your mod too! :D

On 8/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, Kunosheru said:

if you allow, I will be happy to localize this mod! I love it very much and am looking forward to the update! I have made localizations for some plentpacks, for example BH, corelian and others .... and I think it will be easy to do this for your mod too! :D

I would absolutely love it if you took a crack at setting up localization files. Be my guest, and thank you!

On 8/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, Alex33212 said:

The bundled Firespitter version appears to be the one for 1.4.5, looking at the .version file.

Where are you downloading the mod from? The latest version is the one on the Github Repo (Not the Github DL page)

2 hours ago, akron said:

I would absolutely love it if you took a crack at setting up localization files. Be my guest, and thank you!

as I understood, there will be a new version soon. It makes no sense for me to localize the old one, because maybe everything can change a lot + new details, so I will translate the new version as soon as it goes into "release" or something like that

On 7/5/2020 at 9:56 PM, baldamundo said:

Having the same issue.

Last log entry is:

Can confirm that deleting the ca_explorer part, the rest of the mod seems to work fine