[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

5 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

I'm having issues where the surveyor engines don't stay attached to their hard points when I load the craft.  They end up reconnecting to the center of the probe pointing outwards, and stay like that when I load back into the VAB

Strange!

What version of KSP and mods are you running? Maybe post your log.

Remember, the latest version of the mod is the Github repository.

1 hour ago, hikerchick29 said:

I'm having issues where the surveyor engines don't stay attached to their hard points when I load the craft.  They end up reconnecting to the center of the probe pointing outwards, and stay like that when I load back into the VAB

Yep, I've had this issue as well. My working assumption is always that the author's work is correct and I have something I need to fix on my end. In this case, the only solution I was able to find was a change to one of the part cfg's. This isn't something I would usually do or even try, but I was desperate, and knew that akron was busy. So, with all the above disclaimers I am happy to share what worked for me, and you're welcome to try it if you'd like.

Spoiler

You'll need to edit this file: Coatl Aerospace\GroundOps\Parts\Landvermesser\landv_core.cfg

Around line 40 there is a NODE {} definition with the name "mast". Comment out or delete that entire node definition. Here's a snippet of the surrounding section from my file:

NODE
    {
        name = engine1
        transform = engine3
        size = 0
        method = FIXED_JOINT
    }
//    NODE
//    {
//        name = mast
//        transform = mast
//        size = 0
//        method = FIXED_JOINT
//    }

stackSymmetry = 2

On my system, this change fixes the issue you described, though I don't really know why. I just noticed that the version without legs works fine, and it does not have this extra node definition, so I basically just said "let's make the non-working one like the working one and see what happens" and bingo.

edit: btw, you didn't mention any issues with the antenna/solar panel, but I had issues with both the engine nodes and the antenna node, and this change fixed both.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added info

• 2 weeks later...

Redesigned Barquetta Bus pushed to Github repo. 

WARNING: Bus dimensions have changed (it is slightly larger) and the RCS module has been removed. 

OAxuPdW.png

~cheers

BTW: I started doing some basic testing in 1.12.x, please help me by reporting issues as always. 

Edited by akron

Callout to anyone who maybe tries this new Github branch on 1.12.x. I recommend you use B9 instead of Firespitter to test the new configs by StoneBlue which seem to work a little better with the newer version of KSP.

If you do, let me know if you're having issues with textures loading incorrectly for the Argo Mk2 parts, I am experiencing a strange quirk and need to see if others are as well.

~cheers

2 hours ago, akron said:

I recommend you use B9 instead of Firespitter

Just wanna make sure I'm doing this right. By "instead" you mean literally do not install Firespitter, and install B9PartSwitch instead? This gives me mucho errors with your github downloaded just now, and B9's latest release download just now.

Spoiler

OJVS521.png

edit: ignoring the errors, the parts seem fine so far. The Meridiani buss can switch textures via the PAW no problems so far. Mk2 seems norminal to me?

Spoiler

4Zp4Ck1.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
updated info

2 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Just wanna make sure I'm doing this right. By "instead" you mean literally do not install Firespitter, and install B9PartSwitch instead? This gives me mucho errors with your github downloaded just now, and B9's latest release download just now.

Hide contents

OJVS521.png

Yes, that's what I mean. Lol.

Ignore those errors for now. That's because I updated Barquetta but forgot to remove deprecated configs that target the "old" Barquetta bus. I will upload a fixed config tonight

It's because the new Barquetta has no foil configs, so the texture switching settings are irrelevant now

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

OK just didn't want to assume! ;p  I'm not using 1.12 full time yet, but I have a nice stable visual-mods-only 1.12 install that I dropped your build into for testing. Will be watching your github closer...

Haha, no worries.

Tweaked configs pushed to Github

On 6/28/2021 at 11:27 AM, akron said:

Strange!

What version of KSP and mods are you running? Maybe post your log.

Remember, the latest version of the mod is the Github repository.

Current version of KSP, and the current dev version.  I make sure to delete the old version when I update.  When I load the probe with the three engines, one stays attached properly, but the other two glitch to the center.  I could post the log, but I'm not getting any game crashes

On 7/7/2021 at 10:15 PM, akron said:

Redesigned Barquetta Bus pushed to Github repo. 

WARNING: Bus dimensions have changed (it is slightly larger) and the RCS module has been removed. 

OAxuPdW.png

~cheers

BTW: I started doing some basic testing in 1.12.x, please help me by reporting issues as always. 

Love the new Solar panels. They have a lot more of a (re)stockalike vibe to them.

11 hours ago, hikerchick29 said:

Current version of KSP, and the current dev version.  I make sure to delete the old version when I update.  When I load the probe with the three engines, one stays attached properly, but the other two glitch to the center.  I could post the log, but I'm not getting any game crashes

Surveyor? Yeah, this has been seen by a few people. I am going to try and look further using @OrbitalManeuvers findings about the mast node. I may have to use mesh switching for the mast supports instead and let it be a surface attach part.

5 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Love the new Solar panels. They have a lot more of a (re)stockalike vibe to them.

Thanks! This is the new art direction for part remakes

• 1 month later...

Tested this with KSP 1.12.2,  besides the firesplitter is too stale for 1.12, I am also seeing an issue that prevented me from loading the game (stuck at the loading screen), anybody else is running into this too?

Relevant log from KSP log:

[WRN 21:43:29.433] DragCubeSystem: Part 'ca.explorer.solar' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 21:43:29.433] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ca.explorer.solar'
[EXC 21:43:29.497] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Relevant log from player log:

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ca.explorer.solar' 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00088] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () [0x001de] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035> Line: 0)

KSP logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HVVA1ugCIlOdrKlu_vpwCm2IrhRvfWYf?usp=sharing

Edited by Dodge

On 8/19/2021 at 5:50 AM, Dodge said:

Tested this with KSP 1.12.2,  besides the firesplitter is too stale for 1.12, I am also seeing an issue that prevented me from loading the game (stuck at the loading screen), anybody else is running into this too?

[WRN 21:43:29.433] DragCubeSystem: Part 'ca.explorer.solar' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 21:43:29.433] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ca.explorer.solar'
[EXC 21:43:29.497] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
  at ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00088] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () [0x001de] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 

KSP logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HVVA1ugCIlOdrKlu_vpwCm2IrhRvfWYf?usp=sharing

Yeah, I'm trying to run it in 1.10 and get stuck on the loading screen as well.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:50 AM, Dodge said:

Uploading Crash Report

I'm not surprised this doesn't work, given how long ago it was updated I think it's long dead. Tantares and BDB have remade a lot of the probes from this mod.

4 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

I'm not surprised this doesn't work, given how long ago it was updated I think it's long dead. Tantares and BDB have remade a lot of the probes from this mod.

So, this is incorrect. Most parts are still not replicated across other mods. Also, I've updated the mod for newer KSP versions.

For all that are having issues, please make sure that you have the latest version, which is the latest Github repository, link in OP. If you get the mod anywhere else, it will be out of date.

The latest version does not require Firespitter, you can use a B9.

17 hours ago, akron said:

So, this is incorrect. Most parts are still not replicated across other mods. Also, I've updated the mod for newer KSP versions.

For all that are having issues, please make sure that you have the latest version, which is the latest Github repository, link in OP. If you get the mod anywhere else, it will be out of date.

The latest version does not require Firespitter, you can use a B9.

Did just that, directly downloaded the Github repo and used B9PartSwitch instead, everything is working, thank you!

2 hours ago, Dodge said:

Did just that, directly downloaded the Github repo and used B9PartSwitch instead, everything is working, thank you!

Fantastic! Thank you for patiently trying again. 

Surveyor still has engine part issues, but everything else should be working fine.