[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

Hi! I used to play your mod and was impressed by the fantasy name of solar satellite xihe. I thought that was inspired by 羲和, the goddess of sun in ancient Chinese mythology. Today I noticed that China has successfully launched her first solar probe CHASE(Chinese Hα Solar Explorer), and its mandarin name was given by voting, which is xihe coincidentally! Your mod does a well prediction haha! And thank you for this fantastic satellite mod!

Reference:

1911ms4416_2019-0186.dvi (iop.org)

75838213j00r0yv8m002fd200u000ijg00u000ij

Edited by AkatsukiMana

On 10/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The zip file you get from Github isn't a regular release zip file, so you'll need to locate the GameData folder within the zip file. Once there, you want the contents of that zip folder (which should be just more folders) to go into your GameData folder. In this case there will be 3, and one of them will be GameData\Coatl Aerospace. The other two are dependencies. You'll also probably need modulemanger if this is your first mod.

I already did all of that several times just the way you described it, and it hasn't worked.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:51 AM, AkatsukiMana said:

Hi! I used to play your mod and was impressed by the fantasy name of solar satellite xihe. I thought that was inspired by 羲和, the goddess of sun in ancient Chinese mythology. Today I noticed that China has successfully launched her first solar probe CHASE(Chinese Hα Solar Explorer), and its mandarin name was given by voting, which is xihe coincidentally! Your mod does a well prediction haha! And thank you for this fantastic satellite mod!

Reference:

1911ms4416_2019-0186.dvi (iop.org)

75838213j00r0yv8m002fd200u000ijg00u000ij

Nice! Thanks. I gotta do a Xihe2 now. Haha

Eu tenho uma pergunta, este mod adicionará Rover soujorner e Mars Pathfinder? And ExoMars? 

I have a question, will this mod add Rover soujorner and Mars Pathfinder? And ExoMars?

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, Mr.dobsonian said:

I hope this doesn't come off as nagging, but how's the viking lander coming along?

No problem, because it has been a while since an update.

I actually are having a computer failure with my modding PC. Now I'm blessed to have a new computer to move to. Unfortunately, my license for Maya is on the old, failing rig. I'm working on either a new license or trying to salvage the old PC.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:40 PM, Daff said:

Eu tenho uma pergunta, este mod adicionará Rover soujorner e Mars Pathfinder? And ExoMars? 

I can respond in english and let Google translate help you out. Yes, I would love to do Rovers, but I have a feeling there's another mod that will probably get to them first. If so, I will try to partner up so our mods work well together

• 2 weeks later...

So, there is Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Parts\Electrical\sp_odyssey_a.cfg and Optional\sp_odyssey_a.cfg - which have only one difference:

The normal one points to

model = Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Electrical/sp_odyssey_a

which is 58.8 KB.

The optional one points to

model = Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/Electrical/sp_odyssey_a

which is 37.9 KB.

The difference is the folder in which the sp_odyssey_a.mu resists.

So, what is the real difference now?

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

So, there is Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Parts\Electrical\sp_odyssey_a.cfg and Optional\sp_odyssey_a.cfg - which have only one difference:

The normal one points to

model = Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Electrical/sp_odyssey_a

which is 58.8 KB.

The optional one points to

model = Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/Electrical/sp_odyssey_a

which is 37.9 KB.

The difference is the folder in which the sp_odyssey_a.mu resists.

So, what is the real difference now?

One is a remake. I preserved the orig for old craft compatibility while I transition to the new one. If I understand the question correctly

19 hours ago, Daff said:

you would have a forecast for the release of another version of the mod

Soon™.... ?? :P

The ™ is sarcasm... Could be tomorrow... Could be next year... Could be never...
Often used by mod-makers to pretty much say "It will be, when It may be..."
I of course would never put words in a mod-maker's mouth, so I'll let Akron narrow down that time frame if he wishes :P

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 1:08 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Well, we could keep guessing, or you could post a picture of the contents of your GameData folder and we could just tell you what's not correct.

Sorry for the very late response, I just checked the forum again today. 

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Here's the mods in my GameData folder. I have Coatl Aerospace, Firespitter, and DMagicScienceAnimate all in there, just plopped and dropped from the GameData in the zip file.

EDIT: I reinstalled and it just so happened to work this time. Not sure if it was another mod interfering with it but the parts show up now.

Edited by FlightSimJeronimo

Wow, I just recognized that only one part still depends on FireSpitter (but there is the FS -> IFS patch) and that this part is duplicate as well - Barquetta - I decided to remove the mod for now.
Too much of confusion.

If the parts would go into a zDeprecated folder finally... so anybody could just delete that folder for a new game, that would be way better.

@Gordon Dry Let me take a look at this. I'm the one who wrote/rewrote the B9 & FS patches for @akron.
I know he re-"mastered" Barquetta/Barca *after* I made it optional to use B9 *or* FS, so the new Barca is probably not included in the B9 patch :P
IIRC, its one of the first parts he wanted to do a major revamp on. Thats why they are "duplicated", but named differently.

IIRC, when I implemented the new patches, Akron & I agreed we'ld wait & see if he could get feedback on the new B9/FS support option before making major related changes. I dont think we got much feedback, but I havent been on a whole lot, and I should probably read back thru. If he's ok with it, it might be time to completely remove the packaged FS folder... It *is* pretty outdated, and all it would take is removing it from the master, as thats the only place to get the latest version of the mod, and the new optional B9/FS support. ;)