Jump to content

[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)


akron
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

would someone elaborate just a bit on this? which folder are we in? the barca folder has a couple parts in it. is one of those the older version?

No, I think the old one is the Barquetta folder... but you may have to keep some of the other parts in it.
I'll take a look at it tomorrow if I can get a new install of Notepad++ & BFA installed & setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The sample crafts could probably use an update but is the best I have other than the build guide that @OrbitalManeuvers linked.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, JediRangerkendor said:

Did you ever manage to get your license back? And how are you enjoying your new rig?

The new computer is working great, but unfortunately I have not been able to transfer or renew the software license. I may have to switch over to a new 3D software, but in some ways that just means starting over on some models. Some Pros/Cons to be weighted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, akron said:

 I may have to switch over to a new 3D software

Blender/BFA both have Maya keymaps, IIRC... Just sayin :P
And I know a certain Discord server, where a good portion use Blender, so the help would be there... :D
"Come to the Dark Side, Obi-Wan @akron
..." .. lol

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Blender/BFA both have Maya keymaps, IIRC... Just sayin :P
And I know a certain Discord server, where a good portion use Blender, so the help would be there... :D
"Come to the Dark Side, Obi-Wan @akron
..." .. lol

Lol. I use Blender for my light Farm Sim modding. It's not the keybinds, it's the whole dev workflow that I just can't adjust to quickly. I may try 3DMax

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2022 at 4:02 AM, oniontrain said:

yeah that's what I've been going by but it's not very high res

 

23 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

True. I use that plus the sample crafts to work stuff out

 

22 hours ago, akron said:

The sample crafts could probably use an update but is the best I have other than the build guide that @OrbitalManeuvers linked.

The new computer is working great, but unfortunately I have not been able to transfer or renew the software license. I may have to switch over to a new 3D software, but in some ways that just means starting over on some models. Some Pros/Cons to be weighted

/casts embiggerate

 

7WSAHXU.png

 

Github has a page width restriction which makes the image a bit small.  I wasn't aware people were using it as a reference but I'd be delighted to put higher res images on a build guide page (similar to the BDB probes pages) if people would find that useful - just nobody ever asked before!  I've got all the craft files too so will sling them on github for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 4:43 AM, dave1904 said:

Here is a Kerbalism CFG. Should work as long as you have DMagicOrbitalScience AND DMagicScienceAnimate. I have also not bothered to balance transfer rates or data sizes so atm they are all 150 hours. The landing scoop is not patched and I might do it at a later point but since I am new to the kerbalism mod in general I have to look into how samples work a bit better. This is not intended to be added to probesplus but more for people that come here looking for a patch. I do not have the skills to release and maintain it since I basically only copied and pasted Kerbalisms cfgs. 

If you want to change any data rates go into the cfg and just change these numbers. That being said about half the parts are patched by Kerbalism in the Dmagicorbialscience cfgs so they are properly balanced anyway. 

        ca_kdex
        {
            ECCost = 0.02
            size = 1100  /Size in MB
            value = 8
            duration = 540000    //Time in Seconds
            requirements =
            ResourceRates =
        }

 

Download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-IQD899nTdGO13uksHmcL70l8MLfyRB5 and drop into E:\Ksp 1.8.1 Tester\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Compatibility

 

 

Somebody has a copy of this file? Whan i tried to access, a 404 is displayed :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I am running the latest version of KSP. I have a lot of addons, but game launch only takes a few minutes usually. When I install Probes Plus through CKAN, the game never loads, even after waiting several hours. I have now noticed that the load screen consistently gets stuck (one time for over an hour) trying to load the following:

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Telescopes/explorer_solar/ca_explorer_solar

Is there something I can do to fix this? What logs would be useful to find the cause?

Edited by sdlafferty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sdlafferty said:

Is there something I can do to fix this? What logs would be useful to find the cause?

Read the first post in this link to learn what logs, where to find them, & how to post them...

Then someone can probably help
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sdlafferty said:

Hi

I am running the latest version of KSP. I have a lot of addons, but game launch only takes a few minutes usually. When I install Probes Plus through CKAN, the game never loads, even after waiting several hours. I have now noticed that the load screen consistently gets stuck (one time for over an hour) trying to load the following:

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Telescopes/explorer_solar/ca_explorer_solar

Is there something I can do to fix this? What logs would be useful to find the cause?

Welcome to the Forums

You are using an outdated release of ProbesPlus. The mod switched to incremental updates released via the Github repo, meaning that you have to manually install the repository in order to get compatibility with the newer version of KSP. Instructions are on the front page. 

I supposed I can re-release the repo as an "update" to help alleviate the confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully inserted the Neptune Camera patch in the Landvermesser/Surveyor camera cfg file? I put it in, and the function menu shows up when you right click the camera, but it won’t take a picture and save it. Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Has anyone successfully inserted the Neptune Camera patch in the Landvermesser/Surveyor camera cfg file? I put it in, and the function menu shows up when you right click the camera, but it won’t take a picture and save it. Any suggestions?

lets see your patch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...