[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

@akron RemoteTech patches are done and I made a pull-request on Git, I think I did it right, first time using Git to actually contribute to a project.

I made a super rough pass at balance, things may need tweaking in that regard as my only play-testing was to ensure basic functionality was there and I didn't bork anything up.

18 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@akron When you decide to do the rovers can you have an inline cargo bay with a deployable folding rover?

I am not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

7 hours ago, Akira_R said:

@akron RemoteTech patches are done and I made a pull-request on Git, I think I did it right, first time using Git to actually contribute to a project.

I made a super rough pass at balance, things may need tweaking in that regard as my only play-testing was to ensure basic functionality was there and I didn't bork anything up.

Thank you! I'll go through and merge that hopefully tonight

Just now, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@akron an inline bay that opens with a premade rover inside that gets launched out.

You can probably just use a Mk1 or Mk2 cargo bay for that, or stuff from other mods. I do want to come up with a cargo bay-type part but it is not for what you are thinking of.

1 hour ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

What about a folding large rover that fits in a small area?

Surface attach parts don't work in stock KSP with moving, animated panels like what you're talking. If I were to do that, you'd be unable to attach bits to the rover. The only folding parts will be the wheels and antenna/solar panels. This is actually pretty true to life. Engineers try to minimize moving parts because it is less stuff to fail.

Edited by akron

43 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Is there a mod that would make RTGs degrade, like irl (and is compatible with 1.3)? If there is one, is it compatible with CA?

Near Future Electrical has an RTG decay option. I don't think I have compatibility configs for it

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

I already have NFE installed so I will enable the config and if I figure it out, I may write a patch file for CA. 

Download the mod again and you'll see and "Extras" folder with the decay plugin. If you do those configs, shoot me a pull request on Github.

17 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Will this work in 1.3.1?

This will matter on whether the dependent modules work in 1.3.1.

Check to see if Firespitter, DMagic Science Animate, and DMagic Orbital Science work in 1.3.1

Edited by akron

3 hours ago, enlait said:

It doesn't work for me in 1.3.1 (game crashes when loading parts) but with amount of mod's I'm running I can't say for sure...

Deleting "Coatl Aerospace" and keeping everything else makes the game work again.

Not completely. The core mod "Probes Plus" works fine, it's the DMagicScienceAnimate Plug-in that's the issue at the moment. I have Probes Plus in my KSP 1.3.1 without the DMagicScienceAnimate plug-in and it works fine.

So go ahead, put the mod in, take out the DMagic stuff, and when Coatl gets a official update, you can add/overwrite the old mod and still keep your probes.

13 hours ago, GDJ said:

Not completely. The core mod "Probes Plus" works fine, it's the DMagicScienceAnimate Plug-in that's the issue at the moment. I have Probes Plus in my KSP 1.3.1 without the DMagicScienceAnimate plug-in and it works fine.

So go ahead, put the mod in, take out the DMagic stuff, and when Coatl gets a official update, you can add/overwrite the old mod and still keep your probes.

Thanks for checking. @enlait until DMagic Science animate updates, you'll run into this issue, I guess. Keep an eye out for the 3 dependencies to update. It is is kind of a bummer, but there is not alternative short of learning how to code a new science and animation module.