[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

I totally forgot that the Mariner 6-9 solar panel were repainted white on the back for thermal reasons, so they took longer to make. I think I'm almost done with all the bus and big parts' diffuse so I can go work on the camera assembly.

v36yUb4.png

kCv1byB.png

6 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

This is one of my must have mods now.

Are there any plans for making a white spherical probe like Venera 4?

Thank you! I try to never say 'never' when it comes to parts but that particular mission is not currently on the to-do. Maybe later on I can add it in. After-all I have a pretty solid set of parts to work from to add older Soviet Venera and Mars missions

On 10/26/2018 at 2:42 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

@akron Have you ever considered a Galileo replica? I think it'd be a very interesting craft to see in the mod.

Absolutely. I love the antenna from it. I'll have to figure out a good update to add it in

10 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@akron Thanks, by the way, would it be possible to upload a STEREO craft file? There aren't enough pics for me to accurately build it in-game.

I didn't know it was missing. Yes, l will work on one. Thank you for letting me know! 

In the meantime, STEREO is really simple, see if these 2 (very old) renders can help you: The 2 solar panels attach close to the top edge, the dish on one of the side next to the magnetometer. The RWPS antennae go on the bottom. The 2 STEREO crafts are identical except that the one on top does not have that grey ring you see on the top of the bus. You can disable it from the right-click menu:

NYgn55I.png W2KJyvv.png

EDIT: By the way, the realistic RCS arrangement I made for it drive me nuts and will get redone as soon as I have the chance. 

Edited by akron

7 hours ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Heya @akron, some of the parts don't function using your current (-ish .. within the past couple of days) Development build. Are you aware of this, and are there fixes incoming -- or is it likely something on MY end?

RL work related stuff has kept me from doing much testing in KSP v1.5 so there's likely to be broken stuff. It could very well be my dependencies (Firespitter, DMScienceAnimate) though, can you give me some specific part examples?

9 hours ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Heya @akron, some of the parts don't function using your current (-ish .. within the past couple of days) Development build. Are you aware of this, and are there fixes incoming -- or is it likely something on MY end?

What exactly isn`t working? For me this mod works well with KSP 1.5.x.

4 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Suggestion for instruments - anemometer and something for ocean properties (salinity, temperature).

I am glad that you like mod! Good suggestion too, I'll have to look into that

9 minutes ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

On the front page it shows a black/thermal coated version of the orbital telescope, is that a usable variant?? I don't see an option to switch to it if it is. It looks really nice though.

If you mean the image below, that's not a different color. It's just the way the telescope looks and is lit at that angle, with the sun behind it and to the left and no secondary lighting from the right

kR99Xe6.png

By the way, this is also using the Textures Unlimited mod. It will not look like this without it

Edited by akron

6 minutes ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

Yeah I have textures unlimited as well, I think it was just VAB lighting that made it look so different. Now that I have it in orbit it looks much closer to your screenshot.

Yes, VAB has much stronger lighting and cube maps for reflections/specular. 

On 11/7/2018 at 1:47 PM, akron said:

my dependencies (Firespitter, DMScienceAnimate)

I just removed Firespitter to test one of my newer patches:
GameData\zFinal\zzz_IFS_instead_FS.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FStextureSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:BEFORE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarTextureSwitch
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:BEFORE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		@name = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSmeshSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:BEFORE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	@MODULE[FSmeshSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarMeshSwitch
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:BEFORE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	}
}

It works.

Coatl Aerospace was the only mod in my GameData folder that still referenced to FStextureSwitch2 ...

You could add a patch like this to every part with FStextureSwitch2:

@PART[PARTNAME]:HAS[@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]]:NEEDS[!Firespitter,InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		@name = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
	}
}

Ah, I just see that TU is taken into acccount by compatibility patches.