[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

15 hours ago, drtedastro said:

NOTE: i found a ref to this problem back a few pages. i will try to go to map and then back to see if that kick starts it for now.

kool.

Thank you for the update. What version of KSP are you running? If you have a log, I can check for potential mod conflicts. Right now I am testing with very few mods installed, so I may not be able to replicate it if I don't have the same mods installed.

3 hours ago, akron said:

Thank you for the update. What version of KSP are you running? If you have a log, I can check for potential mod conflicts. Right now I am testing with very few mods installed, so I may not be able to replicate it if I don't have the same mods installed.

Greetings,

I have tried going from pad to map and back several times, but still am unable to get the solar panel to track.

i have linked the log below.

link to dropbox with log

thanks for any ideas on how to get around this little issue.

cheers.

9 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Yes, you could've found this out by looking at the Imgur album that is on the front page, or by, I don't know, downloading the 

Well it showed vega 1 and 2 but the venera series it only showed venera 15. Im just curious if this mod has the parts for the whole venera series.

@sslaptnhablhat Thanks, looking forward to many more :mad: :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, MooseMoi said:

Well it showed vega 1 and 2 but the venera series it only showed venera 15. Im just curious if this mod has the parts for the whole venera series.

Welcome to the Forum, Moose! The Mod includes the 4MV/5VK bus of the Soviet Venus missions but not the earlier iterations. There was frankly little reason to include them since they all were mostly the same missions profile; so I went with the newest/most feature complete ones. Additionally, the lander itself was graciously donated by Beale from his Tantares mod, and that lander was already based fairly closely on the later 4MV landers.

Edited by akron

5 hours ago, akron said:

@sslaptnhablhat Thanks, looking forward to many more :mad: :sticktongue:

Welcome to the Forum, Moose! The Mod includes the 4MV/5VK bus of the Soviet Venus missions but not the earlier iterations. There was frankly little reason to include them since they all were mostly the same missions profile; so I went with the newest/most feature complete ones. Additionally, the lander itself was graciously donated by Beale from his Tantares mod, and that lander was already based fairly closely on the later 4MV landers.

So do you plan to make the earlier ones

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Any chance of a dev stream? :)

No I wasn't able to. Still trying to get figure out a good way to fit streams back through our work and family schedules.

Tonight's work concentrated on the Aeroshell. I need to have the structure modeled so I can figure out where to squeeze the Viking bits. Unfortunately some of the shaping does not lend itself very well to doing a block-in.

ckhrveJ.png

1oyrj6k.png

I still need to finish the aeroshell back/top structure (underneath) but I cut the parachute mortar pretty deep to give myself enough wiggle room to add it in later above the science instruments.

Viking's Heatshield was fairly complex, having its own propulsion system and fuel, valve control, navigation and even science experiments. I simplified a lot of it and I don't think I'll add any science but I did mostly finish the propulsion system

yLVKF4N.png

The more detail I add, as fun as it is to do, just means more UV and texture to mess with later. 

vjaympX.png

The thrusters on the heatshield were actually used to de-orbit the lander as well as for attitude control so there's a bit of dV in there. I also finished the seismic experiment but I forgot to take a pic. It's not the most exciting part though.

Figuring out the better way to do the boolean cuts on the aeroshell was not the most fun thing I had to to do. I hope the normals behave well enough in-game

Edited by akron

Hey akron,

I've been having a problem with the Landvesser A build. Specifically, whenever I attach the vernier engines to the appropriate nodes, while the ship intially looks good in the editor, when I load it, only one vernier is in the right place, and the other two are somehow in the center of the probe core. This makes it impossible to build any ships with these specific parts. The issue occurs both when I load it into the game world, and when I close the editor and reopen it. What log do you need to help troubleshoot the problem?

uxz1d7q.jpg

Edited by Machinique

On 1/31/2016 at 9:53 PM, akron said:

[Snip] This is a probe expansion pack inspired by real missions from the mid-1960s to now. Including probe cores, engines, solar panels, and new science parts! [Snip]

Does this mod work with KSP 1.7.x?? Curious! yet by the looks of it... it looks bueatiful

Edited by Vanamonde
Edited by a moderator

15 hours ago, PriusMann said:

Does this mod work with KSP 1.7.x?? Curious AF! yet by the looks of it... it looks bueatiful

Thanks! The Mod does work but if you read back a few pages, some folks are having issues which you may experience as well. Click on my signature to read the FAQ which will also help you with collecting a log should you have problems.

Also, download the Github repository for the latest version, instead of the last release, which is pretty old. 

Hey and try not to quote long posts in the future, you can use mention feature instead. Like this: @PriusMann

Thanks again! Sorry for the late reply, I've had major internet outages intermittently for two days

That’s because there’s an old “ModuleRCS” in it’s .cfg file. It’s easy enough to copy the “ModuleRCSFX” from a similar part until a proper fix is made. I’ve been meaning to report the issue myself, but I’ve been distracted with my RSS/RO save lately...

Some quick progress update pics below. The Meteorology mast is done. Yes it was a bit of a pain but a kinda fun too mostly because I had no good measurements on it.

8300R57.png

tCZIBRS.png

Might try to bump map some of that detail on the mast instead.

~cheers

@macc92 What version of the mod are you using? I could have sworn I fixed that already

1 minute ago, hieywiey said:

The version I downloaded about a week ago still has the Cassini RCS issue, so I'd say it isn't fixed.

From the Github repository? Or from, say, Spacedock?