[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

On 2/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

When can we expect official functionality for 1.8.x?

It should already be mostly functional, with updated dependencies. I am running it in 1.8 in my test install

18 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

It works already, I'm more interested in when we'll see proper foil with the revamp (it's not entirely clear whether that's the case on the pics). :)  

I have not done any new foil textures, but will likely have to at some point. I am staying away from all the texture switching, it's too much work to make it look good

On 2/15/2020 at 5:32 AM, Dragon01 said:

It works already, I'm more interested in when we'll see proper foil with the revamp (it's not entirely clear whether that's the case on the pics). :)  

no .17.3 built don't works on 1.8.1. Many science parts have no fonctionality.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, akron said:

It should already be mostly functional, with updated dependencies. I am running it in 1.8 in my test install

you know that we can test it for you..:D seriously, if we can help, just saying... your beautiful works is really missing...

On 2/18/2020 at 5:45 AM, Vince_K said:

no .17.3 built don't works on 1.8.1. Many science parts have no fonctionality.

you know that we can test it for you..:D seriously, if we can help, just saying... your beautiful works is really missing...

I can confirm that the Dev-Version works in 1.8.1. You need to replace the dependencies (DMagicScience Animated and Firespitter) with the newest versions. Then the Scienceparts works well.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I can confirm that the Dev-Version works in 1.8.1. You need to replace the dependencies (DMagicScience Animated and Firespitter) with the newest versions. Then the Scienceparts works well.

I did not think about that... tanks.I will try... :confused:

15 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Thank you for testing it and reporting back!

2 hours ago, Oppulse|12 said:

Will you implement some MER rovers (aka: Opportunity and spirit rovers) in your mod Akron?

I would absolutely love to, just understand that I am a single dad now and my mod time has reduced drastically, so the chances of a lot of new parts to get done is very slim. I am now just trying to get Viking and the part remakes done.

Edited by akron

2 hours ago, akron said:

I would absolutely love to, just understand that I am a single dad now and my mod time has reduced drastically, so the chances of a lot of new parts to get done is very slim. I am now just trying to get Viking and the part remakes done.

challenge like Short time upgrade mod

2 hours ago, akron said:

Respect, king. Put what's important first.

8 hours ago, akron said:

Good to know!,I have been waiting for a MER rovers mod for quite a while now but good to know!

Also:One of the thing you will have to pay attention to is the wheels they have some sort of "Bouncy System" which is this:220px-Rocker_bogie.gif

It is not really hard with today's ksp parts i think but anyways have a nice day!

Edited by Oppulse|12

6 hours ago, Oppulse|12 said:

Also:One of the thing you will have to pay attention to is the wheels they have some sort of "Bouncy System" which is this:

It is not really hard with today's ksp parts i think but anyways have a nice day!

It's called a rocker-bogie mechanism and unless there's some API update I missed it's damn near impossible with the stock wheel code

12 hours ago, nepphhh said:

Respect, king. Put what's important first.

Thank you! On the bright-side my oldest is kinda starting to like KSP so I am going to try and feed that interest as much as I can. He is already fairly curious about astronomy and space travel, so maybe we can work on the mod together

12 hours ago, Wirelex said:

challenge like Short time upgrade mod

???

38 minutes ago, akron said:

Thank you! On the bright-side my oldest is kinda starting to like KSP so I am going to try and feed that interest as much as I can. He is already fairly curious about astronomy and space travel, so maybe we can work on the mod together

Broke: Not being able to mod due to children

Woke: Training said children to be mod slaves in the part mines

@akron Thanks for making this. The SAR-15 alone is worth installing the mod; you've replaced the awkwardly-shaped stock M700 survey scanner and the SCANsat terrain mapper with a single, prettier part.

Suggestion: I noticed that the only science container probe core is CA-V601 'Aegis'. The "collect all" function is very useful when making advanced probes. Please consider also making the more expensive cores like the Tatsujin and Hera science containers.

Edited by DeadJohn

22 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

@akron Thanks for making this. The SAR-15 alone is worth installing the mod; you've replaced the awkwardly-shaped stock M700 survey scanner and the SCANsat terrain mapper with a single, prettier part.

Suggestion: I noticed that the only science container probe core is CA-V601 'Aegis'. The "collect all" function is very useful when making advanced probes. Please consider also making the more expensive cores like the Tatsujin and Hera science containers.

Thank you! Good suggestion. Now is it more useful to have such option on the bus? Or on a science container part

44 minutes ago, akron said:

Thank you! Good suggestion. Now is it more useful to have such option on the bus? Or on a science container part

Either one can work.

Built into the core: One less part to forget during assembly. Doesn't interfere with the clean lines of some of your probe cores. Easy to implement with edits to existing part CFG.

Separate part: More flexible; can be used with your probes, stock command capsules, other mods. KSP already has the stock Experiment Storage Unit but it's bulky. Maybe make a smaller part and have it unlock a bit later in the tech tree? (Restock Plus already has an alternate science container as a 1.25 to 0.625 conical adapter that is good on a rocket or plane nose, but looks weird on a hexagon or square probe.)