[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Hey, I really enjoy this mod, and I just wanted to suggest a couple additions to this mod. Maybe some of these could be added into the mod?

Images in question

Some of those or similar are on my wishlist. Mostly antennas, solar panels and other things like that. I don't want to take on new buses that aren't already in the works.

3 minutes ago, akron said:

Some of those or similar are on my wishlist. Mostly antennas, solar panels and other things like that. I don't want to take on new buses that aren't already in the works.

I suppose that landers are what i'm most interested in, but thanks!

5 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

You might find some of what you're looking for in Near Future Solar/Exploration and/or Restock.

I actually have all of the mods that you mentioned installed, and yes, they do work pretty well when making crafts like these.

Sharing some screenshots from my JNSQ playthrough.

Quetzal/Pioneer at Jool

Spoiler

LYaTuY0.png

8adsQh0.png

Argo/Mariner 9-esque probe at Duna. This one has the orbital camera system for doing scansat imaging, and the next one being sent will have the scan platform for biome scanning.

Spoiler

TRkEuxC.png

Torekka/Voyager on Kerbin escape to Lindor, arriving in ~4 years.

Spoiler

pPzHPuq.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 12:42 AM, JediRangerkendor said:

Soooo... have any new Teasers for that Viking lander to share for us? ;)

Yes, stay tuned. I finished moving and are settling in at the new place so more work on parts will ramp up again

On 3/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, dave1904 said:

Kerbalism is going to be more patch friendly with next update so I wont bother finishing the science patch now. Would be a waste of time. That being said right now it is a disaster patching all the science taking Dmagic and BDB into account. A common science def folder across all mods would make it far easier. 

was the 3.8 release in May what you were hoping for or is the patching situation still a pain? I plan to use the GRS in an upcoming mission and wondering if you'd consider that balanced or still needs work. Thanks for the initial effort!

Edited by Drew Kerman

19 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

@akron Have you considered updating the SSTL satellite’s SCAN patch to make it a visual scanner? Visual mapping was recently added to SCAN and would fit that satellite much better than biome mapping.

I can probably make an unofficial patch for it, yeah. I no longer officially maintain the SSTL Mod

20 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

was the 3.8 release in May what you were hoping for or is the patching situation still a pain? I plan to use the GRS in an upcoming mission and wondering if you'd consider that balanced or still needs work. Thanks for the initial effort!

well about that. I had intentions to make a community science def and a patch that fixes Kerbalism but instead of explaining to you why I will post you a screenshot of my house. I had no intention of starting this year but corona made time for it. And yes I still live in it :) All windows are being replaced, heating and its being insulated to the new standards. That been said I do have some good rocket science news. If decide to go with Gas heating they will eventually be swapping gas with hydrogen. That would be a great solution to heat the house if its really far enough in 10 years. Since I am doing most of it myself because its my profession I will probably not have time until KSP3. Right now I read the forums but have not loaded KSP since march 30. I grew up in this house so its worth the time and the money to do it up. Ill post a screenshot when its finished and I hope it looks fine considering it will probably cost me 100 grand :( That being said I plan of getting a high end PC into that buget but shh. 

OfinpES.png

9 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

well about that....

wow, good luck with the project

Still tho, how to you consider the current state of the patch? Balanced or still in need of some assessment? Just want to get an idea of where you left off so I can continue as needed for the experiments I plan to use. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

wow, good luck with the project

Still tho, how to you consider the current state of the patch? Balanced or still in need of some assessment? Just want to get an idea of where you left off so I can continue as needed for the experiments I plan to use. Thanks!

I honestly cannot remember the balance but it was very basic and unfinished. If kerbalism has had a recent update then I am not sure that my patch would even work anymore. I do not know what was changed. I do not have time until Dec or Jan to look into it either because when I get the addiction of KSP its hard to get rid of it. I am intentionally not playing it at all right now.   

2 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

I want to try and add TU support to the Barça and Vorona probe cores, but since they lack a FStextureSwitch2 module I don't know any of the mesh names for either parts. Do you mind giving me a quick reference for those?

Sure.

NGgp8U7.png7NxFlIU.png

On 6/15/2020 at 2:30 PM, Tonas1997 said:

Thanks! So I assume the "thermal" mesh on the Barça is the black center core, right?

Correct, this was setup in case I wanted to future-proof texture-switched foil options. Note that standard TU settings create some weird shader artifacts on non glossy surfaces. I suggest avoiding changes to the thermal blanket layer on Barça. Especially since there's no alternative foil texture at this time.

I encounted some odd glitch with the landvmesser probe. When i put the 3 engines into their spots like in the first picture, when i go to launch on the launchpad the engines move into the center like in the second photo. It could be something else and not this mid since iv noticed other stuff being in the wrong place on other parts when i launch sometimes too, but im not sure which other mods i have could cause something like that.

WFePJ2L.jpgBPU7QEN.jpg

Edited by NoahGoldFox

On 6/17/2020 at 6:06 PM, NoahGoldFox said:

I encounted some odd glitch with the landvmesser probe. When i put the 3 engines into their spots like in the first picture, when i go to launch on the launchpad the engines move into the center like in the second photo. It could be something else and not this mid since iv noticed other stuff being in the wrong place on other parts when i launch sometimes too, but im not sure which other mods i have could cause something like that.

I am really not sure just from looking what could be the issue. Can you share logs?

18 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

For whatever reason I cannot find why I'm unable to extend and retract this antenna specifically.

The CAE20 HGA Antenna and Solar Panel part is able to, but the antenna above does not for some reason.

My modlist: https://pastebin.com/1Ht84p5c

Do you have Firespitter installed? I don't see it on the modlist. Also, do you have the LASTEST github repo release? Go here and click on "Clone"

15 minutes ago, akron said:

Do you have Firespitter installed? I don't see it on the modlist. Also, do you have the LASTEST github repo release? Go here and click on "Clone"

Yes I have it from the install provided on github. going to reinstall to double check. fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, akron said:

Update: I reinstalled Coatl and its dependencies, sadly no change.

Anyway I can see in logs what could be causing this? Like in the VAB I can only change the size on it. Pic below comparing the other antenna that works fine.

sJJowtm.png

Edited by NateDaBeast