[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

7 minutes ago, Rodger said:

It could be a multi-node shroud thingy instead of a separate part, would cut down on parts at least.

Since Pioneer 10 (On which Quetzal is based) did not have any sort of shroud like that, I'd rather make it a new part. To prevent confusion when making the Pioneer 10 build using my parts

Hi there, I was pointed here from the #RO channel based on the Imgur album. Have to say, really nice parts! I think we're going to get an RO config for this pack pretty soon and I was wondering if you have any interest in providing more accurate RCS clusters for the Fregat? I understand, or can make an educated guess, why you modeled them the way you did, but AFAIK no one else has made these clusters and it would be fantastic to use accurate replicas, like these:

soyouz%20fregat%20vue%20generale.jpg

Obviously they'd require two more models, each with a single roll thruster, rather than the dual roll thrusters you have now.

Looking forward to using the pack (regardless of your answer, some great parts here!)

18 minutes ago, regex said:

Hi there, I was pointed here from the #RO channel based on the Imgur album. Have to say, really nice parts! I think we're going to get an RO config for this pack pretty soon and I was wondering if you have any interest in providing more accurate RCS clusters for the Fregat? I understand, or can make an educated guess, why you modeled them the way you did, but AFAIK no one else has made these clusters and it would be fantastic to use accurate replicas, like these:

*#sniplikeyoudontcare2017*

Obviously they'd require two more models, each with a single roll thruster, rather than the dual roll thrusters you have now.

Looking forward to using the pack (regardless of your answer, some great parts here!)

Thank you. There are actually some RO configs already, although updates are needed, but I think @Phineas Freak was working on some.

I'd be happy to tweak the Fregat nozzles. It's the wrong size, so tweaks were coming soon anyway. I need to make it larger diameter, but first I need to model a new Russian service module to replace its size and function. 

On 5/2/2017 at 0:34 AM, akron said:

There are actually some RO configs already, although updates are needed, but I think @Phineas Freak was working on some.

Yea, i have been working on them since...ever. Life, the seer amount of parts and the lack of sources about some of them are not helping either...

Something else that i noticed: the Voyager Propulsion module RCS only has a "spin-up" capability and not full roll control (you can roll it in one direction but not the other). The Voyager Backgrounder mentions:

"Four 22.5 N (5 lb.) thrust engines provided roll control."

In my mind that means four RCS thrusters, shifted 45 degrees from the normal cardinal positions, all facing inwards (rotating two of the existing outwards pointing thrusters by 180 degrees achieves that).

Edit: i am a derp, i did not check the RCS exhausts carefully enough...

Edited by Phineas Freak
Derp...

I've ditched DMagic because of this, after long push-me-pull-you. It's one of the best mods I saw and now I'm stuck to it. :)

However, there are few problems. I can't deploy the magnetometers and RPWS. There is no button for that when you right click them. Amd I doing something wrong?

5 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I've ditched DMagic because of this

5 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Amd I doing something wrong?

Yes. The problem is you ditched DMagic... :sticktongue:

So, in order to not belittle DMagic's original work writing the code to make these experiments, my parts only provide you with an alternate model for his experiments. They still need the original experiment to work. Think of my parts as an extension to DMagic's Orbital Science Mod, not a replacement. If you install DMOS back, my parts will work fine again.

Cheers!

13 hours ago, akron said:

Yes. The problem is you ditched DMagic... :sticktongue:

So, in order to not belittle DMagic's original work writing the code to make these experiments, my parts only provide you with an alternate model for his experiments. They still need the original experiment to work. Think of my parts as an extension to DMagic's Orbital Science Mod, not a replacement. If you install DMOS back, my parts will work fine again.

Cheers!

:D

I'll just prune DMagic because I'm trying to keep the GameData small as possible. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I'll just prune DMagic because I'm trying to keep the GameData small as possible. Thanks.

This is your best bet.  I have a saved parts directory from DMOS that I move in once I install PP to trim them out as well.  If you do a lot of this you might take a look at Janitor's Closet since it allows you to both prune or hide and anything hidden can always be restored later...

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

:D

You can try this, I edit the file to use them also with out DMagic parts don't know why there set to use his plugin has they can be changed to use ModuleAnimateGeneric if you still want the experiment you just need the Resources folder think it was out of Dmagics folder hope it helps

Spoiler

@PART[ca_RPWS]
{
-MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate] {}

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = deploy
    isOneShot = false
    startEventGUIName = Deploy RPWS
    endEventGUIName = Retract RPWS
    actionGUIName = Toggle RPWS
    allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
}
}

4 hours ago, MeCripp said:

You can try this, I edit the file to use them also with out DMagic parts don't know why there set to use his plugin has they can be changed to use ModuleAnimateGeneric if you still want the experiment you just need the Resources folder think it was out of Dmagics folder hope it helps

Yes, you'll need the resources folder as well. But like I said, it is intentional I did not expect for folks to try and bypass the DMOS requirement

5 minutes ago, akron said:

Yes, you'll need the resources folder as well. But like I said, it is intentional I did not expect for folks to try and bypass the DMOS requirement

All good love the work you do and Dmagic's  just his parts don't fit into my game and I like to try and keep the plugins down also so there is less chance of error's that way and squad needs to give you a job with parts like this thanks for sharing :)

9 hours ago, 500Motels said:

Can't imagine any future rover without a scoop now :)

Then you're going to love the 80,000 spesos selfie stick coming with my future rover parts :D

1 hour ago, lajoswinkler said:

This has become one of my favorite mods. :)

Fantastic, thank you! Be sure to post any feedback on  any parts as you play through the game.

On separate news, I should be hitting full speed modding again pretty soon. For those that are new to the thread, I have a number of projects I am now involved in that I will be working on a little bit ahead of ProbesPlus and then simultaneously now also including the SSTL Satellite mod. However, I do intend to get a patch out soon to fix any issues of the last release. Please log any issues you find with the latest release to Github or give me feedback here. I will likely not be adding any new parts on this patch, just bug fixes.

~cheers

51 minutes ago, akron said:

Fantastic, thank you! Be sure to post any feedback on  any parts as you play through the game.

On separate news, I should be hitting full speed modding again pretty soon. For those that are new to the thread, I have a number of projects I am now involved in that I will be working on a little bit ahead of ProbesPlus and then simultaneously now also including the SSTL Satellite mod. However, I do intend to get a patch out soon to fix any issues of the last release. Please log any issues you find with the latest release to Github or give me feedback here. I will likely not be adding any new parts on this patch, just bug fixes.

~cheers

First-Order-Riot-Control-Stormtroopers-1