[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

hah, you took that backwards :) I didn't mean you're carrying a lot of batteries I meant that you're not going to have a lot of power from the sun so I guess maybe shoulda said "quite the tight EC budget there" :wink:

Sorry, I did misunderstand. The good thing is that I do not have many experiments as you can probably see (temp, geiger, barometer), so I think it will be fine. just enough battery to run them at high orbit, and then at low. If I remember, I also managed a moon flyby. The OSO experiment is for solar science, so I'm not too worried about not running it throughout the encounter.

12 hours ago, akron said:

@viperwolf @Jesse-Lacey Here's some early tech-tree stuff you can make. These are from my last career play and use my parts along with BDB and Tantares:

In case you wanted some ideas

Those are good examples, I created this monstrosity. Its not big or anything, its just expensive, and based it off one of the craft files. I like to build an all around probe that I can send anywhere.

jWO6HRs.png

yQgi9O2.png

6S6KE2d.png

Edited by viperwolf

10 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Those are good examples, I created this monstrosity. Its not big or anything, its just expensive, and based it off one of the craft files. I like to build an all around probe that I can send anywhere.

Nice. All the cost is in the science package. I would try to reduce the amount of science instruments you carry, if you want more realistic and affordable probes. Even if you do have a "standard" layout. A good real-life example is the Mariner series. The same general bus flew in different configurations to Mercury,Venus, and Mars. But neither carried too much science due to mass and costs

1 hour ago, hieywiey said:

Why doesn't Meridiani have the node to attach the instrument pallet?

It was just simpler to do a surface attachment option from a modding standpoint so I don't have to line up the origins-to-node on both parts

As of Update to 1.4.1 all i can really see is the built in of ProbePlus Probe Cores RCS visuals are reversed but work in the desired direction, essentially visually Up is Down (up gives down visual but physically your thrusters push in that direction), seems to be the case for all modded RCS thruster types from what i've seen using ProbePlus and a outdated version of KWRocketry. other than that all is working well from what i can see if that is any help to you 

My Installed Mods: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TxBtvAy6bwNToX8pqSDVkXSUKLVUjRgO/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, RyboSenpai said:

As of Update to 1.4.1 all i can really see is the built in of ProbePlus Probe Cores RCS visuals are reversed but work in the desired direction, essentially visually Up is Down (up gives down visual but physically your thrusters push in that direction), seems to be the case for all modded RCS thruster types from what i've seen using ProbePlus and a outdated version of KWRocketry. other than that all is working well from what i can see if that is any help to you 

My Installed Mods: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TxBtvAy6bwNToX8pqSDVkXSUKLVUjRgO/view?usp=sharing

Uh oh. What part is doing this?

as far as i can tell, any type of Modded RCS thruster component, including Built in RCS for Probe Cores, Modded RCS Thrusters under Control Tab, i havent tested all of them too be honest but i've only come across this bug with the following Probe Cores : Tatsujin and Barquetta. RCS Thruster blocks i have yet to test as most of my probes are SAS control only but i can investigate all parts from CoatL that have RCS and get back to you with a full list.

all it is is a visual effect, when i press H to thrust Up, the RCS Thrust is visually pushing in the reverse direction but physical movement in the desired direction, H pressed = N RCS visual/H RCS Physical, no physical error only visual RCS Error

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ed4q4u8V__p1Vtdk0x8SvNScDeEmi_Xr/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XKPUSC5svGct041E8TILAi6uzRkaGHO7/view?usp=sharing

in gathering these screen shots i have disabled the RCS in Probe Core Xlhe and using RCS Thrust Blocks CA-RS04

2 minutes ago, akron said:

@RyboSenpai, I will do some testing and let you know. In the meantime, can you upload that ModuleManager.ConfigCache for me to make sure those aren't modified by anything? It's your GameData folder

sure thing will do! will edit this post with Link to it :) 

Edit: Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRZF2v-9mu4RhyPACgMNkg0pI4hCEev4/view?usp=sharing

Edited by RyboSenpai

3 minutes ago, akron said:

@RyboSenpai I can't find anything wrong so far by looking at your cache. The parts use moduleRCS as they have been and if KW rocketry parts work fine, then so should mine since they use the same module. I will test it when I get home

i provided 2 screen shots earlier to show you what i've been getting, i havent used the KW Rocketry parts as of late so i will remove the mod and see what happens, its probably something super simple and im just not getting it but its just a visual effect so its not causing me any issues with missions except from on the visuals, i will investigate further using the KW Rocketry parts before i remove it as i dont use it much anymore since the addition of the Thrust Plates in KSP 1.4

Edited by RyboSenpai

6 minutes ago, RyboSenpai said:

i provided 2 screen shots earlier to show you what i've been getting, i havent used the KW Rocketry parts as of late so i will remove the mod and see what happens, its probably something super simple and im just not getting it but its just a visual effect so its not causing me any issues with missions except from on the visuals, i will investigate further using the KW Rocketry parts before i remove it as i dont use it much anymore since the addition of the Thrust Plates in KSP 1.4

I did see that. Before you remove it, just try it and see. I am hoping Squad didn't change the orientation node for moduleRCS as it would break my parts

I added a file named MKS.cfg inside the compatiblity folder to add the ResourceLode exploration function from MKS to your CAE-SAR15 Synthetic-Aperture Radar System. The file only contains this so far:

// by LouisCyfer
@PART[ca_vor_sar]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceSurveyor
		allowHomeBody = true
		lodePart = UsiExplorationRock2
		lodeRange = 90
		altModifier = 0.5
	}
}

would really be cool this patch becomes official :)

3 hours ago, RyboSenpai said:

yeah i'll test it out in the next few minutes or so and let you know if its just your stuff or any mod RCS block :) 

Edit: Tested KWRocketry RCS Blocks and same issue unfortunately

I can replicate it on my install. I am assuming this is a bug in 1.4.1

I sure hope this is fixed or a lot of older legacy mods are broken forever if you don't have the source files :(

2 hours ago, tmccreight651 said:

hey, just a quick question. the actual draco probe core wont load for some reason, ive checked the files and the file for draco is there but it wont load. the dependencies are all up to date, any questions? 

Known issue, texture swap lines don't work for a number of people. I have never been able to replica this. I posted a fix a few pages back. I'll look for it later and send it your way, or you can read back a bit and find it

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

would really be cool this patch becomes official :)

I'm ok with this. I'll include it on the next patch if it works for everyone

15 hours ago, akron said:

I can replicate it on my install. I am assuming this is a bug in 1.4.1

I sure hope this is fixed or a lot of older legacy mods are broken forever if you don't have the source files :(

rightho good luck getting it fixed, again for me personally the visual issue is manageable but i've brought it to your attention so that you may hopefully fix it if able, good luck with it :)

While you're here, what part is supposed to be used for the PWS and PRA antenna on Voyager? The only thing I can find are the two Radio Plasma Wave antenna but those have three antenna each instead of the two that Voyager had.

4777481.gif?424

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. You're supposed to use the three-antenna thing but rotate it in a way that one of the antenna is hidden in the magnetometer.

Edited by ddavis425

@akron what ever you gotta do man, im sure we lot have the patience to wait, its a good job you've done with it and i've launched several "real" missions using it, i love the mod and im more than happy to put up with the bugs that have been reported so far until you get around to fixing it, here's hoping its an easy job though :) 

@akron If i may

I would like to use your AACS Advanced Attitude Control System for a mechjeb case. Basically take all the guts out of the MJ case a put them into the AACS case. I like that little case for that purpose, but I also want to keep the Original aswell. Its for my personal use only, and Ive done this in the past with another part. However, your parts are set up way different than what im use to.