[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

Version 1.4.2 and as of now just updated NFP (NearFutureProp), i'll toll back KRE and see what happens then. will edit this post and let you know @akron

Edit: Rolled Back KRE and nothing, Comm-net relays not working. something i noticed in updating NFP is it has with it, 2 additional Folders B9PartSwitch and CommunityResourcePack. these 2 along with NFP constitute 3 new folders which could be the cause, i'll drop them and see what happens there.

Edited by RyboSenpai

25 minutes ago, RyboSenpai said:

Version 1.4.2 and as of now just updated NFP (NearFutureProp), i'll toll back KRE and see what happens then. will edit this post and let you know @akron

Edit: Rolled Back KRE and nothing, Comm-net relays not working. something i noticed in updating NFP is it has with it, 2 additional Folders B9PartSwitch and CommunityResourcePack. these 2 along with NFP constitute 3 new folders which could be the cause, i'll drop them and see what happens there.

I apologize for missing it, but the CA-A100 is not a relay antenna. It will not work in your case. Direct antennas only talk to Kerbin, not other crafts

Edited by akron

OHHHHHHH!!! IS THAT IT!! DOY......simple yet elegantly able to cock it up lol my mistake, i guess i best deorbit my Relays then lol thanks for the help, if it turns out not to be my monumental cock up because those probes have been orbiting for 16 years game time and i only just noticed this i'll let you know, but it probably is my cock up haha

Edited by RyboSenpai

32 minutes ago, RyboSenpai said:

OHHHHHHH!!! IS THAT IT!! DOY......simple yet elegantly able to cock it up lol my mistake, i guess i best deorbit my Relays then lol thanks for the help, if it turns out not to be my monumental cock up because those probes have been orbiting for 16 years game time and i only just noticed this i'll let you know, but it probably is my cock up haha

That's funny. No worries, Use the CA-AD1-R Small Folding Relay Antenna. It's an early tech relay that should work fine around and near Kerbin. I don't think it has range for interplanetary though

Th CA-A10 Small Folding Relay Antenna also works along with all the larger ones, or Xihe's CA-D02 Medium Folding Relay Antenna

Edited by akron

20 minutes ago, akron said:

That's funny. No worries, Use the CA-AD1-R Small Folding Relay Antenna. It's an early tech relay that should work fine around and near Kerbin. I don't think it has range for interplanetary though

Th CA-A10 Small Folding Relay Antenna also works along with all the larger ones, or Xihe's CA-D02 Medium Folding Relay Antenna

It barely has range for Minmus...  (I get one bar of signal using it as a relay.  Mun wasn't better, actually.)

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

It barely has range for Minmus...  (I get one bar of signal using it as a relay.  Mun wasn't better, actually.)

What level is your tracking station? I get sufficient signal in stock 1x scale. Not that it really matters what level you have, you only need *some* to function

1 minute ago, akron said:

What level is your tracking station? I get sufficient signal in stock 1x scale. Not that it really matters what level you have, you only need *some* to function

This was in a 'Science Mode' save, so max level.

And it doesn't matter for control - but it does matter for science.  Science returned via relay gets a bonus that decreases with the signal strength.

15 minutes ago, DStaal said:

This was in a 'Science Mode' save, so max level.

And it doesn't matter for control - but it does matter for science.  Science returned via relay gets a bonus that decreases with the signal strength.

Not sure what you mean. Make sure you deploy them. Maybe you have a higher difficulty with a lower range. This is in Science mode, 'Moderate' difficulty:

0VR0J0y.png

Hello to all.

First, thanks for this great mod.

I am running ksp 1.3.1 with ProbePlus 0.16 beta.

I have installed into a clean new installation with only the necessities for testing.

I am unable to get any textures to change.  any ideas or new stuff that i might be needing.

I have made sure of the firespitter, MM, dmagic science mods but alas, no different textures and no errors being shown in log.

thanks for any ideas or help.

let me know if you wish to have the .log file(s).

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

link to the log files

above link takes you to both log files.  

let me know if i can supply anything else, and thanks for any and all help.

DrTedAstro.

Check your Textures Unlimited install. The folder shows up, but not the DLL for some reason. Since TU is installed, ProbesPlus defaults to it instead of Firespitter

14 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

That was it.  Fixed..

H'mm, i missed the Textures Unlimited as a dependency..

great fast help, much appreciated.

cheers. 

It's not really a dependency, but it does make the foil look nicer. If you don't have TU at all, it reverts back to Firespitter. You must have forgotten to remove the TU folder, so it tricked ModuleManager into thinking it was installed

9 minutes ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Hiya @akron! Everything good for the latest game version? I've finally bought it and gonna install mods again, and I can't live without yours. :cool:

Yes, everything is kosher in 1.4.X, just update Firespitter. I'd recommend you use the Github repository as it is designed and tested in 1.4.2

8 hours ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Thanks boss. :) Grabbing it now.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Actually, if others can let me know if the repo is working fine, I'd like to get that patch out.

This is almost ready anyway, though still working on the texture

M4LlMMD.png

ZNRWJDW.png

It's IUE, for the uninitiated. 

14 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

What scale is that? Because I loved the Contares IUE solar panels for super compact sample return craft. They just wrapped around a 0.625m stack like gloves, and provided enough power to keep a cruise stage alive past Duna...

IUE is a little bit bigger than that in KSP scale. 0.9375m diameter and about 1.5m long. The panels can still fit to a smaller satellite though.

I like the new telescope, will it have any functionality with Tarsier Space Technologies by chance? If it functions as it's own science experiment that's still nice.

Also do you have any plans to do a custom model for DMagics Irradiance Scanner? I've rather fallen in love with the black/gold colors of your mod, it would be nice to have a scanner that matched.

2 hours ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

I like the new telescope, will it have any functionality with Tarsier Space Technologies by chance? If it functions as it's own science experiment that's still nice.

Also do you have any plans to do a custom model for DMagics Irradiance Scanner? I've rather fallen in love with the black/gold colors of your mod, it would be nice to have a scanner that matched.

Thank you. Yes, I am working on TST compatibility + orbital telescope (DMagic).

Which one is the irradiance scanner? Is that the soil moisture one? If so, yes. But it's not very high priority right now. I gotta get Viking done first!