[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

Is this intended to be a part that people would use repeatedly on the same vessel, or just once? Unless someone is putting a dozen or so of them, 3500 polygons is not a lot. Some of the big fuel tanks are around 2k polygons, and the dish antenna is almost 6k, so I wouldn't spend too much time focused on getting the polygon count below an arbitrary number.

53 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

performed perfect! thanks for all the attention to detail.

Thanks! Sorry to remind you, but the Pioneer dish is coming as well. You might have a third version of this :P

30 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Is this intended to be a part that people would use repeatedly on the same vessel, or just once? Unless someone is putting a dozen or so of them, 3500 polygons is not a lot. Some of the big fuel tanks are around 2k polygons, and the dish antenna is almost 6k, so I wouldn't spend too much time focused on getting the polygon count below an arbitrary number.

I was not aware the stock poly count went up that high! Good to know. I might have some more detail to add. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What does it say on the side on the latest screenshot of Fregat..? 

ЛИНКОР :P

LINKOR, translates to Battleship. Fregat means Frigate. Coatl Aerospace East prides in bigger and better designs

Edited by akron

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

oh yes! Pioneer 11 coming soon :D

I look forward to it! Hopefully I can work on that dish a little bit this weekend. The propulsion stuff kinda took over my time.

I don't have many updates from tonight, other than the mod is now also available on Curse. Also, no dental appointment so the Twitch stream is definitely planned for Friday at 7 PM EST. The to-do list is: Linkor stage, Medium RCS, Pioneer Antenna, MC2 project, in no particular order after Linkor.

1 hour ago, ChickenBot448 said:

I LOVE this mod!

i haven't seen a mod like this for a while, and although there are some bugs, i can't wait for you to completely finish it!!!!!:lol: 

Thank you! If I may ask, what bugs are you referring to? I'd love to know so I can fix them :D 

Heartbeat! Sorry it has been a little slow in progress, just know that I am working a little bit on stuff here and there. Here a quick progress report.

Still not done with Fregat/Linkor. I got stuck trying to figure out how to do the engine bits (I am not knowledgeable in rocket design, yet). I've just affectionally been calling them things like valve covers and spark plugs. I did work on the structure. The hazard-striped structure is for mounting small payloads, there will be an alternate one for larger payloads. I also started doing the medium RCS nozzles and there is some progress below. I should have some more work done on these this longer weekend in between more car repairs and maintenance.

~Cheers

7 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hey, that looks super nice! Ping me when it's released and I'll do an RP config for it. :wink:

Awesome! thank you :D

3 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@akron This article has a good picture of the Leros engine which is on the Juno I hope it helps you

http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/06/29/junos-british-built-engine-readied-for-all-important-firing-at-jupiter/

That's good! Thanks. I wasn't planning on doing Leros, but let me see what openings I have after I get all my planned propulsion done. I am not opposed to adding it if it can fill a good spot.

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@akron This article has a good picture of the Leros engine which is on the Juno I hope it helps you

http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/06/29/junos-british-built-engine-readied-for-all-important-firing-at-jupiter/

@akron I already have a perfect visual for how to implement that engine (like, how to model it) I might just model it tonight if I stream and send it to you...

On 6/18/2016 at 4:03 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Fair enough; the issue is partly the spacing in "Coatl Aerospace" requires a FOR[CoatlAerospace] somewhere, or a ? or * in a NEEDS[Coatl?Aerospace]. At this point we're beating a dead horse.:)

Well I've been unable to play for about the last 10 days so had issued an update and PR to do this tiny syntax correction.  Well, upgraded to 1.1.3 today and started up a new game and lo and behold, the PP antennas were not configured at all.  Not even as regular data transmitters.  So, after a quite bit of extensive testing I have found that the '?' is not working for the NEEDS: statement nor will any other wildcard.  After digging through the MM thread I found a single comment from Sarbian that stated that wildcards will only work inside brackets on specific operators.  From what I can tell it's aimed a lot more at HAS statements and indexing than anything else.  As I know several people are using these antennas without using all of PP (shame on them) I didn't bother trying to change this over to a FOR statement just to prevent support requests in the future as I've mentioned before.  So...

With all this in mind, I've had to revert the patches to NEEDS[CoatlAerospace] for the syntax and all is well once again.  @akron Sorry about this but I have updated these and issued a new PR for you to revert the patches.

Edited by rasta013

7 hours ago, rasta013 said:

Well I've been unable to play for about the last 10 days so had issued an update and PR to do this tiny syntax correction.  Well, upgraded to 1.1.3 today and started up a new game and lo and behold, the PP antennas were not configured at all.  Not even as regular data transmitters.  So, after a quite bit of extensive testing I have found that the '?' is not working for the NEEDS: statement nor will any other wildcard.  After digging through the MM thread I found a single comment from Sarbian that stated that wildcards will only work inside brackets on specific operators.  From what I can tell it's aimed a lot more at HAS statements and indexing than anything else.  As I know several people are using these antennas without using all of PP (shame on them) I didn't bother trying to change this over to a FOR statement just to prevent support requests in the future as I've mentioned before.  So...

With all this in mind, I've had to revert the patches to NEEDS[CoatlAerospace] for the syntax and all is well once again.  @akron Sorry about this but I have updated these and issued a new PR for you to revert the patches.

No worries. Thank you so much for updating this!

On 6/29/2016 at 7:25 PM, akron said:

Thank you! If I may ask, what bugs are you referring to? I'd love to know so I can fix them :D 

There seems to be a problem with right clicking the parachute, i try and try and try to open the little pop-up menu, but it  doesn't show up! Most of the time, it only opens my kerbals, not the parachutes!

Edited by ChickenBot448

5 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

There seems to be a problem with right clicking the parachute, i try and try and try to open the little pop-up menu, but it  doesn't show up! Most of the time, it only opens my kerbals, not the parachutes!

My mod does not have a parachute (yet). You might be looking at another mod's part.

Sorry things have been a little quiet lately. Work and vehicle repairs have taken a bit of a toll. The current plan is to get back to the swing of things on Friday. I plan another stream at the usual 7pm EST to finish up what I have on my plate and get another solid Github update.

I may take a little break from the RCS and engine parts to get some solar panels and thermal parts done. I was looking at Juno (Go Juno!), MAVEN, OSIRIS-REx, HTV, and Venera/Fobos panels. Any other suggestions?