[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

37 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I didn't tested the Venera yet but the Surveyor is excellent there's just enough fuel to make a smooth landing, the parts are well made and very neat great job ! :)

Sweet. Thank you. Lemme know when you've tested Venera. That one's been cooking for less time, so I expect lots of unbalance and glitches. I already know about the attachment node weirdness.

16 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

Yes the surveyor have the engines and the base but cant figure out the rest

BrcGElB.png

Exploded view. 3x Vernier attached to the nodes by the legs. Retromotor goes "inside" the core, using its bottom node. HGA+Solar panel goes on the top off-set node. Camera and Omni antennas surface attached where you can fit them.

Sorry, this is all I got for now, I'll do more pics later. Maybe a craft file

EDIT: Look at this:

Surveyor_model_diagram.jpg

Edited by akron

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Dem pics & dat explanation gotta go in the ProbesPlus User's Guide .... \o/

I don't know... It may be easier to just keep providing craft files. Some of these builds are pretty tough to write a guide for. Surveyor alone has some nuances of its part placement and other crap like only one of the verniers actually gimbals. 

49 minutes ago, akron said:

I don't know... It may be easier to just keep providing craft files. Some of these builds are pretty tough to write a guide for. Surveyor alone has some nuances of its part placement and other crap like only one of the verniers actually gimbals. 

BAH!.... details, shmeetails...

Github has been updated. A couple of tweaks and two new parts to test, The Soil Scoop, and a new battery for Landvermesser. The soil arm has a quirky bug in the animation, known issue:

f5INbgl.png

I also started working on the Fomalhaut Site Survey Camera. I tried cheating and re-using textures, but I may need to make some new ones. WIP:

8R0uyQb.png

And this is how it attaches to the lander:

VJHMmJG.png

Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming!

~Cheers!

Edited by akron

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I hope you dont mind pics I did the Surveyor 3 mission using the FASA Atlas Centaur

http://imgur.com/a/Fdrqe

I wish someone would fix the album embedding for the forums 

Yes, I don't mind, have a it. It will be a nice trigger next time CobaltWolf is around here. :P

Very nice. Just one observation, you forgot to eject the solid retromotor before landing 

22 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Any chance of a CFG to make your antennae compatible with Kerbalism?

I could do it, if you like.

I already announced once that I want to make a big compatibility patch pack for Kerbalism, so consider I am taking orders. :wink:

22 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Any chance of a CFG to make your antennae compatible with Kerbalism?

12 minutes ago, APlayer said:

I already announced once that I want to make a big compatibility patch pack for Kerbalism, so consider I am taking orders. :wink:

Thank you for the suggestion and the offer. Let me take some time to look further into Kerbalism to see what it would take for support beyond just the antennae. I highly doubt users are downloading my mod for the antennae alone, and they're not all in one single folder anyway... so I'd prefer to see if everything can fit properly. If so, I may take you up on that offer, APlayer.

~cheers

1 hour ago, APlayer said:

I've had a go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hRsbsJ_xotd0Z3dzdmZ1FJdms/view?usp=drivesdk

...but I clearly didn't do it right.

Deploy's don't work. RT antenna don't work at all.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Even better if you can do it and I'll root through what you did and learn for next time.

Thanks in advance.

As the poll closed over the holidays, these are the results:

3f5lQhF.png

The top vote was "Prototype Projects" but it was under shady circumstances so I am penalizing the vote :P. This leaves the official top choice as "Cassini" and the runner-up being SCANSat/science requests.

Thus, here is the tentative plan:

1. Cassini/Huygens + accompanying science bits
  2. Surveyor Orbiter
  3. Surveyor Planetary Lander + Aeroshell
  4. SCANSat parts + Mission Controller 2 Parts
  5. Mariner 9 Body (Essentially the Viking Orbiter)
  6. Any more suggested/requested science bits not associated with a mission I am doing

This is subject to change, so post of your thoughts and you can still help guide the mod.

Speaking of feedback. Have any of you downloaded the GitHub test releases of Surveyor and Venera? I'd love some feedback to finalize those parts before moving on to Cassini.

Thanks!

EDIT: To clarify, MC2 parts will be donated to @malkuth to include in his Mod, not released with ProbePlus

EDIT2: Additional planned/cancelled or prototype missions are up for suggestions!

Edited by akron