[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

The size fits nearly perfect to Contares NEUTRON Launcher ... but all parts was to light on weight, never reach 4.7 or 4.9 tonns! :(

So my parts are too light? The SAR stack is 1.8 tons, the Fomalhaut stack should be around 2.1 tons, I think. Are you calculating 4.7-4.9 tons to orbit or to Eve?

3 minutes ago, akron said:

So my parts are too light? The SAR stack is 1.8 tons, the Fomalhaut stack should be around 2.1 tons, I think. Are you calculating 4.7-4.9 tons to orbit or to Eve?

i will check the weights at this evening again. KSP calculate a max. weight of 1.9 tonns with bus, solar panels (big), antenna, SAR and engine, based on last master download today, used in a stock KSP-world.

well ... out of your cfg's

ca_vor_comm 0,012  tonns
ca_vor_dish 0,1  tonns
ca_vor_engine 0,1  tonns
ca_vor_sar 0,16  tonns
vorona 0,16  tonns
formalhaut 0,16  tonns
ca_vor_tank 0,09  tonns
LFO 0,8  tonns
ca_vor_sp2 0,035  tonns
total 1,617

tonns

Edited by hraban

5 minutes ago, hraban said:

well ... out of your cfg's

ca_vor_comm 0,012  tonns
ca_vor_dish 0,1  tonns
ca_vor_engine 0,1  tonns
ca_vor_sar 0,16  tonns
vorona 0,16  tonns
formalhaut 0,16  tonns
ca_vor_tank 0,09  tonns
LFO 0,8  tonns
ca_vor_sp2 0,035  tonns
total 1,617

tonns

Well, looking at the configs does not take into account the mass of the propellant fuels and the ablator. That being said, the numbers could use some tweaking. I am definitely open to feedback.

6 minutes ago, akron said:

Well, looking at the configs does not take into account the mass of the propellant fuels and the ablator. That being said, the numbers could use some tweaking. I am definitely open to feedback.

LFO for ca_vor_tank is calculated. Only mass of 28 units of Monopropellant n vorona is missing (0,14 tonns) so a total of 1.757 tonns is given.

remove formalhaut and take a focus on ca_vor_sar. The weigt is 160 kg and not 1.8 tonns!

Edited by hraban

13 minutes ago, hraban said:

LFO for ca_vor_tank is calculated. Only mass of 28 units of Monopropellant n vorona is missing (0,14 tonns) so a total of 1.757 tonns is given.

remove formalhaut and take a focus on ca_vor_sar. The weigt is 160 kg and not 1.8 tonns!

Total mass by my count is:

SAR Stack 1832kg

Fomalhaut stack is 2032kg (Without ablator or science instruments)

The SAR weighs 160kg, as you said. The parachute and "empty" heatshield are each 100kg

Hi again :P

OK just want to say I have made a clean install of KSP and when I start I get these errors...or I think there errors not sure

Error in pc below

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/96105158910084380/8C6ECCFF754E59CC26B840123CB107F0EDC41B78/

Folder structer

http://imgur.com/a/1lHvE

KSP log

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aty6x5

KSP x64 folder log

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e7ih6v

1 minute ago, stk2008 said:

Hi again :P

OK just want to say I have made a clean install of KSP and when I start I get these errors...or I think there errors not sure

I'll take a look. It's probably something I did wrong with the Firespitter texture switching. @Stone Blue mentioned something like this before, but I was not able to track it down exactly.

7 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

thanks for looking :)

First hunch after looking at things is that some are triggering because I used a different material in Unity which is overridden by Firespitter texture switch, so ultimately it doesn't matter. The antenna error looks like it may also be Firespitter since I recently added texture switching to the Quetzal dish antenna.

I will investigate further, just let me know in the meantime if anything weird happens with the textures

Edited by akron

Voz3IHN.png

At work, no Photoshop

One Earth orbit ago, the first set of parts for the mod were released. Happy Birthday ProbesPlus!

I'll see what I can do about getting BETA 0.15 finished up today.

Edited by akron

Thanks @akron for making this mod and keeping it up over the past year.  I've really enjoyed playing with it, especially as I moved to RSS and realism.  The mod is not only a visual treat, but the all the functionality really makes unmanned exploration way more fun. 

I was experimenting with RSS the other day since I was going to use KSP+RSS for some visualizations and graphics for a project since STK is just plain ugly. I tried out the US Probes pack here. I was looking at all the fully built probes and was fascinated by the TDRS models specifically. Earlier in the thread I posted my simplistic but functional Barquetta based "TDRS" using the small BDB folding antenna's. So my question is this: is it possible to place on your roadmap some new designs for folding and expanding antenna like TDRS A-G and K-M after the conclusion of your current efforts?

I've always thought a variety realistic but still Kerbal-style folding antenna have been lacking. I know we got some options by other modders, but I think you are the man for the job with your distinct style and attention to detail, as well being able to seamlessly integrate with your existing series of buses. I think that it might be in scope of the Probes Plus since there could be a variety of uses depending on the configuration. For most of my antenna needs I'm using a mixture of Probes Plus, BDB, and even Contares (antenna only).

Thanks for your consideration and as always the wonderful work you do.

1 hour ago, thunder175 said:

Thanks for your consideration and as always the wonderful work you do.

Thank you for the suggestion. So, I may do something kinda similar to TDRS when I get to the communication/GPS sats that I want to do. However, I am saving the TDRS idea for my MC2 parts remake, I think that design fits better there

EDIT: Ninja update. I'm working on the last SCANsat part for this go-around. Multispectral scanner based on RALPH/ALICE from New Horizons

Edited by akron

Just wanna say how much I appreciate the work that goes into this mod and how amazing all of the parts look. I have not been able to play any save without this mod installed because any other satellite or probe cannot compare to the awesome looking ones that come out of this mod.

Thank you!

Thank you for the compliments! I wanted to put a call out for screenshots of your own probes for the mod's 0.15 album. Please only use parts from my mod + stock so as not to confuse others about what's included. DMagic orbital science is fine because it is a pre-req anyway.

You can hide the game's UI by pressing F2 and take a screenshot with F1

Edited by akron

16 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Do said screenshots have to be in the stock solar system? I have some with the outer planets pack and I think Stock Size RSS

Whatever System or planet pack you want. Let me know which and I'll annotate it on the screenshot. Thanks!

EDIT: I use Outer Planets with Scatterer and EVE + DistantObject on my screenshots

Edited by akron

On 3/22/2017 at 3:38 PM, akron said:

Whatever System or planet pack you want. Let me know which and I'll annotate it on the screenshot. Thanks!

EDIT: I use Outer Planets with Scatterer and EVE + DistantObject on my screenshots

I don't have such a computer, so I only use stock visuals

On 3/22/2017 at 5:52 PM, Spike88 said:

I was just browsing through the WIP parts list when I noticed that the CA-E100 and CA-E200 solar panels have the same imgur links.

uh oh. :P 

3 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

I don't have such a computer, so I only use stock visuals

If you want to send me a craft file, I can take the screenshot. I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with. I do spot my parts in Reddit albums, but not very often.

4 minutes ago, Uace24 said:

Is this mod RSS/RO compatible?

Yes, it is. But the newest parts might not yet have configs for them. Shout out to @Phineas Freak for updating these

To clarify, the configs are included with RO, not with my mod.

Edited by akron

Sorry I keep delaying stuff, but there are a couple of things I absolutely want to include in this update. There's 3 things I am working on in-between being sick this weekend: Multi-spec science, and two pieces for Voyager's propulsion module, one including a SRB based on the TE-M-364-4/Star 37E. The other is the truss with the shunt radiator and the course correction thrusters. If you still want to send me screenshots or craft files of your probes, or more suggestions/feedback, let me know.