[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

12 hours ago, DarthVader said:

I  have the latest version of DMagic Science, so I should have Dmagic Science Animate working.

DMOS actually uses custom modules and not the generic "ScienceAnimate." I think you still need the latest version of Science Animate. Go ahead and download it anyway and give it a try. Links are posted somewhere in the last couple of pages 

11 hours ago, akron said:

DMOS actually uses custom modules and not the generic "ScienceAnimate." I think you still need the latest version of Science Animate. Go ahead and download it anyway and give it a try. Links are posted somewhere in the last couple of pages 

got v0.18 of science animate, replaced the DMagic one. Still crashed.

4 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

I am trying this now, will post log.

Did not work, here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rj2rv3zy7yvj70/KSP.log?dl=0

I see a ton of theses errors:

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KopernicusSolarPanel'

Not just with my mod either. There are other errors with Kopernicus that make me think that there is a conflict.

@Knezz, your DM science animate is out of date. You guys please be sure to check that all your mods are up to date, not just mine and its dependencies, just in general.

58 minutes ago, akron said:

I see a ton of theses errors:

Not just with my mod either. There are other errors with Kopernicus that make me think that there is a conflict.

@Knezz, your DM science animate is out of date. You guys please be sure to check that all your mods are up to date, not just mine and its dependencies, just in general.

Thanks man, i updated DM science animate and kopernicus and everything is working!

On 7/16/2017 at 5:25 PM, Knezz said:

Thanks man, i updated DM science animate and kopernicus and everything is working!

I have Kopernicus 1.3.0-4, the latest version. i thought actually having MFI installed would fix all the things but it didn't. DmagicScianimate generic 0.18 didn't fix it. Gonna try clearing my MM cache.

edit: later found the fix, not having the proper Firespitter.

Edited by Kerbal01

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

I have Kopernicus 1.3.0-4, the latest version. i thought actually having MFI installed would fix all the things but it didn't. DmagicScianimate generic 0.18 didn't fix it. Gonna try clearing my MM cache.

Edit: that didn't work. Fix your mod man.

I don't know what to tell you. Everyone else who has posted recently with problems getting the mod to load has since gotten it fixed by updating something, often a dependency. Diligently go through your GameData and make sure everything is the correct version. If that doesn't work, check for conflicts, or just sit tight until the next version of ProbesPlus is released.

Steps taken today:

New fresh install of 1.3

Fresh copy's of Probes plus ( the latest from the master on the Git)

Firespitter 7.6.0

Dmagic Module Science Animate Generic 0.18.

Conclusion: It worked!

now testing on my main install.

ALLES IST BESTEN!

Edited by Kerbal01

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Assets\mat_cf_N.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Assets\mat_foilEdge_N.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Assets\mat_foil_N.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Assets\mat_stock_N.dds'

Just found.

I'm forcing DX11.

Edited by Gordon Dry

6 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Just found.

There is an issue open for this already in Github, but thank you. I think this is just an old reference left over from the Unity export of those models. Firespitter overwrites the texture loading for those parts, so it should be working. They're all normal maps so it could also be something I did wrong in the Firespitter texture switching config

Yeah, now I also see that ...

Using Total Commander Lister plugin to view file contents it happens sometimes that specific .dds are not supported, but others are - so I didn't recognize these files are really broken.

The header of a broken file says

DDS |                                                                        ATI2

while the header of a working file says

DDS |                                                                        DXT5

Update

Github repo updated

gyObWVV.png

Changelog so far:

Beta 0.15.1

New Parts:  

==Probe Cores==  
* CA-100B 'Landvermesser' B Core (Inspired by Surveyor B)  

==Antenna==  
* CA-A20-B HGA Antenna (Inspired by Surveyor B)  

==Electrical==  
* CA-ET120 Solar Array (Inspired by Surveyor B)

Updates/Fixes: 

* Corrected and added more Science results for GroundOps experiments  
* Updated SCANsat support for the new version 18.0  
* Fixed a symmetry issue in the Landvermesser lander core  
* Fixed a texture load error for all the normal maps (Thanks to Gordon Dry for the fix)  
* Fixed Node orientation on the Landvermesser HGA  
* Fixed Node and fairing issue on the Landvermesser core  
* Disabled antenna power upgrades!!!! To prevent a potential CommNet bug. Verify the DSN range to any active distant probes before upgrading to this version!!!  
* Updated Tweakscale configs (Thanks to JSO)  
* Updated RemoteTech configs (Thanks to Jimbodiah)  
* Updated included dependencies of Firespitter (Version 7.6.0) and DMagicScienceAnimate (Version 0.19) 

New parts are not yet fully balanced but let me know how well they fit so far. The Surveyor lander is likely to get a propellant capacity nerf, heads up!! Let me know how your testing goes and I can try and finish this release.

~cheers

Edited by akron

Looks like the solar panel's surface attach node is on the wrong side or something, the default placement makes it deploy 'inward' instead of 'outward', it needs to be rotated 180° in the editor to work normally: http://i.imgur.com/qHViz7G.png

The panel could possibly be lighter/produce less ec/s, but I'm not sure it could handle the ec requirement for that antenna then...

And perhaps the SAS level upgrade could be applied to Landvermesser/B and Fomalhaut too? They're the only ones who miss out.

4 hours ago, Rodger said:

Looks like the solar panel's surface attach node is on the wrong side or something, the default placement makes it deploy 'inward' instead of 'outward', it needs to be rotated 180° in the editor to work normally: http://i.imgur.com/qHViz7G.png

The panel could possibly be lighter/produce less ec/s, but I'm not sure it could handle the ec requirement for that antenna then...

And perhaps the SAS level upgrade could be applied to Landvermesser/B and Fomalhaut too? They're the only ones who miss out.

There is usually a lot of copy/paste when I make a part config. The solar panel is still being worked on. I will look at a SAS upgrade.