[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

3 hours ago, Hafym said:

_BMt2PcMe6g.jpgВот эта деталь меня не загружается и я не могу найти его в речь

I have one thing I can try. I'll upload a fix later when I'm at my home computer

1 hour ago, akron said:

У меня есть одна вещь, я могу попробовать. Я загружу исправить позже, когда я нахожусь на моем домашнем компьютере

thanks, I'll wait

On 3/26/2018 at 7:33 PM, viperwolf said:

@akron If i may

I would like to use your AACS Advanced Attitude Control System for a mechjeb case. Basically take all the guts out of the MJ case a put them into the AACS case. I like that little case for that purpose, but I also want to keep the Original aswell. Its for my personal use only, and Ive done this in the past with another part. However, your parts are set up way different than what im use to.

I got you fam.

*EDIT*

Looks like someone else had you, well if you'd like to save on part count I whipped up the following MM patches:
Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/JFx55dWU (This creates a new part from the AACS part but edits it to contain the Mechjeb case data)

Since this only includes the initial Mechjeb case you can use this alternate version to remove each of the initial Mechjeb cases parts (*Features2-4):
Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/T9ZV1HhC (I haven't tested this though, you may need the 3 additional parts unlocked to make the original case to work, however since the original has a module based off of research nodes I truly doubt this would be an issue)

Just create a text file anywhere (Mechjeb or Coatl folders are probably best unless you are like me and have your own folder for custom MM patches) and change the .txt to .cfg after pasting the text in the file and save.

Edited by shoe7ess

3 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

I got you fam.

*EDIT*

Looks like someone else had you, well if you'd like to save on part count I whipped up the following MM patches:
Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/JFx55dWU (This creates a new part from the AACS part but edits it to contain the Mechjeb case data)

Since this only includes the initial Mechjeb case you can use this alternate version to remove each of the initial Mechjeb cases parts (*Features2-4):
Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/T9ZV1HhC (I haven't tested this though, you may need the 3 additional parts unlocked to make the original case to work, however since the original has a module based off of research nodes I truly doubt this would be an issue)

Just create a text file anywhere (Mechjeb or Coatl folders are probably best unless you are like me and have your own folder for custom MM patches) and change the .txt to .cfg after pasting the text in the file and save.

I thank you very much for this and appreciate it. although i already have it figured out, i was only missing the dll folder. I just had no idea where the aacs dll folder was. Akron graciously helped me with that. I alos create my own folder for modded parts, but in this case i just used this in the mechjeb folder.  It seems to work correctly, I have two units, one OR and the new jeb case aka AR201. I just copied the ar202 cfg for the new case, added the dll and mu, renamed the path, and that worked .

1 hour ago, viperwolf said:

I thank you very much for this and appreciate it. although i already have it figured out, i was only missing the dll folder. I just had no idea where the aacs dll folder was. Akron graciously helped me with that. I alos create my own folder for modded parts, but in this case i just used this in the mechjeb folder.  It seems to work correctly, I have two units, one OR and the new jeb case aka AR201. I just copied the ar202 cfg for the new case, added the dll and mu, renamed the path, and that worked .

That's what the MM does, creates a second MechJeb unit that uses the model of the AACS, which saves yourself from loading additional meshes, models, and textures. Though with one part I can't imagine that would hit your CPU too much. Still, if you aim to do something similar in the future I'd highly suggest just using MM's +PART[*] syntax to save the game from loading in unnecessary extraneous files. Glad you got it worked out though :D

@Hafym @Gordon Dry New push out to the Github repo. If you're having issues with parts not showing up/partLoader errors, go ahead and install it and let me know if you still see issues.

Moving on to RCS fixes. Hopefully that part loading problem is solved. I am glad I could finally replicate in 1.4.2.

1 minute ago, akron said:

@Hafym @Gordon Dry New push out to the Github repo. If you're having issues with parts not showing up/partLoader errors, go ahead and install it and let me know if you still see issues.

Moving on to RCS fixes. Hopefully that part loading problem is solved. I am glad I could finally replicate in 1.4.2.

do you have 1.4.1 backport compatiblity? I do not intend to use 1.4.2 until the almost gamebreaking bugs are fixed.

Just now, LatiMacciato said:

do you have 1.4.1 backport compatiblity? I do not intend to use 1.4.2 until the almost gamebreaking bugs are fixed.

Not sure, really. But as a parts mod, I don't expect there to be any difference between using it in 1.4.1 instead of 1.4.2

12 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Lovely mod! Out of curiosity, is there Community Tech Tree integration/compatibility?

Thank you! There is no CTT integration yet as I have not really needed any new nodes. It is compatible since CTT just adds new nodes. If you think you see some parts that you think could use a specialized tech node, let me know

29 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

Where do I put the Decaying RTG config? couldn't find any instructions for it on the FAQ or in the ReadMe file

You can drop it anywhere in your GameData folder. If you want to keep it organized, drop it in GameData\Coatl Aerospace

14 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

None official, but it works fine as-is, albeit with a few graphics glitches that appear to be KSP's fault, not the mod. (Cough... Cough... RCS PLUMES! Cough)

Working on it!

21 minutes ago, bananasrawesome said:

Oh cool this thread is still active. Is the really cool mod still active? Any updates to KSP 1.4?

Yes, the mod is active and currently fixing issues with the 1.4.x update so I can get back to Viking. Though I may throw a part on two up before it (3 by my count :wink:)

I also wanted to point you guys to another one of my projects in collaboration with the team at Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) in the UK. Please check out the recently released mod and let us know what you think! This is a cool outreach project with a potential of more SSTL parts coming

8 hours ago, akron said:

Working on it!

Yes, the mod is active and currently fixing issues with the 1.4.x update so I can get back to Viking. Though I may throw a part on two up before it (3 by my count :wink:)

I also wanted to point you guys to another one of my projects in collaboration with the team at Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) in the UK. Please check out the recently released mod and let us know what you think! This is a cool outreach project with a potential of more SSTL parts coming

Looks really good,  going to check it out :D

i think i've got a slight problem, i don't know if its game based or mod based but  i updated Kerbal Reusability Expansion and installed NearFuturePropulsion and i also updated ProbePlus earlier and until now, Kerbnet Access via relays has worked. My Main Choice of Communications Devices has been Comm dishes available from ProbePlus and the dishes in use when i noticed Kerbnet not working are the CA-A100 x 3 in the form of a 3 Sat 120 degree Separation at 150km above Lunar Surface and a Single CA-D02 as the transmitter on my LOP-G mission which i just finished assembling in Lunar Orbit. using Mechjeb to Perform Rendezvous and Docking, i didn't notice i had no Comm-net on the Far side of the Moon until after. below i have provided my GameData and Output Log, should anything else be needed i will be happy to provide upon request. My First thoughts were that the Relays didn't have Line of Sight to both my ship and Kerbin which i checked at the time of noticing this problem i had 2 of the 3 Satellites in a Position with LOS to each other and Kerbin so its not a case of the satellites being improperly positioned. Given from the mods i have installed, ProbePlus is the only mod i have with Modded Communication devices hence why i posted here.

GameData: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TxBtvAy6bwNToX8pqSDVkXSUKLVUjRgO/view?usp=sharing

Outputlog https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYbjuFL4kOEKlVYCYmpZUsFxKbFtgquh/view?usp=sharing

14 hours ago, RyboSenpai said:

i think i've got a slight problem, i don't know if its game based or mod based but  i updated Kerbal Reusability Expansion and installed NearFuturePropulsion and i also updated ProbePlus earlier and until now, Kerbnet Access via relays has worked. My Main Choice of Communications Devices has been Comm dishes available from ProbePlus and the dishes in use when i noticed Kerbnet not working are the CA-A100 x 3 in the form of a 3 Sat 120 degree Separation at 150km above Lunar Surface and a Single CA-D02 as the transmitter on my LOP-G mission which i just finished assembling in Lunar Orbit. using Mechjeb to Perform Rendezvous and Docking, i didn't notice i had no Comm-net on the Far side of the Moon until after. below i have provided my GameData and Output Log, should anything else be needed i will be happy to provide upon request. My First thoughts were that the Relays didn't have Line of Sight to both my ship and Kerbin which i checked at the time of noticing this problem i had 2 of the 3 Satellites in a Position with LOS to each other and Kerbin so its not a case of the satellites being improperly positioned. Given from the mods i have installed, ProbePlus is the only mod i have with Modded Communication devices hence why i posted here.

GameData: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TxBtvAy6bwNToX8pqSDVkXSUKLVUjRgO/view?usp=sharing

Outputlog https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYbjuFL4kOEKlVYCYmpZUsFxKbFtgquh/view?usp=sharing

I am still looking through your log, but start by removing the older 2 ModuleManager DLLs. Only use one at a time. If you've recently update KRE, try going to back your older version. There's no reason the antenna would suddenly stop working if you've not changed anything with ProbesPlus

EDIT: What version of KSP are you running?

Edited by akron