Far Star Project

stellarator

This is an idea i came up with last day, i havent got any modding skills or knowledges so i let it here, if anyobody wnats to take part on that, feel free to do it, i will be very proud if my idea gets developped into a wonderful mode.

The idea is simple, but if im good in anything, is writting stories, so, after presenting the mod idea, i will tell you the story in Kerbal way. Lets start

"It was our greatest project until date"- Jebediah Kerman.

"I helped with the instruments, so when they told me that something was wrong, i couldnt believe it, so  i searched a second option. i couldn't be wrong!"- Bill Kerman

The Project Scout was developped as an atempt to explore distnat worlds, in other stars, using the Sun (Kerbol) as a gravitational lens to our infrarred telescope, and to use it to detect extrakerbol plantes and another stars. In addition, one of our cisntist suggested to send it out of ecliptic, to detect asteroids and minor planets while it was relatively closer to the Sun. 

To achieve that, the probe was sent to Jool, to use is gravitational influence to pull the probe out of the orbit plane and gain some extra velocity. 

The maneuver was a succesful and our probe was heading to their place on history.

DSV5EXH

Then, something happened.

The camera of the probe detected some irregular movements on the solar background, just at the other side of their orbit, farter than the Koort Cloud.

After some calculations and other extra stuff, data from all our probes across the solar system, we ended up in a conclusion, kerbol had a partner.

L4DGsOr

And this is the story.

The idea is to create another star orbiting into a very far orbit around kerbol (time of transit 12 years?), with two planets around it. One of them will be a brown dwarf, the other will be a little gian planet (mini-neptune)... The idea is that a probe entering the system could use the planets and the star to brake. Around the brown dwarf, an habitable planet (like laythe) will be orbiting, and two little moons. On the systems, it will be a little asyeroid ring and two or three big asteroids (somewhere between Ike and Minmus, with irregular shape).

The goal is to create a good target to colonies (with mks), and minning (stock or whatever else), as well as a far system, but capable of be reached without warp (with some interstellar engines or a burst stage (rhino+same diameter engine+infinite fuel, only to transfer maneuver, aerobrake and gravitational assistances on arrival)). The idea is to also design something like a campaign mode, where the mod suggest you objectives (first an unmaned probe to discover it, then a survey mission, orbiter, manned mission etc) that you can follow or not, (yes, contracts). As i said, i have not idea about how to make a mod like this, so i post it there, so anyone can bring it to life...  One of teh things that will made that mod different is that i pretended it to be a system designed to be easy to colonize, to travel, while mantaiing the difficults of the trip (as i said, the two planets would make easier the brake). It could be possible that hundreds or thousand of ideas like mine are in that forum, waiting for something, so i odnt order to do that, its only a suggestion, i would be very proud if from that idea, something cames to reality and one day, i could play with my designed solar system.

Thank you for reading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.