[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

Xp7Wa.png

Status: Released: Scroll down for downloads. KSPMM is no longer being developed. Instead, we are working on a new application here; http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57144-Mod-Manager-KSPMM-Reloaded-Alpha-1-1

Thanks for all your continued support trough the mess that was KSPMM. And we're hoping you'll enjoy our next mod manager as much as we enjoy coding it.

wefSn.png

If you want me to remove the mod pack from the example image above, please let me know.

Thanks to Lord Stimpy for making this for us!

Features: (That works right now)

• Fully working Search box, with 'X', clear search function.
  • Can list all files in '--MODS--' folder. (SORRY! No .rar's yet.)
  • Drag & Drop will add the dropped item in the list.
  • Detect if KSP is in the same folder, then enable the 'Launch KSP' button. If not, disable it.
  • Installing and uninstalling mods from the KSP directory.
  • Associate a certain file type (.KSPMM). So double clicking it will open in this program and add it.
  • Downloading mods with a direct link.
  • Own protocol, URL's starting with kspmm:// instead of http:// will be opened with this application.
  • In-built Semifully-working web-browser, Bridge. Works perfectly fine with SpacePort. Install mods with one click of a button automatically.
  • In-buildt Auto-updater
  • Mod packaging system (For mod makers) Dev-Kit avalible here!

In-Progress:

• Ability to disable/enable parts of a mod. To avoid mod overwriting and mod compatibility.
  • Support for .rar's (YES!!! Skipped the Planned, and got right into progress. 'Cus I'm awesome like that. :P)

Planned:

• A download filetype. For a mod to download another mod which it needs. Also a possibility to share ships which uses mods, and automatically download the mod which the ship uses.
  • And much more...

This planned list looks a bit thin, don't you think? Feel free to suggest more to fill it up!

Download

Note: As always, backup your saves. And start with a new clean install of KSP if this is the first time using this mod manager.

Current version: versionIMG.phpChangelog

Visit my site to download: http://kspmm.norway174.com/

Please post bugs & other issues here, instead of this thread; https://github.com/Norway174/KSPMM/issues

Thanks!

Since the forum crash, version 1.4.4.0 is the last actually download-able version.

Download: http://tiny.cc/KSPMM1440 - Installer is still 1.4.4.0, use the Updater to update to 1.4.5.1.

Download: http://bit.ly/NzGfcb

Main download: Kerbal Mod Manager Setup

Sourcecode: KSPMM-Sourcecode.zip

Note: Newer sourcecode can be found bellow. This one is for 1.4.0.0.

Sourceoce: KSPMM-Sourcecode.zip

-These links no longer function.

Download: Kerbal Mod Manager

Sourcecode: Sourcecode

kspmm:// Protocol

For best user experience with this program. Package your mods in .zip files.

If you would like to utilize the custom protocol to let users easily download your mod,

Simply take the direct link to your mod, and replace HTTP:// (Or HTTPS://) with KPSMM://.

For example:

kspmm://www.googlecode.com/mymod.zip

You can easily have that link along side with your original link.

That way people can choose.

UPDATE: (This is no longer needed! However, the site is still up if anyone needs it.)

After recent discovrey that the forums doesn't support linking to anything else than http://.

We've set up a web-site that redirects to KSPMM:// links automatically.

The address is: http://kspmm.norway174.com/Redirect/?m=

Just after the m= add the direct link to your .zip file, with kspmm:// instead of http://. Just like normal.

Suggested to use http://bitly.com/ or any other services if you want to shorten URL.

If you want to use kspmm:// on the forums. Please support us here, click me. It would really be appreciated.

Changelog

Moved to: http://kspmm.norway174.com/changelog/changelog.txt

Sourceode

As of version 1.5.6.3, the full Source code can be found at GitHub.

https://github.com/Norway174/KSPMM

The Team

Welcome Jgjiscool to our team too.

Now we are a three man team working hard to give you the best experience in downloading and installing mods.

<ul>

<li>Norway174</li>

<li>Semininja</li>

<li>Jgjiscool</li>

</ul>

Also, just thought I'd share a bit about myself.

I have experience in both VB.Net and PHP/HTML.

So I am fairly confident I can get everything in that planned list working.

Please let me know what you think, or if you any other ideas.

Criticism is always welcome.

Thank you for your time!''

Edited by technicalfool
Adfly link removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what the rules of bumping are here on the forums.

But this is just a friendly bump to let you know I have updated the [iurl=http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=14888.msg224824#msg224824]OP[/iurl].

And I was hoping for a few more comments on this. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. ;P

Just saying. Anyway, have a great day! And thanks for your interest and checking out the topic at least.

Edited by Norway174

Yay! Someone ACTUALLY has the motivation to do something impressive! I\'m going to keep working, but we\'ll try and make the packaging the same if you want?

Sure, I was actually kinda hoping for something like this.

What I had in mind was just a simple 'info.txt' file. Which has to be in the root folder. And will be ignored by the extracting sequence. And only extracted when it\'s needed. Such as adding the mod to the list.

The info.txt can either be user-made or automatically generated trough my own in-built system where you can package your mod and save it as a 'custom'-zip format (.KSPMM (Might change in the future)). So when double clicked it will be opened in this mod manager. That is however optional. It will still work in programs such as Winrar regardless.

What I\'m thinking is that it would be easier on all of us if we used the same info.txt file. So we can use that instead.

I have written a module to read and write to .ini files.

For example:

Key1=ValueThatBelongsToKey1

Key2=Value2

Just supply the Key1 and the file location to that text file. And it will retrieve the value from Key1.

Exactly like with .ini files. But I didn\'t find anything in VB.net that does that. So I wrote one myself.

The advantage of this is that it\'s very easy to read and easy to edit just in notepad.

For now I\'m planning on storing the version, and mod name. Mod name is optional. If it can\'t find one, then it will use the filename from the .zip.

Let me know if you would like to take a look at my module. Although I don\'t comment my code much so it might be a mess. And I\'m not really sure if it working outside Visual Studio 2010.

Or if you have any other idea how to do this. Please let me know. I\'m open for suggestions.

Although I\'m not functionally retarded it can certainly seem that way with some of the questions I ask. I know this about myself and I\'m comfortable with it so don\'t worry about offending me by ridiculing me mercilessly. Having said all that....

Where is the download link? I cant find it. :D

The program looks great! I look forward to seeing it develop.

Hehe. There is no download link yet.

However, I\'m very close to a release.

I just completed the part detection and such yesterday.

All I need to implement is a way to detect what .craft files goes into which folder.

Which would be just to read the 'Type = <value>' field in the .craft file.

After that, it\'s ready for it\'s first Alpha Release. So be sure to check back often. ;)

Some addons does... Other doesn\'t. So it\'s better to be prepared, right?

Also, the current way it works, it will also delete the .craft file added by the mod when the mod is deleted.

You can manually remove that by removing the .craft file location in the installation .txt file.

Well, I loaded all of my mod downloads into the --MODS-- folder, and they show up in the list, but when I try to enable one of them, I get an error. Here\'s the contents of the dialog that pops up, and I hope there\'s something useful in there.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex)
at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1.ExtractFiles(Object ModZipFile)
at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1.EnableDisableMod()
at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1._Lambda$__12(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kerbal Space Program Mod Manager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nikolai/Dropbox/KSP_win/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Ionic.Zip
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nikolai/Dropbox/KSP_win/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging='true' />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also, the double-click-to-open and the drag-and-drop don\'t seem to work on my computer.

Wind7, 64 bit.

Well, I loaded all of my mod downloads into the --MODS-- folder, and they show up in the list, but when I try to enable one of them, I get an error. Here\'s the contents of the dialog that pops up, and I hope there\'s something useful in there.

-snip-

Also, the double-click-to-open and the drag-and-drop don\'t seem to work on my computer.

Wind7, 64 bit.

Hmm... Any chance any of your mods is a .rar file?

This is kinda my fault, the dll I use doesn\'t support rar files. Only zip.

And I never said that anywhere.

Also, the double click is not yet added, nor is it trough the 'File' option. Only placing the mods in the --MODS-- folder, or Drag&Drop. I\'ll look into your error.

It\'s something it can\'t loop trough I guess, since the value is too low than what\'s it\'s trying to use. Which will result in that error. Exactly what\'s causing it, I can\'t tell for sure.

Any chance you could let me know which mod you tried to enable? Does the same happen if you try and enable another mod, or is it with all mods?

There are a couple .rar archives in the folder, so I\'ll try it without those in there, but it seems to be doing that with any that I try to use. Lemme take out the .rar files and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Well, I took out the .rar archives and it still does the same thing, so I\'m going to try something I should have done before I posted the first time: start with a clean install.

EDIT 2: Nope. Same thing...

@semininja;

Hmm... That\'s weird. I\'ll look into it.

I will be leaving for my dad in a few hours. So I\'ll have a whole week just to mess around with this application.

So espect expect a new release very shortly. Maybe that\'ll fix a few things up. If not, we\'ll have to take a closer look. You might not be the only one. (And even if you where, I\'m still gonna make it work for you too. ;D )

Edit: May I ask what mods you where using? Or trying to enable?

When I try to add certain mods, I\'m getting many an unhandled exception with the Parameter name: startIndex saying that it cannot be less than zero.

at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1._Lambda$__6(Object a0, DataGridViewCellEventArgs a1)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellDoubleClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///I:/KSP_win/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

Ionic.Zip

CodeBase: file:///I:/KSP_win/Ionic.Zip.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

When I try to add certain mods, I\'m getting many an unhandled exception with the Parameter name: startIndex saying that it cannot be less than zero.

at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1._Lambda$__6(Object a0, DataGridViewCellEventArgs a1)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellDoubleClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///I:/KSP_win/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

System

System.Core

System.Windows.Forms

System.Drawing

System.Runtime.Remoting

System.Data

System.Xml

System.Numerics

Ionic.Zip

CodeBase: file:///I:/KSP_win/Ionic.Zip.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

What mods where you trying to install?

And if you wait a little bit longer. I\'m uploading a new version now as we speak. It\'s a pretty huge update too. Adds lot\'s of new features.

Edit: Just updated. Check the OP.

Also, I\'m trying to be as active on IRC as much as possible. Feel free to hit me up on there if anyone wants to chat. I will also do my best to try and help you out if you encounter any problems.

Good news, Semininja and Binford.

I\'ve managed to recreate the error you guys had. Which means I will be able to fix it.

So expect a new small release soon.

Edit: Fixed! Download 1.2.2.0 from the op. And you should be all set.

And if you encounter any more problems. Please let met know.

Happy launching!

Good news, Semininja and Binford.

I\'ve managed to recreate the error you guys had. Which means I will be able to fix it.

So expect a new small release soon.

Cool!

It\'s nice to have developers who talk to their users... (KSP influence? :) )

Hehe. Just doing what I love to do. ^_^

Edit: Just discovered another bug, as a result from the previous bug fix.

It\'s just a small one. And everything should still work. This bug doesn\'t affect that much.

But still be a lookout if something wrong happens while enabling a mod. The worst that could happen is the dll ending up in a plugins folder which then will be another sub-folder for the mod. Which is not supposed to be there.

The disabling part of the mod still works. So I suggest you first do that, and then delete the folder. If it should happen to occur. But as said, it\'s a small one. So won\'t likely happen until I release the next version.

Edit: FIXED! Check for version 1.2.3.0 in the OP.

Edit again: Don\'t check for version 1.2.3.0 in the OP! That was lie.

The current version is 1.4.0.0.

Also, after that. There\'s no need to download the installer again. It has an Auto Update feature!

@Maxibon: It should be as simple as double clicking it again once it\'s enabled.

Enabling/Disabling is the same button. Not sure of the button text updates itself depending on the selected mod in question. But it should do, unless I broke it somehow.

If that doesn\'t work. Try letting us know what Semininja said. It might be something with the mod.

Edit: Just tested. The Enabled button doesn\'t update itself. I did somehow break it. However, it\'s only a visual bug.

Which will be fixed in the next version.

Nice plugin. I do have one suggestion, though. You could use 7zips DLL to support most mod files. I am highly certain I read on their site that they allow the use of it, might want to double check that first so you don\'t get into legal trouble. 7zips DLL can even help with making your own mod packaging system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.