[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

What host are/were you using? If you need something temporarily until you figure things out, I'm happy to lend my hosting to this project (I'm barely using it for anything anyway haha).

Our first host was Heliohost. It's good. But the server we where on had lot's of Downtime. Then the one we've tried now is 000Web-host. Which apparently let us direct linking to stuff to make them download-able. Such as the .exe. And the .txt file used for KSPMM.

And if you could temporarily lend us some hosting space, it would be very much appreciated.

PM me if you'd like to talk some further.

Maybe you can build in a feature like in the "Plan-o-Tron", that the manager can scan you ship lists and persistant file for the parts that are actually needed, and auto-select the mods/parts. For the ship list: Let it choose you, which craft you would like to use and also auto-select the needed parts. All optional of course, so it doesn't automatically scan and select the parts.

Maybe you could have a look at the "Plan-o-Tron" how the author did it there. Seems he's not developing the tool anymore...but i like the idea behind it

I am terrible sorry. But the download links are broken. Yes. I think all of them. Our host went down. And it's been down a long while now.

But we've been talking to NightKev, about borrowing some space from him. Until we can find our own. Or the old one comes back.

So I think we've have next version ready in about 24 hours or so. This is not because of us and we're lazy. This is because that's how long it usually takes a domain to update. Unfortunately.

And disabling/enabling parts of a mod is something that I am currently working on. But I never got around finishing it, due to all the problems with the Web-host. And bug fixes. And other new cool features. (Well, okay the other cool new features I implemented mostly because I was bored. But, I think they're still pretty awesome.)

But it's still in development stage, so there's still plenty of room for anything to happen. And I will see what I can do about it eventually.

I first need to get enabling/disabling part of the code working first too.

• 6 months later...

I'm hoping it still is. Just been busy with other things... So I haven't updated in a while.

However, everything should still work. Regardless of KSP version.

Edit: Also, I would like to apologize for the amount of ad's on my page. It's ridiculous. I didn't even notice them just until recently.

It was my host that apparently upgraded my account from a small site to a big site. Probably due the large amount of traffic I where getting.

So thanks for the interest in my application, and sorry for the ads. Just get an Ad Block or something, and you won't notice it at all though. ;)

Edited by Norway174

I'm also working on something like this, but mine is more to teach me C#. As a procedural PHPer for the last 10 years... OOP can be dumb sometimes.

I can't do C#. I don't know why, but it doesn't work well with me. (Question, in what ways is C#/++ better than VB.Net?) But I know enough of it to partially convert C# programs to VB.

I can't do C#. I don't know why, but it doesn't work well with me. (Question, in what ways is C#/++ better than VB.Net?) But I know enough of it to partially convert C# programs to VB.

I only chose C# because I have a friend who does .NET development for a living and said "Do C#". No clue, otherwise.

Love the program and been using this for awhile now. But since yesterday I have had a problem preventing me from using it. When I try to open I get this "unhandled exception has occurred in your application.." and at the bottom it says "cannot read that as a ZipFile" I hit continue and it opens the program but will not allow me to add a mod. When I click "add mod" it lets me choose the file just like normal but when I click it and try to open it the same exact error displays and doesn't add it to the menu. Any ideas? Thanks.

@sokid2k; Could be because you have a non-zip file in the MODS folder? Although I was sure I made it skip non-zips. But it could have been reverted by a mistake while I was working on rar's. Or a zip-file could me damaged/corrupt? Can you open all the mods in any archiver, for example WinRAR?

@Vanderburg and @ROFLCopter64bit; Personally, I just prefer VB.net. It's so much more cleaner in my opinion. And so far, I haven't seen anything in C#/++ that you can't do in VB.Net either. There's even online converters out there that will let you convert entire source codes into your chosen language. I have actually done that with a few C# snippets into VB.net for a few other projects in the past.

So even if you can't find tutorials for what you need in VB.net. You can always look into C#/++ and just convert it later.

@Nicky89107; Haven't tried with that many mods. But hoping it will! :)

And another Thank You. I was not looking forward to manually managing alot of mods, now it will be much easier to deal with. Haven't installed any mods yet, or this manager, just getting lost in the forum and downloading what I think I will use.

Can't really give you the specifics but C is a much faster language the VB. That's why basic hasn't been used for gaming since the Commodore era. I do most of my work in VB because basic was the first language I learned but some things I do in C because of the speed. Of course since I started on phone apps I work mostly in java but I am brushing up on my C# so I can start converting them to iPhone.

Btw, Norway your signature leads to a broken link.

Edited by Soulshifter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.