Direwolf Industries

Here I will be posting my designs. Some of them are ordinary while others are out of this world.

STOCK
Planes:
Quadane I

A four winged twin hull passenger jet capable of carrying 200 kerbals. That's right, 200! Including pilots!
It's a little sluggish when it comes to controls, and it requires you to run off the runway to take off, but it DOES fly.
Make sure to stock your snacks off, otherwise you won't be able to keep the Kerbals happy through out the journey.
It comes with over 8000 Kiters of fuel!
Permission is given to make modifications to the aircraft, but not to post a download of the modified design please! Pictures are also welcome of your flight, or modifications!

Spoiler

Download (Dropbox)

Heliplane I

Okay, this one is... very odd.

I made this plane based off this picture. I believe it is supposed to be a hybrid helicopter/plane, sort of like an osprey. I believe it achieves this by locking the rotor blades in place during plane flight, and they release during heli flight. Anyway, I had fun making it. Here are some pics:

Hotkeys:
1) Activate main engines
2) Activate afterburner - main engines
3) Activate VTOL engine
4) Activate afterburner - VTOL engine

Note: The VTOL engine does not lift the craft.
Note 2: On take off, turn on all engines, then turn on afterburners before releasing brakes.
Note 3: Tap WASD, do NOT hold them, to turn
Note 4: Hold down S then immediately W to pull a Top Gun
Note 5: Hold S to SALTIL
Note 6: For how ungodly unstable this plane is, it actually recovers just as fast, which surprised me. Have fun trying to control this bucking bronco!
Note 7: The VTOL engine in AFB mode will help a LITTLE while turning, but not a lot.
Note 8: Good luck trying to land safely.

Here are some pics:

Spoiler

Download (Dropbox)

P.S. I would LOVE it if someone could make a video about this plane!

ACE COMBAT 'S ADFX-01 MORGAN

This build was inspired by the plane of the same name from the Ace Combat series. Here are two pics of the aircraft:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/acecombat/images/6/6f/02_Morgan.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20130903030812
http://pre03.deviantart.net/eba9/th/pre/f/2010/210/c/f/adfx_01_morgan_by_bagera3005.png

The iconic feature of the Morgan and it's big brother, the Falken, are that they both come equipped with super huge engines, and have unique weapons. In game the Morgan comes with a laser system, a giant missile which has enough explosive power to cover an area roughly the width of a 747, airbus a380, or worse the an-225, and ECM pods.

This plane is my favorite of the series, the 2nd being the CFA-44 because of a special weapon which launches around 30 missiles at once which can hit a target with the up most precision.

This plane does lag my laptop when all weapons are on board. If you don't want the weapons, feel free to remove them. Part count is 175(Roughly)

Pics in game:

Spoiler

Download

Stock Soyuz

I made a stock rendition of the Soyuz. Flies great, stable, gets up to orbit fine, though I use Gravity Turn to get my rockets into space a lot, so Idk how it handles without it.

Comes with vernier engines and landing SRBs, though they don't do anything really.

Pics:

Spoiler

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iam0xmz4slc5isw/Stock%20Soyuz.craft?dl=0

XP-104-C Space Arrow (For 1.1)

Direwolf Industries has been working on this Space Shuttle for a good while, but due to wheels being breakable at low speeds prior to 1.1, we have withheld this design from the public, only allow a select few to fly this unique shuttle. But thanks to them, their advice, and 1.1's new wheels, we are finally proud to release it to the public. Meet the XP-104-C Space Arrow! This shuttle can get a fully fueled 2.5 half tank into LKO, with only drops of fuel left(Does not use any fuel from the dummy payload tank). The ascent requires a very precise plan as not to waste any fuel.

Production process:
XP-104 was the initial design, looking like a elongated space shuttle with butterfly tail. Cons: Couldn't raise nose to land safely.
XP-104-B added canards as well as jet engines for powered gliding capability. Yes, powered gliding, they do not allow full flight. Cons: Could raise nose, but would break apart on landing, even at low speeds
XP-104-C Elongated the front of the delta wing where it meets the shuttle. Changed design of canard and moved canards closer to the nose. The tips of the delta wings where extended. Drogue chutes added to help with braking. Bigger nose gear. Cons: Extra weight limits payload capability.

Pictues:

Spoiler

Disclaimer: May bounce above 10 m/s and at higher vertical speeds front wheel may brake/explode while landing. Direwolf Industries is not responsible for wheel breakage or LOCV. Any damage, LOCV, or scratching of paint is the sole responsibility of the flyer/pilot. By flying the XP-104-C Space Arrow you (The pilot/player/flyer) agree to waver DIrewolf Industries and GoldForest of any and all responsibility of this aircraft/spaceplane after it leaves the factory floor(Dropbox).

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/31scv1xub3lm2zl/XP-104C.rar?dl=0

Action Groups:
Brakes: Brakes, drogue chutes, tail airbrake
1: Reverse Engines

Edited by GoldForest
New Craft

Lovely designs, wacky acrobatics!

Though you might want to remove the albums from the spoiler-stuff. Mozilla dislikes it (up until now I thought everything dislikes it, but just checked gf's laptop). But pretty pictures please the eye anyways.

9 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Lovely designs, wacky acrobatics!

Though you might want to remove the albums from the spoiler-stuff. Mozilla dislikes it (up until now I thought everything dislikes it, but just checked gf's laptop). But pretty pictures please the eye anyways.

I put the albums in spoilers so it wouldn't take up to much space, but I'll think about taking them away.

And thanks for the compliment. In honest truth, the heliplane is the first aircraft that I used the editors tools on, and the first plane I tried my best to make look like the picture. Lot of clipping parts were used lol

Glad you like it. Which one do you like more? The giant 200 Kerbal hauler, or the SALTIL plane?

10 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Which one do you like more?

Giant twin-liner of course. The spaceplane enthusiast in me instantly started to wonder how should I take something like this to orbit. Though probably not with 200 kerbals.

I was more impressed with the 180° flip of the heliplane without gaining height, than the actual design. Most likely that's because I see some stock helicopters that's actually lifted by rotors. Those are the silliest contraptions of ever. I'm also a layman in aeronautics, so I never thought it's an actual replica. Though I wonder what wacky stunts could be pulled off with that down-facing engine.

4 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Giant twin-liner of course. The spaceplane enthusiast in me instantly started to wonder how should I take something like this to orbit. Though probably not with 200 kerbals.

I was more impressed with the 180° flip of the heliplane without gaining height, than the actual design. Most likely that's because I see some stock helicopters that's actually lifted by rotors. Those are the silliest contraptions of ever. I'm also a layman in aeronautics, so I never thought it's an actual replica. Though I wonder what wacky stunts could be pulled off with that down-facing engine.

The heliplane can actually do a full 360 backflip without losing or gaining altitude too much. Also, the VTOL engine really doesn't do much. Doesn't provide enough lift for it to really push the plane. It does help during landing though.

If you liked the twin-liner, I got something else in the works. I'm also thinking up designs for a helipane II already. I really enjoyed flying and making the first one, that I just have to give it a sequel.

3 hours ago, FlipNascar said:

Y'know, you could take that Heliplane one step further... It is possible to build a pseudo-gyrocopter in KSP.. Some interesting originality!

I wouldn't know how to do that. Something about docking ports and wheels I know. You have my permission to try and do that, if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.