it MIGHT work

Perotis

Only one way to find out! :D

That said... I'm looking at those two small side boosters, and I'm wondering about their exhaust.  If those boosters fire with everything else, could their exhaust overheat the core stage?  If so, you could be looking at an explosive ending to your mission.

I don't see why this wouldn't work... It's hard to guess if you will have enough SAS and/or Gimbal to compensate the drag but that's another question.

For very draggy rocket, the trick is to Launch STRAIGHT UP until 25km-35km (depending how much your SAS-Gimbal can overtake the drag). The idea is that once you get to 35km, there isn't much air left to make you spin... THEN you make your (quite abrupt) gravity turn.

I launch silly stuff like that (and way worst) all the time. You just have to use the less-than-efficient launch profile I mention and pack up a bit more delta-V to compensate. I plan for ~4500m/s and that's usually enough to make orbit with a little margin even with horribly draggy stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.