Falcon 9!

VenomousRequiem

Hello everyone! I recently obtained some files and were told to look after them, so here you go!

I myself haven't done any of the modeling or texturing But I did do a lot of config editing. Mostly rewriting RP configs, names, discriptions, etc...

Download Link:

Dev Release. Still kinda funky.

If the Mods take this down because license issues, I'll need help understanding how to do that...

Credits:

Myself- Pretty much nothing! :)

@DECQ- Falcon 9 Models and textures

@MeCripp- Helping me figure out how the hell stock fairings work

License:

Haven't quite figured this one out yet either... Advice? Do I even need one?

Edited by VenomousRequiem

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, drekerb42 said:

Venom. May I like contribute? Are there descriptions on parts or Anything missing that I can do? (Nothing that makes me have to be smart)

I mean... I need to figure out how to make the payload fairing adapter a procedural fairing. Like the Stock kind.

Anywho, I'm just not going to include the payload adapter for now. If you want to play with it, be my guest! Supports RealPlumes, Still a little goofy, but have fun!

14 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I mean... I need to figure out how to make the payload fairing adapter a procedural fairing. Like the Stock kind.

Anywho, I'm just not going to include the payload adapter for now. If you want to play with it, be my guest! Supports RealPlumes, Still a little goofy, but have fun!

There is an option to change the stock fairing and paint texture under the appearance F9?

5 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing but I don't know how to make procedural fairings work. :P

But as far as I remember the stock fairing very well suited for it, or the size of the Rocket changed? I think very few people know (if ever know) how to make a fairing, but can be done by changing the texture F9 style and it will work.

2 minutes ago, DECQ said:

But as far as I remember the stock fairing very well suited for it, or the size of the Rocket changed? I think very few people know (if ever know) how to make a fairing, but can be done by changing the texture F9 style and it will work.

No, the size of the rocket is the same. I'm thinking I'm just not going to include the payload adapter because I broke its config with various experiments with fairings... I recommend Procedural Fairings tbh

3 hours ago, drekerb42 said:

THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST NONCLUTTERED SPACEX MOD IVE EVER TRIED!

I'm glad you like it, thanks. :)

3 hours ago, drekerb42 said:

@VenomousRequiem First off all, off topic, I am devastated at the moment because KerbalStuff shut down... I will play with it. Thanks Ven.

Why did KerbalStuff shut down?? You can't make me go back to Curse! I won't go! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

License:

Haven't quite figured this one out yet either... Advice? Do I even need one?

I always use a Creative Commons license. My texture pack is Share Alike (you can remix/adapt/change the pack and redistribute as long as you use the same license), Attribute (you can do all that other stuff as long as you recognize the original author), Non-Commercial (can't charge for the stuff you redistribute). You can also choose to protect your work (can't redistribute at all, or without permission) etc.

Like what @MainSailor said, CC is pretty much the way to go. My mod and many other mods use the CC-BY-NC-SA, which in my opinion is the perfect license. This one allows people to build off your work and redistribute so long as they use the same license, don't make money off of it, make clear what changes they made, and give you credit. It's all about what you want, however.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.