Configuring input power

First off, let me just say that from a couple year ago when I first started building parts this group has come a   l  o n g  w a y  in terms of improvements.  What I have done:

We need however some just basic glossary of terms somewhere, and the term defined like raycasttransformed = (this is what it does, this is how to employ it). . . . . . alphabetized and stickied. It would be nice to see an index at the begin than a headed paragraph on each keyword.  The KSP specific area that hung me up were these terms and thrustVectorTransformName, animationName, and raycastTransformName.

Built a new, from scratch, ION drive complete with emmissive - would absolutely not have been possible without the tutorials.
Built a new, from scratch, Solar panel (10 meters by 100 meters, no joke), extendable non tracking (on purpose) solar panel. - animation would not have been possible without tutorials and searches here
Built from scratch a new set of lattice elements (including 5 meter long aluminun poles, corners, T, 30 angles, pole anchors.

So here is the basic issue. Im trying to control the power input for my ion drive.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngines
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = False
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 0.001
        heatProduction = 0
        EngineType = Electric
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            ratio = 70
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = XenonGas
            ratio = 0.1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 9000
            key = 1 100
            key = 1.2 0.001
        }
    }

So basically this is it, I want to burn 70 units of electricity a second (For my panels im equating a unit to a kilowatt, the ion drive needs to burn 70 units per 0.001 thrust the xenon gas used then needs to be used accordingly to the ISP which is 9000. How to do?

Im not exactly sure how electric charge is managed in an ion engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.