Jool 5 Mission, ISRU level with a payload

rudi1291

Hello,

this is my first entry here. I wanted to share my Jool 5 mission with you. Thought about this for a few months now, but never had enough time to do it. But, the mission:

It´s an IRSU level entry, and because thats not enough, i´ve put a station on my ship, that i´ll leave at Jool when i return. The ISRU unit is built into that station.vXWEg6r.png

Mods used are: KER, MJ (call me lazy, if you want ;)), Kerbal Alarm Clock, NavHud, AntennaRange, EVE, scatterer, Planetshine

Part 1: Planning

Part 2: Orbital construction

Part 3: Journey to Jool and first mining run

Part 4: Mining on Pol

Part 5: Laythe

Part 6: Tylo and Vall

Part 7: Bop and back to Kerbin

Edited by rudi1291

@rudi1291

Hi :)

Nice work !

You should just add some more batteries on your ISRU Scanner, i almost could not send the data of the Tylo scanning in my mission with 1100 ElectricCharge... (Had to put on fuel cells while sending the data to have the scanning ok)

I just did some testing, you need 1200 EC for Tylo Scanning with the communotron 88-88 antenna, and about 800 with the other antennas.

Fly safe with Valentina :)

Edited by astrobond

1 hour ago, astrobond said:

@rudi1291

Hi :)

Nice work !

You should just add some more batteries on your ISRU Scanner, i almost could not send the data of the Tylo scanning in my mission with 1100 ElectricCharge... (Had to put on fuel cells while sending the data to have the scanning ok)

I just did some testing, you need 1200 EC for Tylo Scanning with the communotron 88-88 antenna, and about 800 with the other antennas.

Fly safe with Valentina :)

Thanks, almost forgot about that!

4 hours ago, rudi1291 said:

Update: Part 2 is finished and it contains a lot of pictures. The mission ship is now ready in Kerbin orbit!

Good luck! Give Tylo a kick from me. He deserves a kick really.:D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.