sass

Sigma88

Sigma dimensions is a rescale mod.

If you want rss planets but smaller you just need to install rss and sigma dimension

And set in the sigma dimensions setting the rescale you want

Which should be more or less these:

Resize = 0.1

Rescale = 0.1

dayLenghtMultiplier = 0.25

Atmosphere = 0.75

34 minutes ago, blacsky33 said:

blackrack told me that it is possible to make ur mod compatible with scatterer but need some config to work.

yes, but at the moment the only way would be to add the files directly inside Scatterer's folder, and I don't want to do that.

but as soon as Scatterer will allow to edit the configs via modulemanager I will make sure to make a compatibility patch

for E.V.E. there is another problem: I don't know of any cloud pack that could be made compatible with this mod.

maybe RVE, but I haven't looked at it honestly

52 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

I noticed you made Saru oblate, any chance you could tell me how you achieved that on a Gas Giant? It looks really cool and it would be interesting to incorporate that into the normal Saru pack.

Hi tygoo,

Right now the code is a bit hacky but in the next kopernicus release it should be possible to just add a pqs mod to the planet ;) 

Keep in mind tho that the atmosphere can only be spherical, so you will have a thicker atmo at the poles :)

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Might have to use this and Dimensions to make a 6.4k one and play around with it. So many choices! :D 

well, SigmaDimensions is required so it is pretty easy to get a 6.4k rescale.

but, if you want to play this mod on a bigger scale, I would suggest you try the feature that comes with this mod (RealSizeSystem).

this is a ~10x resize (radius) with a ~11x rescale (orbit)

the nice thing about this rescale is that the system will be an accurate reproduction of the solar system (radius and orbit- wise)

the position of the planets and their orbital period is also more or less consistent with the real ones, so if you set the KSP clock to Earth time, Year 1 Day 1 will will represent the position of planets of Jan 1st 2000.

(and if you timewarp to Day 56 Year 17 you will see the position of planets today)

by the way, this feature is present with the stock-sized version too. If you go to Kerbin Day 65 Kerbin Year 17 you will see the position of the planets today

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Here goes a good question:

Ive looked through the repository and saw nothing about this, how exactly do you get specific planets from the planet packs when they edit the same bodies?

Thankfully each mod is applied at a different time, so I make  copy in between mods and reset the stock planets to their original state.

A small preview of what you'll find in the next release of

Stock-alike Solar System

Ovok didn't really struck me as a proper Vesta analogue, since Vesta is more an oblate ellipsoid while ovok is more similar to a triaxial ellipsoid so I decided to make a couple of changes:

1. Added Sentar Expansion (from @Borisbee ) as a required planet pack
  2. Inaccessable used as the new Vesta analogue
  3. Ovok's shape changed, the body will be used as an Haumea analogue
  4. added two procedural asteroid moons to Haumea

Possibly more features will be added to the system, those listed here are the ones I've already completed.

Photos:

Inaccessable as the new Vesta
jNt1rzV.png

The new Ovok as Haumea
pXbIvcu.png
                                                             *ignore the rings in the background

Edited by Sigma88

15 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

I'm making something very similar to this.

the only thing that really looks the same is the Duna System.

The aim of this mod is to showcase the potential of Kopernicus and SigmaDimensions

as well as to put on the spotlight some of the planet packs I consider the best available

reproducing the real solar system is just an expedient, a mean to an end.

unless you're copy/pasting stuff from my mod into yours (it has happened more times that you would expect), I don't think there will be any problems or overlaps :)

Edited by Sigma88

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, saturnsrings said:

Does it have to be kerbol plus remade or can it be normal kerbol plus?

kerbol plus remade by killashley (in the OP you'll find a link to the thread)

yup much better than RSS!

You can actually see planet's real features instead of a photo-realistic texture and SG makes it very configurable. I'm in love with this hehe, please keep up the excellent work.

It works perfect on 1.1.2 BTW.

23 hours ago, saturnsrings said:

I like this better than real solar system!!!

Because:
1) You can choose between real names and kerbal names, in real solar system there is only kerbalized names!

2) There is Neptune! In RSS There is no Neptune.

RSS does have Neptune now. It didn't back when it used its own RSS plugin that just moved around and changed planets. RSS now uses Kopernicus, so it can have Neptune and any number of additional planets or moons.

EDIT: Funnily enough, back when RSS used its own plugin all of the planets were still given the names of the stock planets that were modified to make them. Uranus was called Minmus, Titan was called Laythe, Io was called Pol, etc.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.