Sigma88

GameData\StockalikeSolarSystem\Configs\Bodies\Neptune\Neptune.cfg

ScaledVersion
		{
			Material
			{
				texture = BUILTIN/NeptuneRecolor

BUILTIN?

I don't see a reference to GameData\GregroxNeptune\Neptune_Colorbig.dds anywhere in the configs.

Put the GregroxNeptune folder into GameData for SASS to work.

I don't understand how a planet pack that depends on so many different planet packs can work when there are no references to dependencies in the configs.

Are they hardcoded in the .dll ?

How about the RAM footprint of all the textures?

50 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

GameData\StockalikeSolarSystem\Configs\Bodies\Neptune\Neptune.cfg

BUILTIN?

I don't see a reference to GameData\GregroxNeptune\Neptune_Colorbig.dds anywhere in the configs.

I don't understand how a planet pack that depends on so many different planet packs can work when there are no references to dependencies in the configs.

Are they hardcoded in the .dll ?

How about the RAM footprint of all the textures?

yes it's hardcoded in the plugin, it picks up gregs texture and recolors it

RAM usage is pretty high with all the textures provided by the various mods, there's Kopernicus feature OnDemandLoading but that needs to be implemented by the mod developers not by me

EDIT:

I guess I missed to remove a mod folder.

Could it be that this has to be used without scatterer and/or EVE?
(Because it's not mentioned as a dependency at all)
I just removed my previous visual pack, let latest Kopernicus RLS 4, latest scatterer, latest EVE in and placed in all the mods from the list in the OP.

It looks like this now:
eSL8SGV.png

ba70ngp.png

and this is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2up6m6sjuwp1uq/2017-07-15-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

I will do another run with some slightly changes and report back.

Edited by Gordon Dry

22 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Could it be that this has to be used without scatterer and/or EVE?
(Because it's not mentioned as a dependency at all)

I never checked if EVE and scatterer work with this, but I assume they most likely will have issues

I only checked that the mod works with the minimum required setup, any additional mod has the potential to not be compatibile.

I removed EVE and scatterer.

There is still an issue; I can't focus on Haumea in the Tracking Station.
When I try I get this:

Exception handling event OnCBIconClicked in class SpaceTracking:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(CelestialBody)
OrbitRenderer:objectNode_OnClick(MapNode, Buttons)
KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapNode:OnPointerUp(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerUpHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edit:

When I try to focus on Uranus I get this:

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Uranus

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event onPlanetariumTargetChange in class KnowledgeBase:System.OverflowException: Value is too small.
  at System.Math.Abs (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kronometer.ClockFormatter.PrintTime (Double time, Int32 valuesOfInterest, Boolean explicitPositive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPUtil.PrintTime (Double time, Int32 valuesOfInterest, Boolean explicitPositive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KbApp_PlanetParameters.CreatePhysicalCharacteristics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KbApp_PlanetParameters.ActivateApp (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KnowledgeBase.ActivateApps (KbTargetType targetType, .MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

OverflowException: Value is too small.
  at Kronometer.ClockFormatter.PrintTime (Double time, Int32 valuesOfInterest, Boolean explicitPositive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPUtil.PrintTime (Double time, Int32 valuesOfInterest, Boolean explicitPositive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KbApp_PlanetParameters.CreatePhysicalCharacteristics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KbApp_PlanetParameters.ActivateApp (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KnowledgeBase.ActivateApps (KbTargetType targetType, .MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
EventData`1:Fire(MapObject)
PlanetariumCamera:SetTarget(MapObject)
PlanetariumCamera:LateUpdate()

Same with the moons:

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Miranda

Exception handling event onPlanetariumTargetChange in class KnowledgeBase:System.OverflowException: Value is too small.

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Titania

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sycorax

Edited by Gordon Dry

Could it be that I have to move a craft much higher above the VAB ground to avoid it being stuck inside the ground and popping upwards on physics "ease"?

Edit:

confirmed. On physics "ease" the whole vessel moves upwards abruptly.

Edit:

also sometimes the vessel is destroyed when touching the ground - at 3.8m/s with parachute.

Edited by Gordon Dry

@Gordon Dry I assume you are still trying to use SASS since you posted the same message in the threads of all required planet packs

if you have problems with SASS ask here, don't bother the developers of the required mods

if you are trying to use scatterer and EVE with SASS be aware that will probably not work

once you removed scatterer and EVE, if you are still having problems, remove ALL mods that are not required by SASS and try loading the game.

if you are not experiencing the error anymore it means that one of your extra mods is causing the issue

once you have found the MINIMAL amount of mods that causes your issue go HERE and upload somewhere all the files required on that post

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

you are missing a part, can you send me your mm cache file?

Yes sir:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvGOP4reG82NtnRJ9qirvCkmNnbI

Also, loading Galactic Neighborhood reverts to the stock solar system

Edit: ohhh I'm missing some objects on the Easter eggs folder, I'm using the dev version, I guess adding them will remove the error

Thanks!

Edited by Drakenex

8 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Yes sir:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvGOP4reG82NtnRJ9qirvCkmNnbI

Also, loading Galactic Neighborhood reverts to the stock solar system

Thanks!

this is a weird issue, you have the part that your screenshot say is missing

I will need a full bug report, could you click on the nyan cat in my sig? thanks

16 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

they were included in the cachefile you sent me

I know what happened, I've installed the dev version and the cache still have the file listed on it! Sorry again

aaaand (shameless request) is it possible to include Bennu? I want to simulate OSIRIS-REx. Thanks

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

I know what happened, I've installed the dev version and the cache still have the file listed on it! Sorry again

aaaand (shameless request) is it possible to include Bennu? I want to simulate OSIRIS-REx. Thanks

This could be one of the additions in SASSx

:)

If I ever get around to doing it

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Hello Sigma88:

I have a problem where Saturn has no ring?

What is the problem, I download all the mods

SASS is not yet updated to 1.3.1 (I'm working on it)

if you are using 1.3.0, are you also using the last official release of OPM? the official one, not the one from galileo

that's the one the latest SASS was designed to use

Thanks to @Olympic1, @politas and others, SASS is now on CKAN.

I will be maintaining the metadata personally, which means it should always be a safe way to install SASS.

This will make it easier to use the mod since the installation process can be a little confusing.

Edited by Sigma88

Trying to download via ckan SASS with low res Clouds, i get the following ckan error message and cant download:

"Module SSRSS-Cont has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP"

i will try it manually, but some of the requirements are not updated for 1.3., should i install them none the less?

EDIT: I have KSP 1.3.0 installed

Edited by JohnMcLane

3 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Trying to download via ckan SASS with low res Clouds, i get the following ckan error message and cant download:

"Module SSRSS-Cont has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP"

i will try it manually, but some of the requirements are not updated for 1.3., should i install them none the less?

EDIT: I have KSP 1.3.0 installed

SASS and SRSS are two different mods

Ckan SASS is only compatible with 1.3.1 so you can't get it on 1.3.0

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.