Early Career High Altitude Survey Aircraft

So I'm starting a new career game, and I was trying to figure out how to complete the high altitude survey missions over a point on Kerbin. I wanted to do a plane, and make it cheap to build, relatively easy to use, and small in shape as well as low in part count. I did not like the look of the fixed landing gear with this aircraft, so I decided to make a Zero Length Launch system as seen in the picture

below:

Spoiler

F-100D-zero-launch-1.jpg

My Version:
eVsLI8Ud4q7kjOBOXy46TOLXFH_gs5YuPDQBLvAK

Flight Profile

Spoiler

Spool Jets:

-pq9nQh2gbC2LA-t83EEQ1RC_1SrfvPsiV3hC7Xf

Ignite Rocket:

HheX_JrEIH6wSNK2WXVQ-wg8Y1Vt_6KZW3BQS1a3

45 deg climb:

8M6u4ol5FQXT4aqO6OWp3Ef-Kgen23t5IPGYlFzM

Eject Rocket:

_nzchFXJ3nkfecWSNRqZtpY3GLTcL-zOX_NxNT4X

Climb to 8000 and Cruise to location:

sUe4y6MX0xYUoKWLkQ0dyoDKgTVxEtIhmRd_FD7W

Activate second flea:

fNON_kgxo9LrkE70FUlzun_jv69sZn499Gs2VPlo

Gather High Altitude Science!

DK3rmuUogIWUCar8eFSX9USxO504IP7V9gVoklIq

Anyway, I know it isn't a single stage to eve and back or anything, but I thought I'd share one of my more unique designs that is simple and functional. There's no excess Dv, control surfaces or other cost multiplying parts. I've also eliminated the landing gear, allowing me to get high enough to complete the mission. A thermometer can also be added for temp contracts. I've done contracts about 130 km away from ksp, but I'm not sure of the exact range and endurance of this thing. It's also fully recoverable, minus the jet and solid fuel of course. The first stage has its own separate parachute that deploys upon the booster getting jettisoned. It's just one of those desgns that turned out nice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.