Forum maintenance planned on February 10th

KasperVld

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm planning to perform some maintenance on the forums next Wednesday. The time is not set in stone (depends on my schedule), but we'll be performing a software update which should take less than two hours. During this time the forums will not be available as we'll be making database and file system backups.

Notifications when people post in open tabs ! :D

Plz stahp spam me forum :(

@KasperVld, also (for the changes list):

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this page

Error code: 2T187/3

Edited by Gaarst

38 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

I've noticed a few new (small) features, but these are mainly bugfixes. A full list is available here if you're very, very interested :)

38 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

You better watch out handing out session keys. You don't wanna pull a Manley, do you? ;)

30 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

You do not have permission to view this page.

Well, it's more fun to discover them ourselves.

My find: pasting an image link to the text field instantly turns it into an image. Hooray, that's two clicks and two keystrokes saved per image.

Edited by Evanitis

Just now, Kobymaru said:
40 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

You better watch out handing out session keys. You don't wanna pull a Manley, do you?

True! Fortunately it takes more than a session key to fool these forums

1 hour ago, Evanitis said:

One more:

forum notifications now appear as popup windows if browsing a different tab. They have a highly annoying blip too. I'm off to kill that feature with fire.

I actually like it. Seeing as KSP Forums is almost my primary social network (RIP Life), knowing when someone replies to me is really nice.

26 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I just got one of those notification things that someone replied to... something.

As far as I see, those are for the active tab, or tabs that are open in the background. You can click the notification to jump there.

Would love to have a way to turn off those notifications, personally.  It was a cool feature for the first few days, but now it's getting annoying to have them popping up on my desktop while I've got the browser minimized because I'm watching movies.

On 2/15/2016 at 2:37 PM, Madrias said:

Would love to have a way to turn off those notifications, personally.  It was a cool feature for the first few days, but now it's getting annoying to have them popping up on my desktop while I've got the browser minimized because I'm watching movies.

You can turn off browser notifications, in your browser.  There should some tutorials online.

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

You can turn off browser notifications, in your browser.  There should some tutorials online.

Thank you!  Didn't know it was browser side and not forum side.  This is the only forum I've gone to that has that feature.