Quick Saved Vessel Under Thrust... Oops.

I have a vessel in which there are parts held in place by struts between a structural vulnerability.

I quick saved, then loaded because I am not a smart man.

Now the Twin Boar engine plows into the upper part of the vessel causing a catastrophic failure on quick load. FML.

The only upside is it's remote-controlled, not crewed, so no loss of life at risk here ( except for robots - robot lives matter ).

I'm looking through the rather lengthy quick-save file and it looks like to stop this tragedy I need to set the thrust to 0 - will that work? Where do I need to set that value at? ( I'm looking and seeing several entries with the name of my vessel attached ).

If not, is there some other way? Am I totally screwed?

Okay to answer this question for myself ( and anyone else who has this problem ) the resolution is N-Fold

• Ctrl-F within the quicksave file to find your vessel
  • ForEach vessel v.currentThrottle c > 0 : set c = 0
  • set vessel v.mainThrottle = 0

Save file and perform a quick load and your vessel should have no active thrust on any engine.

This solution is offered as is and the provider bears no responsibility if your computer breaks escape velocity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.