[1.0.5] Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts

RaginCaucasian

8 hours ago, RaginCaucasian said:

So I guess after all that work setting up CKAN to grab the mod from KerbalStuff, I'm gonna have to figure out another way to set that up.

spacedock.info will be set up by the CKAN people as a replacement for it shortly, maybe a week or so. You will have to rehost it, though.

In addition to an engine plate, it might be cool to have a premade 3-nozzle engine piece.  It could be called the "KS-25x3 Kerberos".

A cargo ramp would definitely be handy -- the flat bottom looks like it will be great for rover transport!

I would suggest increasing the liquid fuel capacity of the LF tank to 1600 units, to be consistent with the LFO tank (since Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer have the same density -- check out the stock Mk1 LF tank compared to the FL-T400, for example.)

Finally, you misspelled "bulkheadProfiles" as "bukhead..." in the part configs, and instead of size2, you might use "mk2p5" to describe your parts (obviously the adapter will be both).  It will get properly sorted between Mk2 and Mk3 in the filter by cross-section category, even if it will just get a question mark for its icon in stock (I'm adding an icon and definition to Filter Extension).  If you'd rather leave them in Size 2 unless Filter Extension is installed, I can also hook you up with a Module Manager patch to do that.

On 2/16/2016 at 10:48 AM, RaginCaucasian said:

Thanks for the suggestions @Kerbas_ad_astra!

Also thanks for going through the config files, too :P. I didn't expect that much scrutiny...

I'm an engineer -- we're detail-oriented.  :wink: Also, with the misspelling (in fact,"buklheadProfiles" is still misspelled -- it should be bulkheadProfiles), your parts won't show up in any cross-section profile category.  Glad you like the suggestion!  While I suggested "mk2p5" as the size to use, I think your choice of "size25" makes more sense, as your parts are closer to size2 in shape than mk2, so I've made that change to my pull request to Filter Extensions.

One more suggestion: make the adapter tank an LFO fuel tank, like the C7 spaceplane adapter tanks.

So I really love these parts, and I hope you never stop updating them. I have a couple suggestions for parts, most notably a crew tank and a bomb bay style part. The point of the bay is not to actually drop bombs, but rather to deploy mining equipment without having them outside the craft.

Side note: I made my first good looking SSTO with a meaningful payload capacity from these parts: 

Edited by InfiniteShock

On 2/22/2016 at 11:47 PM, InfiniteShock said:

o I really love these parts, and I hope you never stop updating them. I have a couple suggestions for parts, most notably a crew tank and a bomb bay style part. The point of the bay is not to actually drop bombs, but rather to deploy mining equipment without having them outside the craft.

Side note: I made my first SSTO with a meaningful payload capacity from these parts:

Glad you're enjoying the parts!

For a bomb-bay, I think the fillet might get in the way. If I used just the straight portion for the doors, maximum width would be a little less than 1.875m. I don't know about including the fillets, because they would intersect the area where wings are probably going to be mounted.

Edited by RaginCaucasian

On February 23, 2016 at 4:31 PM, RaginCaucasian said:

Glad you're enjoying the parts!

For a bomb-bay, I think the fillet might get in the way. If I used just the straight portion for the doors, maximum width would be a little less than 1.875m. I don't know about including the fillets, because they would intersect the area where wings are probably going to be mounted.

Well, I would say don't involve the fillet. People with rovers are already going to have them small enough to lie on the flat part of the fuselage and mounted drills will fit through pretty tight spaces without clipping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 8:44 AM, Thegamer211 said:

Will this mod get updated to 1.1 soon?

OP post says it all.

On 2/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, RaginCaucasian said:

Note: as of 3/29/16, I'm putting this project on hiatus while I'm bogged down with research.

That said; this is a parts mod.

Any part mod should work just fine provided the following:

1- you have all the current versions of prerequisite mods

2- you accept the fact that pre-1.1 wheels will not work.

Neither should be a problem as this mod doesn't come packaged with any add-on DLL's nor any custom wheels.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For anyone who may be interested, I've PM'd @RaginCaucasian about this.  I need clarification on the license since it isn't mentioned in the OP or in the file.

If he says OK, i'll be releasing this in a few days in a challenge  I've already gotten all the masses redone along with some other stuff to bring it up to 1.2.2 standards.

Keep your fingers crossed that he replies and says ok (I would prefer he update the OP with the license info, if possible)

LGG

On 5/7/2017 at 0:25 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

For anyone who may be interested, I've PM'd @RaginCaucasian about this.  I need clarification on the license since it isn't mentioned in the OP or in the file.

If he says OK, i'll be releasing this in a few days in a challenge  I've already gotten all the masses redone along with some other stuff to bring it up to 1.2.2 standards.

Keep your fingers crossed that he replies and says ok (I would prefer he update the OP with the license info, if possible)

LGG

Many thanks to @RaginCaucasian for changing the license of this mod to MIT.

I'll get back to my work on it, hope to have something out in a few days.  Rather busy right now with my Suicide Burn  mod, almost ready for release

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.