[1.05] Zaywa Solar System Pack

destra9

Karlo: a sort of black sphere far, far away from the system, barely touching the sphere of influence for Zaywa. however its not actually a black sphere, its a black hole! gravity at its surface is so high that you cant escape at the speed of light! it is around 20km in diameter

8 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Karlo: a sort of black sphere far, far away from the system, barely touching the sphere of influence for Zaywa. however its not actually a black sphere, its a black hole! gravity at its surface is so high that you cant escape at the speed of light! it is around 20km in diameter

While it's an interesting idea, there are plenty of mods that include black holes, so it wouldn't be truly unique. My verdict on this idea is no, sadly.

@destra9 Have you updated Scaled Space for Pike yet? It doesn't look like you did in the screenshot of the planet. And if you did update SS, how is Pike coming along? Also,

• Are you developing the other planets' textures?
  • Which planets and moons are you working on besides the ones with screenshots?
  • Have you started making any moons?
  • Did the Kraken try to stop the development yet?
  • How many kerbals have been "killed" in the planet testing?
  • When do you think the first version will be released?
  • Is there anything I can do to help?

30 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@destra9 Have you updated Scaled Space for Pike yet? It doesn't look like you did in the screenshot of the planet. And if you did update SS, how is Pike coming along? Also,

• Are you developing the other planets' textures?
  • Which planets and moons are you working on besides the ones with screenshots?
  • Have you started making any moons?
  • Did the Kraken try to stop the development yet?
  • How many kerbals have been "killed" in the planet testing?
  • When do you think the first version will be released?
  • Is there anything I can do to help?
  • Most of the planet's textures have actually been completed.
  • I'm currently working on Galleon, Pike and Rayne right now, but I've started the ground work for Planet X and Borag.
  • Yes, I've started work on Kepler's moons.
  • The Kraken has been trying to foil my efforts since day 1. :P 
  • I've used probes to test the more dangerous planets like Zomg, Pike and Hade, so I haven't lost any Kerbals. I have however, "killed" about 50 probes total, counting the intentional deaths during my heat testing.
  • I hope to release a beta version next month.
  • I could use some help developing textures and .bin files for some of my planets.
Edited by destra9

Progress on the terrestrial bodies in the Zaywa system has been going slightly faster than expected, so I will confirm the scheduled release date for 3/03/2016! Hope you guys are as excited as I am! This'll be my first mod ever! I can't wait to make more stuff for you guys! Here's the current list of features to be scheduled for the beta release:

* Biomes on most of the planets, even Rayne and Pike! (albeit exactly 1 and 2 biomes respectively)

* Overheating in the oceans of Zomg and Pike! (the effect is far more noticeable in Pike than Zomg, though. Some parts explode instantaneously upon touching the lava...)

* Easter Eggs!

* Amusing lore to go with each planet / moon!

* A Kerbal Galaxy and IA_Revived compatibility patch so you can visit all the bodies in the Kerbal Galaxy + the Zaywa System!

* Compatibility with @ProtoJeb21's Cervantes Solar System Pack!

Edited by destra9
I forgot it was 2016. :P

Since I've got a lot of unforeseen changes in my schedule, I've decided to release the Zaywa Solar System pack in 2 parts. The first part, which will feature most of the screenshotted bodies, Galleon and the mysterious Planet X, will be released tomorrow! Unfortunately, most of the moons have not been completed, and I will not have time to complete them all before the scheduled release date. And yes, there are several easter eggs in first part of the pack, so I lived up to most of the features except for the biomes on Pike and Rayne. (the Kraken is currently preventing that from happening) For those of you who followed this thread, thanks for staying with me thus far as we continue to make space more and more strange and wonderous!

Edited by destra9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.