Mods in Stock

On February 6, 2016 at 8:29 PM, MachoCyclone said:

I have B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry, Kerbal Attachment System (KAS), the Interstellar mod, MechJeb2 (although I hardly use it anymore) Out Planets Pack, Other Worlds Star Pack, SafeChute, Final Frontier (not sure why its named that as it gives badges and ranks to your Kerbals), Infernal Robtics and the necessary dependencies to support the mods. They were all installed using CKAN.

I also followed this video on how to make KSP run more reliably. 

You have Mechjeb? Noice. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

SVE, SVT, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, PlanetShine. 

Why would you choose scatterer? Don't you know that most people(including me)does not have a fast enough computer to process that! It would slow down my computer to the speed of a snail!

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Why would you choose scatterer? Don't you know that most people(including me)does not have a fast enough computer to process that! It would slow down my computer to the speed of a snail!

EXACTLY! THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH STOCK MODS. KSP IS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY ON YOUR COMPUTER. DEBATABLE

2 hours ago, PoliteDenial said:

For me personally, I enjoy the visual mod Scatterer. It gives planets with an atmosphere a clean look. Also the sunrises from Duna are pretty neeto. :)

BUT IT SHOULD NOT BE STOCK!

but i do like it

10 hours ago, mabdi36 said:

EXACTLY! THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH STOCK MODS. KSP IS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY ON YOUR COMPUTER. DEBATABLE

He just tried scatterer... he turned his computer into a toaster:wink:

18 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Because it looks nice. Players would be able to disable it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/07/2017 at 9:12 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

I don't want any mods in stock.

As soon as a feature is integrated into the stock game it ceases to be a mod and is then stock.

Like docking for example. I bet you use docking even though that used to be a mod.

6 hours ago, John FX said:

As soon as a feature is integrated into the stock game it ceases to be a mod and is then stock.

Like docking for example. I bet you use docking even though that used to be a mod.

That is his point. When it get integrated into stock the option to not have it is gone, while nothing was really added.

3 hours ago, John FX said:

That can be said of any feature, it is not a valid argument.

No it's not necessary like that for any feature. Take  for an example satellite networks, before Comment there was the Remote Tech mod. Remote Tech is  still an option for those that prefer the way RT handles the communication, stock Commnet didn't 'kill' or "replaced' RT but rather added a third option (no network, RT, Commnet).

Granted that now Commnet is part of the stock game there is no "KSP install without Commnet" but that is besides the point, @MiffedStarfish's concern may as well be about the 'big' mods that makes extensive changes to the game, not the simple "add this part"/"tweak this readout" /"provide a simple mechanic"  variants. Keeping the example,  Commnet can be seen as a "lesser problem" or even "a good feature" that besides the worries add something good for the majority of the player without much hassle for anyone while the "make Remote Tech stock" option would be a bit more intrusive

Of course that is not a big deal for a few 'good mods' , but as we add more and more some PotatoesTM start to become crispy and some hamsters start to get tired after a quick exercise in the wheel that runs the CPU, and the less fortunate player that need to play in those conditions have reason to be concerned. It's not really the decisive factor but something the devs should consider.

Personally, I have my list of mods that "should be stock"  but also a number of mods I use  and see no necessity (and even reason against) to be integrated in the core game. I would not mind if those become stock but can understand who will be bothered by the game becoming more complex than 'necessary.