1 hour ago, Cavscout74 said:

I've even seen a fairly convincing argument that all life support mods do is add parts/mass to your craft - basically, anyone that wants to use LS is going to carefully plan their missions, and is unlikely to run out, so the end result is just a more complicated & heavier craft. 

Adding mass to the trip is kind of the point.  It adds a new aspect to mission planning- taking a longer/slower trajectory and saving fuel, vs..a faster one to save life support mass.

It also synergizes well with nifty things like Greenhouses- if they added those too.

I haven't actually played any life support mods yet, but I've read up on some of them. At the lightweight end you have Snacks - if your kerbals run out of food they go on strike and act like tourists. At the heavyweight end you have stuff like Kerbalism where you have multiple resource paths, needs, and also external hazards like radiation. It's not "just" about adding mass to your craft, you also have to figure out the logistics and infrastructure. Either way, your high-level choice then becomes whether you send resupply and rescue missions, or produce what you need on-site instead. It's just a matter of how hardcore of a simulator you want to play.

2 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

At the lightweight end you have Snacks - if your kerbals run out of food they go on strike and act like tourists

Snacks is actually customizable now, with various penalties including death if you don't feed your kerbals.  Still the simplest of the 4

I wonder how much of the list must be updated to reflect 1.9.

I just spent some time browsing through this thread in search of any reply that was against the integration of Kerbal Alarm Clock. I couldn't find any.
KAC is developed by David Tregoning (a.k.a. TriggerAu), one of the Lead Programmers, so proper integration should be possible.
I honestly don't see why it isn't being integrated after it has been recommended in the first post that startet this thread and there is only positive feedback (as far as I could tell).
Has TriggerAu written anything about the matter?
I would love to see KAC added to stock. For me it makes me feel in charge of a real busy space program.

I like TheFrizz's idea (see below) of only making it available after some upgrades to the KSC, most importantly the Tracking station, but maybe also Mission Control (quest giver).
I could imagine that the functionalities would become available in tiers. At first you could only set raw time alarms, then maneuver node alarms, and only later the transfer peroid* planner would become available. There should of course be the option in the settings to just have it function, like it does now, so that stock and mod version don't need to be split.

On 3/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, TheFrizz said:

Kerbal alarm clock - Remove the in-flight UI and add alarm management to the Tracking Station after tracking station is upgraded to level X. Where X is priced at a range where players are starting to fill a lot of contracts by executing them in parallel.  I think it would be in keeping with the game to add optimal transit window finding as a capability of the scientist of high enough star level, although realism would dictate that the ground station could always do the calculations.

* I know that most people call it transfer window, but the transfer window is technically the span of time each day when you can directly launch from a rotating body.
The launch period depends on the phase angle between your departure celestial body and your destination with regard to the central object both bodies orbit (e.g. the Sun / Kerbol).
Many launch windows may occur during a launch period. (For example: A launch period might be three weeks in July and the launch window might be from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. every day.)

Just so I – newbie – have also added my 0.02$:
I don't think that KER and especially MJ should be added to stock. I'm sure they are great in what the do, but especially new players shouldn't be overloaded with information and automation should definitely not be an easy option within the base game. Once you are an expert, sure, go out, grab the mods!

Kerbal Space Transportation System, Bon Voyage, Mechjeb, Restock/Restock+, KSPIE, OPM and The World Beyond, to name some.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:36 AM, JoaquinJAR said:

also i would like to see in the VAB and the SPH a button to switch from ROCKET PARTS to PLANE PARTS

There's a blurrier line than you think between rocket parts and airplane parts.

40 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

There's a blurrier line than you think between rocket parts and airplane parts.

Case in point:

STS120LaunchHiRes-edit1.jpg

What I think:

Must have list that may prevent you from updating:

KER, KAC, Transfer Window Planner.

Almost essential, may be forged for really cool update:

Bon voyage, Restock, Restock+, missing history, Tarsier Space (or science, can't remember) Technologies.

Nice to have, should be stock:

Kopernicus, Extrasolar, opm, Bumblebee.

Some form of proper flight info and dV stats (won't force MJ on all but I love it, KER is great too)

KAC

Restock/Restock+ is wonderful and makes KSP look far more coherent and finished without any noticeable CPU hit on my old laptop.

Some form of KAS/KIS

5 hours ago, aspacecephalopod said:

Some form of proper flight info and dV stats (won't force MJ on all but I love it, KER is great too)

KAC

Restock/Restock+ is wonderful and makes KSP look far more coherent and finished without any noticeable CPU hit on my old laptop.

Some form of KAS/KIS

Yeah, all of @Nertea stuff should be in ksp2 and most in ksp1, but most importantly restock and restock+.