[1.6-1.9] HGR Community Fixes: Home-Grown Fixes for Home-Grown Rockets v1.7.0 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

The solar panel thing is not really fixable -- the solar panel module only considers one transform, so only one face of the panel (whichever way the transform is pointing) "counts".  I could call it cylindrical or spherical, but that wouldn't really be right either -- that would lead to the panel charging when the sun is on the 'edges'.  I don't think there's anything to be done about the panel without changing the model itself, which is not happening.

I'll see what I can do about the animation, and thanks for the heads-up about the categories.

Hello to all.

I am 'trying' to use this with 1.2.

I have too many of my lifters and boosters and kerbal movers that are based off of these parts.

All seemed to be doing ok, but now ModuleAnimateGeneric in the service module is acting strange.

In the VAB, it is simply labelled as Toggle Animation.

Once in flight mod, it is not even shown.

This is the toggle to allow the engine doors to be opened..

Here is the Module from the config.

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = cover
    isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Open Engine
    endEventGUIName = Close Engine
    actionGUIName = Toggle Engine Cover
}

Any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for this mod.

29 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Unfortunately, Orionkermin hasn't been around in over a year, and left his addons under a restrictive license. I can fiddle around with configs by the power of Module Manager, but the models are set in stone.

I was posting more to make sure it wasn't just me :) .

When I get 6.4X or RSS back up I can try it there. The thinner atmosphere should be less of an issue with some more path-length to bleed velocity.

That or when FAR gets updated to 1.2. I'll report back anything I get to work here :) .

On 10/25/2016 at 9:50 AM, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

I am 'trying' to use this with 1.2.

I have too many of my lifters and boosters and kerbal movers that are based off of these parts.

All seemed to be doing ok, but now ModuleAnimateGeneric in the service module is acting strange.

In the VAB, it is simply labelled as Toggle Animation.

Once in flight mod, it is not even shown.

This is the toggle to allow the engine doors to be opened..

Here is the Module from the config.

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = cover
    isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Open Engine
    endEventGUIName = Close Engine
    actionGUIName = Toggle Engine Cover
}

Any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for this mod.

I've figured out the issue -- DeployableEngines is hard-coded to look for ModuleEnginesFX only, but the Edamame has a ModuleEngines (AnimatedEngine from BDAnimationModules will look for a ModuleEngines or ModuleEnginesFX).  I'll see about changing the module for the next release.

• 4 weeks later...

I had upside down chutes. Looks pretty odd! :confused:

I use RealChute Systems (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/52931-12-realchute-parachute-systems-v1412-141016/)

Adding 

reverseOrientation = true

into HGR_Realchute.cfg.

2 times, once for each chute after the statements spareChutes = 5 seems to have fixed that.

I don't understand why but this does not work.

@PART[InLineChute]:AFTER[HGR]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{
    @MODULE[RealChuteModule]
    {
        %reverseOrientation = true
    }
}

@PART[InLineChuteSmall]:AFTER[HGR]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{
    @MODULE[RealChuteModule]
    {
        %reverseOrientation = true
    }
}

Maybe there is someone who knows MM better?

Edited by Kaa253

It may be an order-sensitivity thing -- your patch needs to run after HGR's realchute patch (otherwise there will be no RealChuteModule to modify), but that patch runs after RealChute and yours runs after HGR.  H comes before R, so your patches run first, but have no effect.  Try changing yours to "AFTER[RealChute]" and see if it works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

Are the OX-SJ solar panels working for other people?   I have no UI button to to deploy the panels after leaving the VAB.  (And even deploying the panels before leaving the VAB, doesn't result them being properly deployed once the craft unpacks on the pad).   The antennas do extend and retract, just not the panels.

KSP 1.2.2 64bit

HGR + HGR Community Fixes 1.5.1

RemoteTech 1.8.3

and 60+ other mods.

Thanks in advance.

Ok.  Thanks for the reply.

After a bit of testing, adding Remotetech is definitely the problem.

Spoiler

r0rsCeD.png

HGR + Community fixes + Module manager 2.7.5.  Working fine.

mDMmP3M.jpg

7SCNqgJ.jpg

With Remotetech 1.8.3.  Can't extend the panels. 

Here is the Remotetech_HGR.cfg

// Speedwaystar's RemoteTech patch for HGRSolarPanels
// omni antenna, ranges = 100km undeployed and 1500km deployed
@PART[HGRSolarPanels1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FIRST
{
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
	%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		%Mode0OmniRange = 100000
		%Mode1OmniRange = 1500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.05
		%DeployFxModules = 1
		%TRANSMITTER
		{
			%PacketInterval = 0.4
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 12.0
		}
	}
	%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Does that look right @Kerbas_ad_astra ?  (Especially that ModuleSPUPassive bit)?

(Note from my point of view this isn't a major issue.  A few more hrs play and I'll have better solar panels unlocked.  Now off to try to find out why scansat is also bugged atm).

Edit: forget that bit about ModuleSPUPassive . SPU is Signal Processing Unit, from remotetech. (All remotetech antennas have SPUPassive)  I had jumped to the conclusion that SPU was Solar Panel something or other, and figured Solar Panel ... Passive didn't sound right for a deployable solar panel.

Edited by AVaughan

• 1 month later...

As I am also a big fan of OrionKermins work, it bothered me that it is rightous deadly to use the lovely Spud pod in the stock game.

To tackle the problem I tinkered with drag cubes and set the Spud to have the drag cube as the stock Mk1 Pod, which seems alittle bit overpowered, but otherwise save to use.

As I don't know much about drag cubes or MM patches I just leave these lines here, I copyed right from the PartDatabase.cfg file into the cfg file of the Spud

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 1.014,0.6706,0.7373, 1.014,0.6819,0.7316, 1.251,0.4783,1.097, 1.251,0.9476,0.3501, 1.011,0.6661,0.7326, 1.011,0.6654,0.7441, 0,0.1044,-0.001006, 1.269,1.133,1.271
	}

It might be necessary to delete the PartDatabase.cfg after applying this, in order to have the game create it new with the new drag cube for the spud.

Hope this helps some fellow HGR users out there to finally "fly safe" again with the Spud :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.