[1.6-1.9] HGR Community Fixes: Home-Grown Fixes for Home-Grown Rockets v1.7.0 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I don't like CKAN.  It's course, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Sure; but many people do.

Anyway, does this mean you'd rather not have someone add a Netkan .meta file for HGR even though you'd never have to deal with it yourself?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 12:34 PM, BobTheRocketeer said:

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem as well. I’ve been having this ever since I installed this mod a while ago.

Basically, whenever you deploy the Soy Juice solar planels, they deploy normally. But if you leave the flight scene and come back, they look like this:

Album a/TboTaT3 will appear when post is submitted

It seems like it’s somehow halfway-deployed. It still collects solar power and the antenna still transmits, so it’s just a visual issue.

This is probably something that I’m missing on my install, but it seems every time I have this mod I’ve always seen it happen. Does anyone know of a quick fix for this? It doesn’t really affect gameplay, it’s just annoying.

Thanks I’m advance. Love the mod btw. I use the Soy Juice parts all the time

I confirm that the issue exists, but unfortunately there are no exceptions in the log.  I'm guessing the issue is related to the same part holding both an antenna and a solar panel.  I tried changing the names of reference transforms in the part config, but the animation bug kept happening and some combinations prevented power generation, so I'm inclined to leave things as is.

Something that is not staying as-is: the Lima pod's appearance!  It now matches the Garlic pod...I'd be happier if I could take the hatches clean off, but that requires model work in Blender which I don't yet have figured out.

screenshot1.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Kerbas_ad_astraSmall request: Can you add an option on the SoyJuice launch-escape system to let us pick a texture for the fairing, so we can have a Soyuz green/orange fairing for the green SoyJuice capsule? No need to make a texture, I just mean the one that was added to KSP 1.4.x

Edited by StevieC

On 9/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I confirm that the issue exists, but unfortunately there are no exceptions in the log.  I'm guessing the issue is related to the same part holding both an antenna and a solar panel.  I tried changing the names of reference transforms in the part config, but the animation bug kept happening and some combinations prevented power generation, so I'm inclined to leave things as is.

I played around with the configs and could never get those panels to work right. I would suggest that the easy work around is to set the panels as redeploy-able in the config file. Wont solve the underlying problem but when you load a saved craft you can just fold and redeploy the panel and they look fine until the next save. The Lima looks much better nice job. The only thing I can see that is still needed to finish bringing everything up to date would be working window lighting for all the pods Its the only thing that is still missing.

• 1 month later...

HGR Community Fixes version 1.6.2 "Orange You Glad" is here!

• 02018 Nov 03 (1.6.1): Comrade Ogilvy
    • Changing the internal name of the 1.875m fairings from "fairingSize1.5" to "fairingSize1p5HGR", to avoid any possible confusion with the Making History "fairingSize1p5" in Module Manager patches. The "fairingSize1.5" part still exists, but it's been marked as "TechHidden" like the stock Mk1-2 Pod and other parts to be deprecated, and it will be removed in the next release of HGR.
    • Made the Lima pod a recolor of the Soy-Juice capsule. Recolored the Garlic pod to match.
  • 02018 Nov 03 (1.6.2): Orange You Glad
    • Added fairing color options to Heavy LES tower.

8 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

HGR Community Fixes version 1.6.2 "Orange You Glad" is here!

The "fairingSize1.5" part still exists, but it's been marked as "TechHidden" like the stock Mk1-2 Pod and other parts to be deprecated, and it will be removed in the next release of HGR.

The "other parts to be deprecated and removed" has me a bit worried - you're not planning on dropping your Gemini- and Soyuz-analogue family of parts in deference to Making History's parts, are you?  I actually prefer your parts to MH's, as yours are more properly sized and fall logically within the tech tree.  Thanks for keeping this going; it's one of my favorite parts packs for the early game in the Kerbin the SOI.

3 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

The "other parts to be deprecated and removed" has me a bit worried - you're not planning on dropping your Gemini- and Soyuz-analogue family of parts in deference to Making History's parts, are you?  I actually prefer your parts to MH's, as yours are more properly sized and fall logically within the tech tree.  Thanks for keeping this going; it's one of my favorite parts packs for the early game in the Kerbin the SOI.

No, I'm referring to things like the old stock fuel tanks and decouplers and such.  Parts that have been replaced by new models.  Changing a part name is a save-breaking change, so I want to have a period of time before I completely remove it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2018 at 6:23 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

So I did some testing based on this and you're right: the game does not like a deployable solar panel and a deployable antenna on the same part. Using Module Manager, I removed the deployable antenna module from the solar panels and they seem to work right (also I learned that the solar panels are one-sided, which was something I didn't know before). In fact, it even seemed to work on older panels that had the broken model. The bad news is it removes the antenna deployment from the part so that the antenna is always retracted. However, based on the way I configed it I could still transmit science even with the antennas closed. So in terms of aesthetic, the solar panels don't have the deployed antenna, but they still extend the panels and get electricity.

P.S. I appreciate your work in continuing this mod and now I'm glad I can use some of my favorite parts more-or-less the way they were meant to be used.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 11:05 PM, BobTheRocketeer said:

So I did some testing based on this and you're right: the game does not like a deployable solar panel and a deployable antenna on the same part. Using Module Manager, I removed the deployable antenna module from the solar panels and they seem to work right (also I learned that the solar panels are one-sided, which was something I didn't know before). In fact, it even seemed to work on older panels that had the broken model. The bad news is it removes the antenna deployment from the part so that the antenna is always retracted. However, based on the way I configed it I could still transmit science even with the antennas closed. So in terms of aesthetic, the solar panels don't have the deployed antenna, but they still extend the panels and get electricity.

P.S. I appreciate your work in continuing this mod and now I'm glad I can use some of my favorite parts more-or-less the way they were meant to be used.

I had the same problem on a Salyut look-alike that I'd already placed in orbit.  I just changed Retractable from "false" to "True" on ModuleDeployableSolarPanel in the cfg file and it added a new button for the panels, separate from the antennas, in the flight PAW.  Didn't see any corresponding change in the VAB hotkey selections though.  The PAW button for the antenna still works independent of the panel (so far).  My hotkey to extend the panels still works as well; I just have to manually retract them each time.  As noted earlier, the problem of the panels reloading in the "broken" position remains, but at least this seems to allow everything to be cosmetically reset.

Edited by KSPrynk

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Do you have any animated engine mods (e.g. Cryogenic Engines) installed?  I may need to revisit that patch.

Not the cryogenic ones but I have a lot from near future and kerbal aircraft expansion installed.

• 7 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, FellipeC said:

Not the cryogenic ones but I have a lot from near future and kerbal aircraft expansion installed.

I've tested the service module with DeployableEngines (used in various Near Future Technologies mods) and it works for me.

And finishing off my list of mods that need updating for KSP 1.8 (the Mk1 Cargo Bay parts and CommNet Relays contract pack are still doing fine), we have HGR Community Fixes v1.7.0, "To Protect The Lifecycle"!

• Fully removed "fairingSize1.5" part (under that name -- fairingSize1p5HGR has the exact same model, just a new internal name to prevent confusion with Making History's "fairingSize1p5" in patches).
  • Updated USI-LS patch for USI-LS 1.1. That update was made for KSP 1.6, so this and subsequent versions of HGR Community Fixes are not compatible with KSP 1.4 or 1.5
  • Disabled Landertron patch (Landertron's model is too simplified and conservative to work well when the capsule is descending slowly under its parachute).

• 6 months later...

as far as 1.9.1 is concerned I'm having some issues with the solar panel/antenna for the "soy-juice" service module, they simply won't deploy.

Apologies in advance if this isn't the current thread, figure that this might be a needed message though.

edit: okay managed to get the panel to deploy by deleting all the antenna-related stuff in the .cfg

Edited by betaking

• 1 month later...

I hate to be "that guy" but this has always been my absolute hands down favorite mod for KSP.  Is there any chance it's being updated to 1.10?  Or is there another forum thread I should be seeking for it now?  Thanks for all you've done keeping my favorite mod alive for so long.  Hope all is well during turbulent times.

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, Bored971 said:

I hate to be "that guy" but this has always been my absolute hands down favorite mod for KSP.  Is there any chance it's being updated to 1.10?  Or is there another forum thread I should be seeking for it now?  Thanks for all you've done keeping my favorite mod alive for so long.  Hope all is well during turbulent times.

@Kerbas_ad_astra, @Bored971, I just tried this in KSP 1.11, and previously used it in KSP 1.10. It seems to work fine - or at least not any worse than before (it's a little out of date on resource balances, possibly aero forces,  a few outstanding bugs) - though I haven't tried out every part yet. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.