[1.6-1.9] HGR Community Fixes: Home-Grown Fixes for Home-Grown Rockets v1.7.0 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

@Kerbas_ad_astra hello, thanks for supporting this neat little parts pack.

1) I think souyz service module has to much of life support, don't remeber exactly but it's something like months

2) would be neat to have black onion cargo module to have proper Progress, what do you think?

3) Also there's a bug with Daikini service module - when you load the craft with it in flight scene it immediately decouples in kraken-style 

Edited by evileye.x

1. Which life support mod are you using? The life support amounts are based on the containers provided by the life support mods themselves, so the balancing should be the same.
  2. I agree.  Unfortunately, OrionKermin restricted all rights to his models and textures, so I can't make a black onion capsule.
  3. I haven't had that happen to me, so I'll need some more information on how to reproduce the issue. As above, I can't change the model itself, and the config looks well-formed.

7 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:
  1. Which life support mod are you using? The life support amounts are based on the containers provided by the life support mods themselves, so the balancing should be the same.
  2. I agree.  Unfortunately, OrionKermin restricted all rights to his models and textures, so I can't make a black onion capsule.
  3. I haven't had that happen to me, so I'll need some more information on how to reproduce the issue. As above, I can't change the model itself, and the config looks well-formed.

Darn, I was looking for the black capsule as well...

7 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Darn, I was looking for the black capsule as well...

All may not be lost after all. I can make a config file that defines a part to use the Onion model and a different texture.  Here's what happens when I make an Onion pod with the Lima texture:

I wouldn't use that for a released part, but even a flat black texture doesn't look too awful:

A5Kifel.png

I'm kind of inclined to hack at my new "texture" for a little bit (brush on some lighter colors, maybe slap on a couple of hatch textures from a stock part) and make this a thing -- putting fuel tanks and a KIS inventory and life support tanks all in the Lima pod is a bit much.  When this is done, the new "Garlic" pod will have the KIS inventory and life support tanks (when KIS and/or life support mods are installed) and the Lima module will only have fuel tanks (as it is "stock"), much like the real Progress has a "cargo module" and a "fuel module".

On 18.06.2016 at 4:53 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

1. TAC LS. Months of supplies in Soyz of Daikon 

2. Very nice attempt on black onion, btw. (wish I was kind of texture artist myself to help, but definitely I'm not :) )

3. Build any rocket with radish capsule (or even stock mk1 capsule), attach Daikon below and then fuel tank and rocket motor. Go to orbit, then

a) save and reload or

b) go to Space Center and back to vessel. - in any case Daikon will be detached and fly away with kraken speed.

Even if you will revert launch on launch pad, it will detach. 

There also seems to be a lack of 1.875m specific first stage, or even 2nd stage motors... I know you can mix & match existing motors, doubling or tripling them up, or using an overpowered 2.5m 1st stage...

I'm working on releasing a parts pack, that I've included in, and hopefully, balanced, a single Merlin, 1.875m sized engine...

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

There also seems to be a lack of 1.875m specific first stage, or even 2nd stage motors... I know you can mix & match existing motors, doubling or tripling them up, or using an overpowered 2.5m 1st stage...

I'm working on releasing a parts pack, that I've included in, and hopefully, balanced, a single Merlin, 1.875m sized engine...

What are you talking about? There's 3 engines,  700kN, 380 kN and 90kN

Are you sure you have both HGR and HGR redux plus community fixes? 

I meant a general lack, (I didnt mean non-existence of), and not HGR specifically... I know there are a few other 1.875m parts in other mods... But while I could be wrong, I dont recall seeing a lot of specific 1.875 powerplant choices OTHER than those in HGR... Just thought I would offer another into the mix, is all... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

15 hours ago, evileye.x said:

1. TAC LS. Months of supplies in Soyz of Daikon 

2. Very nice attempt on black onion, btw. (wish I was kind of texture artist myself to help, but definitely I'm not :) )

3. Build any rocket with radish capsule (or even stock mk1 capsule), attach Daikon below and then fuel tank and rocket motor. Go to orbit, then

a) save and reload or

b) go to Space Center and back to vessel. - in any case Daikon will be detached and fly away with kraken speed.

Even if you will revert launch on launch pad, it will detach. 

You'll have to take that up with the TAC-LS folks -- I'm just putting in the same amount of supplies as a small container (about the size of a Round-8 tank) would hold, and that's based on actual density numbers and needs for food, water, and oxygen.  There are other limitations on life support (e.g. living space and habitability) that would preclude a 3-month stay in a Soyuz, but TAC-LS does not include those effects.

I also just tried your test on my test install and did not reproduce the issue. I'll need a list of the mods that you use to help you further.

In other news, I've made the "Garlic" pod the same average color as the Lima (more or less), and figured out how to paint on the stripes, so it is visually distinct at least:

vfvcTHk.png

I'll put this and some miscellaneous config fixes together, and hopefully have a release out Soon(TM).

3 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I also just tried your test on my test install and did not reproduce the issue. I'll need a list of the mods that you use to help you further.

My list of mods is too huge, honestly speaking. But I'll try to reproduce it in pure 1.0.5 and 1.1.3 

By the way, nice work on progress! Thanks.

Version 1.4 "Ogres are like Garlics" is out!

• New G4-LK "Garlic" supply module to ease the overstuffing of the Lima. Note that the Lima no longer has life-support or KIS inventory storage -- that's been moved into the Garlic capsule.
  • Added support for DeployableEngines (Nertea's plugin used for e.g. Cryogenic Engines).
  • Fixed some spelling in part descriptions.
  • Re-titled HGR's 1.875m fairing, to distinguish it from MOLE's.

18 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Version 1.4 "Ogres are like Garlics" is out!

• New G4-LK "Garlic" supply module to ease the overstuffing of the Lima. Note that the Lima no longer has life-support or KIS inventory storage -- that's been moved into the Garlic capsule.
  • Added support for DeployableEngines (Nertea's plugin used for e.g. Cryogenic Engines).
  • Fixed some spelling in part descriptions.
  • Re-titled HGR's 1.875m fairing, to distinguish it from MOLE's.

Thank you for your continuous work on this mod! A small suggestion, the Onion2 has a whole extra science lab capability at no extra weight cost. Maybe make it weigh a little more?

For the information of my adoring fans, RemoteTech accepted the RT patch, so I'll be taking that out of the next HGR-CF release.

On 6/27/2016 at 3:47 AM, ultraviolet150 said:

Thank you for your continuous work on this mod! A small suggestion, the Onion2 has a whole extra science lab capability at no extra weight cost. Maybe make it weigh a little more?

I'm not likely to make a release soon with the holiday weekend, but I'll tinker with this.  Thanks!

Thanks for keeping this up to date! :)

BTW, have you thought about adding some KIS storage to the 'Onion' orbital module? (probably there are others that would make sense too, but I'm yet to unlock them so I can't remember what has what)

4 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Thanks for keeping this up to date! :)

BTW, have you thought about adding some KIS storage to the 'Onion' orbital module? (probably there are others that would make sense too, but I'm yet to unlock them so I can't remember what has what)

You're welcome!  I know that, at least at one time, putting a discrete KIS inventory on a crewed part could lead to problems (e.g. one inventory being overwritten by another), and in any case, I don't think there's room to add an inventory beyond what the crew carries in their pockets and under their seats.

4 hours ago, StevieC said:

Re: a texture for the Garlic, try converting just the green part of the 2-seat Onion texture to grayscale?

No can do, it's forbidden by the license. Take it up with @Orionkermin -- oh wait, he hasn't been around in a year.

On 07/07/2016 at 1:28 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

You're welcome!  I know that, at least at one time, putting a discrete KIS inventory on a crewed part could lead to problems (e.g. one inventory being overwritten by another), and in any case, I don't think there's room to add an inventory beyond what the crew carries in their pockets and under their seats.

It just seems odd that the descent module can contain batteries, monopropellant, food, water, oxygen, controls, reaction wheels, and a solid rocket engine in addition to two kerbals,  while the orbital module, which is roughly the same size, can only carry two Kerbals and nothing else. Very little reason to use it at all if you don't have e.g. KeepFit installed.

On 7/6/2016 at 8:28 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Actually it was recently announced in the KIS thread that they are planning on removing "seat-inventory" altogether in KIS v1.3, so be warned of this.

I'm a bit confused.  If I wanted to try/use HGR,exactly what do I need?

I assume the original HGR, from Curseforge

Then, there seems to be a redux?  from a link on media fire? last one I see is:  HGRbetaV0.24(Oct 20)

The redux thread includes the following additional links: 

Alternate Service Module featuring four small nozzles instead of a single larger one. (Does not replace standard version)

Original Onion (Old red stripe)

and then the patches from this thread?

Doesn't the redux include the original?

Adding to the confusion, I looked at the file from the original HGR_V1.3.0, and it seems to include the following two directories:

GameData/HGR
GameData/HGR_Redux

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm a bit confused.  If I wanted to try/use HGR,exactly what do I need?

I assume the original HGR, from Curseforge

Then, there seems to be a redux?  from a link on media fire? last one I see is:  HGRbetaV0.24(Oct 20)

The redux thread includes the following additional links: 

Alternate Service Module featuring four small nozzles instead of a single larger one. (Does not replace standard version)

Original Onion (Old red stripe)

and then the patches from this thread?

Doesn't the redux include the original?

Adding to the confusion, I looked at the file from the original HGR_V1.3.0, and it seems to include the following two directories:

GameData/HGR
GameData/HGR_Redux

Orionkermin was releasing new models first in the redux package, then moving them into the base HGR package after some testing. But to avoid having to change internal cross-references and potentially break working parts in the process, the parts that were first released in the redux package still get installed to GameData/HGR_Redux even after being migrated.

If you install everything that's in HGR_V1.3.0, you'll have everything that the community fix package cares about, so installing HGR_V1.3.0 and community fixes will get you a working HGR. Parts found in other packages by Orionkermin may work, but are not officially supported.

2 minutes ago, undercoveryankee said:

Orionkermin was releasing new models first in the redux package, then moving them into the base HGR package after some testing. But to avoid having to change internal cross-references and potentially break working parts in the process, the parts that were first released in the redux package still get installed to GameData/HGR_Redux even after being migrated.

If you install everything that's in HGR_V1.3.0, you'll have everything that the community fix package cares about, so installing HGR_V1.3.0 and community fixes will get you a working HGR. Parts found in other packages by Orionkermin may work, but are not officially supported.

Ok, thanks.

so what happened to @Orionkermin ?  and would the license allow a fork?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.